Favorite PlayStation 3 Strategy Guide Books

This is a discussion on Favorite PlayStation 3 Strategy Guide Books within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't know how many people out there are like me, but whenever there is a strategy guide to a ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Favorite PlayStation 3 Strategy Guide Books

I don't know how many people out there are like me, but whenever there is a strategy guide to a game available when I buy it, I nearly almost always buy them. I think that aside from being useful tools in enriching your gaming experience, that they can really add a lot of extra information, developer's opinions, posters, and artwork that is difficult to find anywhere else. So my question to you is what are some of your favorite sidekick companion guides to your favorite PlayStation 3 titles?

Here are some of mine.

1) Final Fantasy XIII - Limited Edition Complete Official Guide by Piggyback- This is the crown jewel of this generation's guides. People may dislike the game, but the guide is sex in a white glossy hardcover. It's actually well written and has very few mistakes in the writing. The set-up, the information, the tables, the secrets section, the artwork, are all drop dead gorgeous. I still love to comb through it long after I am done with the game.

2) Mirror's Edge Studio Series Guide by Prima - An extremely underrated guide in my opinion, it's smaller than your usual guide, but also delivers a gorgeous hardcover. It has a step by step walk through with dozens of pictures and well drawn diagrams, but that's not what makes it special. It has an in-depth character biography section that adds depth that the game skims over, and one of the best pieces on DICE studio, their beginnings, and their what brought them to the Mirror's Edge franchise, including the evolutions that Faith took in her journey of becoming the protagonist of the game. A seriously in-depth guide for fans of the game or guides in general.

3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition Collector's Guide by Prima/Piggyback - Another hardcover sexy beast, with an exclusive 16-page Solid Snake art chapter, again this has in-depth bios on all the characters in the game, and from previous titles. Includes a timeline to connect the dots for individuals who are confused about the series. A stunning in-depth walk through with detailed maps, and alternate strategies to tackling the levels. A secrets checklist (with pictures!), weapons and items breakdown, and other goodies make this an amazing guide that lives up to an amazing game.

Honorable Mentions - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Brady Games), Fallout 3 (Prima), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Piggyback), Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Future Press).

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Assassins Creed 2 guide book was beautiful.

I was given it as a gift and it changed my out look towards them. I alway saw them as a money making scheme but AC2 was a love affair rather than a way to rake in the cash.

spoiler free layout, great back story and it defiantly added to the whole experience.

Also +1 for your recommendation of FF13. no way i would of plat'ed the game without it.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Never had a reason to buy a strategy guide for ps3 games
    But I still have final fantasy x-2 guide and code Veronica and those are still great
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mine would be Bad Company 1 that guide was VERY helpful in campaign.

Notorious K.I.D.

Even though I didn't enjoys the game as much as i thought I would. I still have my FF13 Limited Edition Guide. It's freakin' beautiful and very very detailed.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Fallout 3 one is the only one I really have. It was good but there were a rak of mistakes and miplaced items, enought to make a difference.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have the guides to Red Dead Redemption and inFamous 2! Let me tell you that the RDR guide was very useful!
    Platbar by Wadefan1

An old-fashioned cowboy

I don't really buy strategy guides however once I get around to playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I'll probably buy the guides.

Game on....

I am not really contributing to this discussion as such but i have never found any use for strategy guides books. I feel strategy guides defeat the purpose of games. Just my opinion anyway.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

@timless enigma

u mean you never visit this page

Latest PS3 Trophy Guides - PS3Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

The MGS4 guide was/is truly a thing of beauty. I'd be surprised if any other guide out there can equal it from an aesthetic perspective. It contains everything you could ever want to know about the game, as well as featuring in-depth information about the previous MGS games, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't played them or whose memory needs refreshing.

Everyone Loves Candy

I used to get the game guides for my PS2 games. Not many PS3. Favorite tho is FFXIII.
    Hi Mom!

Nope, nothing

Really love the FF13 guide, all of the Official Final Fantasy guides are brilliant

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Of course the Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIII Strategy Guide.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The only guides I've bought for PS3 games, I've hated. I bought the ones for Ratchet & Clank. I was so mad that things were omitted from the guides completely. I can't believe I did FF13 without a guide. Although, I admit I did use some online help for it.

My best friend reviews strategy guides. If interested, here's her website. She also does free giveaways for the guides she doesn't want or need anymore.

Strategy Guide Reviews | A Strategy Guide for your Strategy Guides