Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Games you bought that were not so great or disappointed you.

This is a discussion on Games you bought that were not so great or disappointed you. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Crysis 2 - Well 1 thing i hate about this is MP soo lag.....

Lvl 6 - Silver

Crysis 2 - Well 1 thing i hate about this is MP soo lag..

Korean Girl Group Groupie

ModNation Racers - I guess do to LittleBigPlanet and the amazing experience with it, I expected this to be as deep. Well, I was sadly disappointed, the campaign is alright, and the create aspect is unique, but the loading times and lack of depth in gameplay hurt it. The worst part is playing with friends can be a giant pain of unstable servers and extremely painful loading times. Not to mention that the hub system is basically PlayStation Home with go-karts, and extreme annoyances.

White Knight Chronicles - I was still playing Final Fantasy XI at the time, and was getting fed up with the endless repetitive grind, and was using my PS3 as an escape from things that annoyed me. It didn't help that with me being a JRPG fan, and not the Nippon Ichi type, that I was extremely starved for a good RPG experience and was looking for this to get my fix. The story is ridiculously short, horribly written, with characters that range from you wanting to murder them yourself, to you wishing they would just leave on their own not that you'd notice it. The online is you doing the same quests a couple hundred times (couple thousand times if you're Big Red), and then mining peoples towns for resources, repeat. So fucking boring, even with friends.

WET - This one I got recently, despite knowing how bad the reviews were, I couldn't resist. Tons of people have called me Rubi for years, and with the protagonist sharing the same name, I couldn't shake not at least wanting to try this. Oh my God, one of the worst games ever - horrible repetitive gameplay in which the aiming seems to be as random as shit, the controls are god awful, the camera is so annoying, and the soundtrack is the worst of this generation - easily. So much wrong with this game, and one of the few I couldn't force myself to keep playing after I beat it once - it was too painful.
    Last edited by Rubicant81; 10-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 8 - Gold

i would say medal of honor and crysis 2,both of these games i was super excited about and thoroughly let down by.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Alpha Protocol. Expected to much Splinter Cell or Metal Gear gameplay... Could have been a lot better if they fixed the bugs.

Lvl 9 - Gold

There've been several games I've bought that disappointed me..... Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2.....

Nah, just kidding!

Games I've bought that have let me down include Terminator, Iron Man 2 and CSI. Only reason I bothered to finish them was to get my money's worth out of such bad games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

-Killzone 2: Dull story and clunky controls
    -Assassin's Creed: Most repetitive game ever
    -Brothers in Arms: I didn't like the gameplay
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 10 - Platinum

dragon age 2 was very disappointing, hope 3 is better

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Now a lot of you have said Assassins creed. I also got a little disappointed, but after i got the other games in the series, I think that it is a great attribute to the story of the series. Especially now that Revelation is coming, i'm sure that it is very important for the story of the game to have completed the first assassins creed.

But I will agree with you, that it is very repeatative. The story of Altair is great I think, though it is boring to play his story!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dead Rising 2, returned it after 1 hr of playtime, I couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to actually explore, but that retarded time limit really limited my attention span.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Prototype for me. Way to repetative for my liking. also imo it had a terrible story.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Black Ops- saw plenty of people with vids of them playing Black Ops looked sweet and I had fun but soon my friends started playing other games and I realized that the game wasn't why I was having fun but my friends a few months later I regretted buying it
    NFS Shift 2 Unleashed- seemed great but it was just too realistic one bump and someone gets past you almost impossible to get past him again

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Final Fantasy 13 & Burn Zombie Burn
    "The door to safety is shut. There is no turning back..."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Kung Fu Rider... lol I was expecting a Move style game with some freedom, but it's just a downhill race to nothingness. It doesn't even have a platinum, for a disc game it should come up with some sort of platinum. Oh well, that was returned the very next day.

No Matter What

Black Ops. It was the first CoD I pre-ordered and it was a HUGE letdown! It had a mediocre story line with an extremely dull multiplayer to compliment it. Zombies was fun for a little while, but it got boring fast unlike [email protected] The only part I had any fun was, the bot zone because it's fun have a bot killing competition with friends.

I was late on the CoD bandwagon since I first played [email protected] and was going to buy it, but a friend told me MW2 was coming out soon and it was going to be awesome. I bought MW2 and it was miles better than [email protected], damn you Black Ops/3arch!

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Resistance 2. A mediocre shooter without question.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think the very 1st Assassins Creed was pretty repetitive and a bit boring (and no trophies wtf), but all the ones after were really different and great! I preordered Revalations yesterday in fact. Really good game.

I keep coming back to GT5... That has got to be the biggest let down ever in the history of all hype ups. One of the worst racing games ever

Lvl 9 - Gold

modern warfare 2 bad campagn they dont do shit about hackers. infinity ward is lazy as fuck ans so is dice

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dead Rising 2 it disappointed me
    Platinum's Working On= BORDERLANDS 2 (57%) MADDEN NFL 13 (25%) inFAMOUS 2 (42%)

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    modern warfare 2 bad campagn they dont do shit about hackers. infinity ward is lazy as fuck ans so is dice
    It's funny because they patched the game, so there is no hackers. It's also funny how you have a Bc2 sig and you say DICE is lazy.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 4 - Silver

Fallout: New Vegas got to confusing for me, i was lost didnt understand the story then you have to talk your way thru the game when i just wanted to reach for my gun and shoot em. Got rid of that stupid game.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast