Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Games you bought that were not so great or disappointed you.

This is a discussion on Games you bought that were not so great or disappointed you. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've seen that there are a few threads about your favorite game so I thought I'd make one about the ...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Games you bought that were not so great or disappointed you.

I've seen that there are a few threads about your favorite game so I thought I'd make one about the games that you thought weren't so great or you we hoping would be better. This thread might cause a few arguments but oh well.
    For me the latest game I bought that I thought would be better was Deus EX. I saw a lot of reviews and read a lot about it before it came out but when I started playing I was a bit disappointed. His voice for some reason really annoyed me and when he took that ridiculous stance when he was talking to other NPC's was stupid ( the one were he folds his arms and leans to the side). I ended up platting the game but didn't enjoy it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

LA Noire. Game started off great, I was enjoying it. Then I just realized it involved nothing more than some wandering about, collecting "evidence" then maybe you'll get a chase scene, fight scene or a shoot out. I still plan on getting the plat but it's been put on Doom's back burner.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

On a Paradise

Killzone 3, I really really expected to get a better game than it was :/

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

PRO Member

Dead Rising 2 not that fun after all is very tedious and all the fps games just not my type no more chances

Lvl 4 - Silver

I got Dead to Rights for a cheap deal but found it to be very average. One of those games that should have been made for the PS2, or not at all. The worst thing is that I'm right on the verge of Platting it but just can't muster up the enthusiasm to do so.

PRO Member

Bleach Soul Resurrection, 40 for a subpar game.
    Story mode was finished in 14 short stages which took about an 1-2 hours.
    I'm a big Bleach fan but this was shocking in my opinion.

Gotham's Reckoning

LittleBigPlanet - got it based on the reviews but I just can't get into it although I will go for the plat someday.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Local Drunk

Dead Rising 2, thought it would be as good as the first but it's just shitty and annoying. Fracture, really boring with horrible graphics. Dead Nation, boring and a waste of time. Fallout: New Vegas, unfortunately not as good as Fallout 3 but it's ok.

Lvl 8 - Gold

- Haze
    - Assassin's Creed
    - LittleBigPlanet
    - Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Lvl 1 - Bronze

LA Noire. The linear nature of the plot combined with the fact that I totally blew entire interviews and was still allowed to progress made me feel cheated. It robbed me of the thrill of discovery. At the end, there were a few side missions I didn't complete but thought I'd get free roam after Tbe ending, but no... and the linearity of the story made the game not worth a second playtrough.

Dead Rising 2. Stupid checkpoints. Long load screens and stupid combat. I don't think I got 10% through this game before I stopped playing.

SpiderMan Shattered Dimensions. The story was just stupid. I know it's SpiderMan, but come on. Really?

Renegade Time Lord

Only one I can say is Haze

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    LA Noire. The linear nature of the plot combined with the fact that I totally blew entire interviews and was still allowed to progress made me feel cheated. It robbed me of the thrill of discovery. At the end, there were a few side missions I didn't complete but thought I'd get free roam after Tbe ending, but no... and the linearity of the story made the game not worth a second playtrough.
    There is a Free Roam mode. You have to go to cases and select Traffic, Homicide, Vice or Arson and it will be right at the bottom. Only difference is you get different side missions if you missed some on a different desk and you get that partner from that desk.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Nope, nothing

Way of The Samurai 3....really don't like that game :stare:

PRO Member

Honestly... Dragon Age 2 takes the cake for me. I had high hopes for this game since DA1 was so awesome.

DA2 was a dumbed down game that was just horrendously executed.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

I make my own mayo!

Star Ocean: The Last Hope, this is my most regretful purchase...I used to play Kingdom Hearts...the guy at GameStop suggested this. I didn't like it off the bat.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dead Rising 2 - when I first bought it - i was like "OMG I CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS!" 1 hour later "Oh my god, i'm so tired of this!"
    The Saboteur - just didn't do it for me.. I might give it another go, but I really don't feel like it
    Red Dead Redemption - I love the concept, but the game feels slow, and at times bigger than it should be. I played it for about 5 hours so far, and 4 of those were spent on a horse going from one place to another.
    Dragon Ball Raging Blast - I bought it because DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi (the predecessor to this game) just happens to be one of my most favorite PS2 games. Even though that game had no trophies or whatever, I replayed it twice, unlocking everything, because it was fun! This was not as much fun, and camera ruined it for me completely...
    Prototype I have beaten this game once... last 3-4 hours of the game were just a monotone experience. Yeah, I haveto beat it, I'm close to it I know, but I'm not enjoying at all. This game is way too repetitive for my liking...

Lvl 5 - Silver

killzone 3, black ops, resistance 3 (MP), dead rising 2 and actually.. the list goes on
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. Both were pretty disappointing.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    LittleBigPlanet - got it based on the reviews but I just can't get into it although I will go for the plat someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    LA Noire. The linear nature of the plot combined with the fact that I totally blew entire interviews and was still allowed to progress made me feel cheated. It robbed me of the thrill of discovery.
    These two for me as well. LA Noire was the most disappointing out of the two. I had just finished RDR and was looking for similar. At the time I thought it was developed by both Team Bondi and R*.

As for LBP, there really isn't anything wrong with it. A few friends hyped it up and I just feel it didn't live up to it. That and I just didn't want to do a platformer. I'll come back to it later.
    IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Homefront, so short and the graphics were shit but it was kinda fun for a while.....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Uncharted, cover based shooters are just not my thing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast