Who here actually bought puppeteer today

This is a discussion on Who here actually bought puppeteer today within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; You do know the game came out today right? it's only $39 the advertising is almost non-existant. There was only ...

INTJ

Who here actually bought puppeteer today

You do know the game came out today right?

it's only $39

the advertising is almost non-existant. There was only one copy at my local gamestop today (The one i bought)

A++ sony for "supporting" new ips

Legalize it...

I want to buy it. It looks really fun imo, but with GTA coming out next week it has to wait...

How is it so far?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I want to buy it. It looks really fun imo, but with GTA coming out next week it has to wait...
    Anyone releasing a game this month is essentially committing suicide

goes for nintendo too, who's releasing Wonderful 101 on the same week as GTA V (whyyyy)

at least nintendo actually put a ad budget behind that game though

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    How is it so far?

putting it in my ps3 right now.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Game looks gorgeous, but I don't have money for both this and GTA5.

The only sane person here

Sony should really get a new ad marketing team to show off their games to the public...

Negator

Is Pupeteer a Move game?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

It's out now? I wasn't aware of that. Anyway, I don't have move

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

DON'T BLINK

You don't need move

The demo is fantastic and when I get home from work I'll be playing my copy I bought on my lunch break

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    You don't need move
    Good to know, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    A++ sony for "supporting" new ips
    How often do we see Nintendo game advertisements?...or even new IPs for that matter.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kid, not loser

I bought it with KZ:M. The demo was GREAT! Can't wait to play the whole game. It has gotten great reviews, too. Just by playing the demo I say it is Sony's next greatest platformer. Hoping for a Vita version/spin-off and a PS4 sequel I know, I know, I haven't even played it yet... but the demo excited me that much.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Good to know, thanks for the info.

How often do we see Nintendo game advertisements?...or even new IPs for that matter.
    Nintendo had a 20 minute advertisement for the new ip Wonderful 101.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyKR-myMjZU

they also put up like 10-20 videos up on their youtube per month for pretty much any game released on their platform (this excludes third party, but they do upload third party trailers too no matter how small or big the game is.) and put tv advertisements for every big game they release on tv.

puppeteer time

i beat Act 1 so far, this game is seriously GOTY material. It acts like a actual stage play without stupid scripted cinematic shit to take you away from the game parts. It's like the game dev has a actual intelligent mind and said "i want to make a video game, not a movie game."

the game has tons of polish though, it doesn't interrupt gameplay for a setpiece either like Every single other game out there. It's a platformer, it constantly introduces you to new gameplay features then doesn't abuse them to death.

too bad the gaming majority are a bunch of idiots and want mature storyline games that sacrifice good gameplay for stupid shit no one will care about in 5 years.

If this is what sony can show to prove they can make good platformers still, i can't wait for knack.

also, that soundtrack. sucks i didn't pre-order it to get it for free.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The demo has been available for + subscribers for two weeks [It's actually the full game you download as the demo, you can just buy the unlock key on release to open it up].
    It's very KID orientated [I'm talking your 5 -9 year olds], although it is a sort of a mix of dark European fairy tales and typical Japanese strangeness.

There is not much to the controls, it's a basic side scrolling platformer, with jumps and spins etc, when the main character get the scissors he can move upwards or downwards in certain situations.

It looks like one big LBP level, the main difference is that in LBP you Sackboy can move in 3 planes, front middle and back, where Puppeteer is stuck in one, the middle.

One thing this game does better than any game released so far, is the way it plays in 3D.
    It looks and more importantly, plays , in 3D far better than anything else I have played.
    It might not be the greatest title ever released, and I somehow doubt there will be any great replay value [unless you are under 10 ], but if you own a 3D capable TV you should seriously consider getting this title, if only to have one title in your collection that can show what 3D gaming done well can be like.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I want to buy it but... POOR. When I get the money, I'll definitely get it. But it'll be lower in price in like 2 months or so so it doesn't matter. But I can't wait to play it.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's very KID orientated [I'm talking your 5 -9 year olds], although it is a sort of a mix of dark European fairy tales and typical Japanese strangeness.
    The story is a all ages story but you made it sound like it treats you like a child (it doesn't.)

It's like watching a pixar movie or a Studio ghibli movie, it's going to appeal to everyone due to it's simplicity and humor.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's nothing like a PIXAR / Disney movie.
    The gameplay is aged for the age group I mentioned.
    It's more like a mix between a old fashioned European Punch & Judy puppet show and Japanese Kabuki theater.
    Each level is like a short scene in one of those types of productions.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'm hearing great things about it and the demo was fun but sadly, i can't see myself getting anything that doesn't have the words Auto, Theft and Grand in it for a little while.

Saw it said that there are hidden interactions in each scene so it sounds like there is some replay value there.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    You don't need move

The demo is fantastic and when I get home from work I'll be playing my copy I bought on my lunch break

Ha ha silly man, you fell asleep so now I will have the first trophies!

Mo

Kid, not loser

It definitely has best new ip and platformer nominations written all over it, imo.

The thing I think with it being kid friendly is great, but it can be very adult oriented as well. If you go and watch the picture books you get even more of the story. And sometimes they can be funny, but deep down you get the whole picture of the characters. Their sadness, despair and happy thoughts as well. Sure it has the way it acts and plays out, but with the way it plays out by being something that is designed to look like it is for kids it also has that adult presence of story between the lines, making it that much more worth while to see it all, in a kids eye and an adults.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Mo4qRage View Post
    Ha ha silly man, you fell asleep so now I will have the first trophies!

Mo

Yeah yeah yeah.... Shut up.