Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For me, it's Call of Duty. I don't like the series, but the world seems to. You?...

Buy my book, Alteration

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

For me, it's Call of Duty. I don't like the series, but the world seems to. You?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

I do not like fallout, but yet Fallout 3 wins multiple GOTY awards. It is just not very fun to me but yet I love The Elder Scrolls.

Sig by Bladia

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Fallout and Final Fantasy, so much praise, but I don't see anything special.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Death is Awaiting....

I hate the iNFAMOUS series and the Halo series. Just could never get into them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh god, everybody is going to hate me for this, but I can't get into Final Fantasy.
    I bought Final Fantasy 13 for the PS3 (FF fanboys will say this game wasn't the best out of all of them.) But I also played 7, and any of the others on the PS2. I couldn't get into it. I even tried to go in the REAL early days on the PS1, and didn't like it. It's weird, I love RPGs.

Ghost Assassin

I don't like Final Fantasy and Halo. There might be another game series I don't like, but those are two that I can think of.

The Bushiest Pig

Kingdom Hearts - just never liked it
    Uncharted - it's alright .... never really got what the big deal was
    Assassin's Creed - just wasn't appealing to me

Resident PHD

Assassin's Creed, found the gameplay dull, the character models repetitive, the story cliched and the game just not that fun.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Korean Girl Group Groupie

The God of War series. It's a poorly written, gore-fest which features almost as many puzzles as it does enemies, and is extremely overrated with it's , , , , getting you through 80% of the game, and button-pressing sequences that are so childish that Dance Dance Revolution would put them as 1-star difficulty. Not to mention that the protagonist is someone that I care as little for as the first goomba in Super Mario Bros., with about as much redeemable qualities as the dump I flushed down the toilet this morning. But for some reason, everybody seems to love these games, and Kratos himself, which simply baffles me.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Little Big Planet. Playing it makes me want to crack my controller in half, put my tongue inside on the components, and find an infinite-vibrating spot in the game to electrocute me until the pain goes away.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol, I too could never get into God of War. I played the first one and didn't understand why people liked it. The protagonist is a barbaric jerkwad and while I love the use of Greek mythology, I couldn't get into the story either.

Also, I've never liked the Grand Theft Auto series, any sort of military FPS games, or Littlebigplanet. However, I can appreciate what Littlebigplanet was trying to do, and I see why it's appealing to people, bu it's just not something I could really get into.

Kiwi Defender

Overrated Uncharted, Gears of War (it's entertaining, but people praise it for something it ain't) and Mario.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I do not like fallout, but yet Fallout 3 wins multiple GOTY awards. It is just not very fun to me but yet I love The Elder Scrolls.
    Same.

I simply cannot comprehend people's obsession with a game that just shows no real progress throughout. Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Little Big Planet. Playing it makes me want to crack my controller in half, put my tongue inside on the components, and find an infinite-vibrating spot in the game to electrocute me until the pain goes away.
    LittleBigPlanet's main flaw is the platforming. 3-layers on 2D sidescrolling can be a fickle bastard at so many points.

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    I hate the iNFAMOUS series and the Halo series. Just could never get into them.
    I think inFAMOUS is overrated, but it is actually rather decent. And it entertains even a cynic like me for many hours.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Oh god, everybody is going to hate me for this, but I can't get into Final Fantasy.
    I bought Final Fantasy 13 for the PS3 (FF fanboys will say this game wasn't the best out of all of them.) But I also played 7, and any of the others on the PS2. I couldn't get into it. I even tried to go in the REAL early days on the PS1, and didn't like it. It's weird, I love RPGs.
    Did you play the SNES and Nes ones? 13 definitely wasn't my favorite, or the best. But it was still good.

Anyways, Not a huge fan of Uncharted. Or atleast I don't see the hype in it. I'll agree its a good story. But it just feels like most 3rd person shooters to me with an extremely huge amount of cliff climbing. Not a fan.

Another would be anything Prince of Persia related. I hated the one for Snes, can't stand any of the Ps2/Ps3 games. The controls were horrible. But I loved the movie lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Did you play the SNES and Nes ones? 13 definitely wasn't my favorite, or the best. But it was still good.

Anyways, Not a huge fan of Uncharted. Or atleast I don't see the hype in it. I'll agree its a good story. But it just feels like most 3rd person shooters to me with an extremely huge amount of cliff climbing. Not a fan.

Another would be anything Prince of Persia related. I hated the one for Snes, can't stand any of the Ps2/Ps3 games. The controls were horrible. But I loved the movie lol.
    Uncharted is simply a film you can play, hence the amazing visuals and character personalitites.

That's how I see it.

Everyone Loves Candy

Assassin's Creed. Just never got into it. Why? I'm not sure but it was bleh to me.
    Hi Mom!

Platinum Dohvakiin

Fallout Series - I just find it incredibly boring and bland to look at

Uncharted - It looks great, I'll give it that. But After playing both of them. I don't see why people just LOVE the series.

inFAMOUS - I know I'm going to get flak for this. But I just found inFAMOUS to be one of the most repetitive and uninteresting games I've ever played.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

PRO Member

I've not enjoyed Fallout 3 much, yet that game seems to have been critically received very well, I'm more of an Elder Scrolls fan. I also hate Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I've seen so many people going as far as to say it's the best NFS game made. I'm sorry but that game sucked absolute balls and is the worst NFS game I've played in my life.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Uncharted - it's alright .... never really got what the big deal was
    This is exactly how I feel about the series. Sure it's fun, but the way people go on about it I was expecting a hell of a lot more. The fact that people have been counting down the days till Uncharted 3 comes out is strange to me.

Other series for me are Call of Duty and Halo. When it comes to Medal of Call of Modern Duty Warfare Honor or whatever the hell they call them now I guess I'm just not into FPS that aim to be very realistic. I like my shooters like Unreal Tournament 3 - more over the top.

And Xbox fanboys can keep their smelly Halo games for all I care, I'd take the God of War series over them any day.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Call Of Duty...war games just tend to bore me. Sometimes people act like it's the only game that exist and I just don't get it.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast