Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Playstation without trophies.

This is a discussion on Playstation without trophies. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by soulless94 i probably wouldn't be as devoted as i am wouldn't feel the need to feed my ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by soulless94 View Post
    i probably wouldn't be as devoted as i am
    wouldn't feel the need to feed my perfectionism and completionism
    i'd probably be a better person... =P
    This is pretty close to my thoughts. It's either this or quit altogether. I can't decide.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I would buy the same amount of games. Would have the same motivation for finishing a game. But i think i would invest more time in the MP. If i remember correctly CoD 4 and MW2 sat about a year in my console only playing the multiplayer part of the game. Until i got the for MW2... Things changed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I will still play games for fun, but once I finish with them I'm done with them for a while.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Negator

Not much would change. I'd probably play more SNES and PS2 games.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

I would still play games like Assassins Creed and Read Dead, maybe update some sports games every couple of years. But I would spend a lot more time with my old favorites...original Ghost Recons and SOCOMs from the PS2 era. Those were the best games to me!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Trophies do not affect Doom. Games are played as they were before the whole hunter phase I went through.

Doom plays for fun.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would probably enjoy some games more as I would only be playing them to completion on my ideals not trying to for some platinums etc.

PRO Member

I'd play a lot more MP and play more the games I really like. The only games I still keep playing over and over are Red Dead Redemption MP and all Metal Gear titles, though not as much as I would if I wasn't a trophy hunter.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is a very interesting topic this.. one I have had with a few friends actually. I am a trophy hunter and am always looking for my next Platinum.

I am not into multi player games so when a game has half their trophies as online achievements I generally avoid the game. Why spend time on a game that I know I will never get the Platinum when I could spend that time playing another game that doesn't have online trophies so I could get the Platinum. Having said that.. I don't get games SOLELY on the aspect of trophies.. I love RPG games and Assassin's Creed kind of games.. 3rd person games.. so I buy those as thats what I enjoy. But theres something frustrating about having 99% completion on a game and only needing 1 last trophy for Platinum that makes me grind it to get it.. if there were no trophies.. that game would have been traded in ages ago.

Removing trophies from games would mean, like some people have already said, there would be no reason to play a game through on the "super ultra impossible" mode for that one last trophy. A personal achievement in your own head is enough for some.. but with a trophy for it on your profile proves to other games you have done it.

I have one game.. House of the Dead.. I need 2 trophies for Platinum.. frustrating the hell out of me! If there weren't trophies for it I would have traded it in ages ago! But I keep it and play it now and then hoping to get those last 2.

Final Fantasy X.. great game!! I love the story.. and I have been going back to it now and then.. but if it had trophy support added it would encourage me more to sit down and replay it from the beginning to end and hunt those dark aeons to get the Platinum

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by enightmare69 View Post
    This is a very interesting topic this.. one I have had with a few friends actually. I am a trophy hunter and am always looking for my next Platinum.

I am not into multi player games so when a game has half their trophies as online achievements I generally avoid the game. Why spend time on a game that I know I will never get the Platinum when I could spend that time playing another game that doesn't have online trophies so I could get the Platinum. Having said that.. I don't get games SOLELY on the aspect of trophies.. I love RPG games and Assassin's Creed kind of games.. 3rd person games.. so I buy those as thats what I enjoy. But theres something frustrating about having 99% completion on a game and only needing 1 last trophy for Platinum that makes me grind it to get it.. if there were no trophies.. that game would have been traded in ages ago.

Removing trophies from games would mean, like some people have already said, there would be no reason to play a game through on the "super ultra impossible" mode for that one last trophy. A personal achievement in your own head is enough for some.. but with a trophy for it on your profile proves to other games you have done it.

I have one game.. House of the Dead.. I need 2 trophies for Platinum.. frustrating the hell out of me! If there weren't trophies for it I would have traded it in ages ago! But I keep it and play it now and then hoping to get those last 2.

Final Fantasy X.. great game!! I love the story.. and I have been going back to it now and then.. but if it had trophy support added it would encourage me more to sit down and replay it from the beginning to end and hunt those dark aeons to get the Platinum
    We are different . I love MP trophies, it brings a game to another level of difficulty, since you never know who you will meet online. My favorite games are still Brotherhood and RDR, cause I managed to get all online trophies without boosting. But honestly if it want for trophies I would be playing competitive MP.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

play games for genuine fun instead of reward

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If there is no trophies, i play the game only once.
    Trophies make me play the game over and over and find new things about the game.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

If Ps didn't have trophies it would change quite a few things for me. I'd be more inclined to try games I normally wouldn't. Reason being is that games with mp trophies I try to avoid as I'm not a big fan of online. Which is probably a shame as I am more than likely missing out on some good games but I just like to get plats and see a nice streak in my list. That's what trophies do to me

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would still buy as many as i do now

Lvl 4 - Silver

Before PS3 and the trophy system, I would buy games and play it over and over. Now that I've been so used to collecting trophies, I'd only bother to buy games that have trophy availability, and once I achieve platinum, I never play the game again. Like I completely retire the game from the collection.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 7 - Gold

I am a game collector, i have 200+ games for the PS3, but only 6 plats.
    So i would still buy & play as much games i do now even if there were no trophies.

But, like said before by others, i would probably quit easier on a game.

I must admit that i bougt a few games for the trophies, a good example:
    i am a real elder scrolls fan and played elder scrolls 4 a lot on the PC
    When i saw the PS3 version in the store, i bought it because i thoughtit would be easy trophies for me.
    unfortunaterly i came home and played it, finding out it didn't had trophies....

PRO Member

It would be disappointing, since I use it as a log of what I've played over the years, yet over all, it wouldn't be impactful on my purchasing or gaming habits.

I wish they would give us the option to either delete trophies game by game or reset our entire profile. Would be fun
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

Everything is changing so is gaming trophies or not I'm a gamer

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'd be quite happy without trophies. It would be just like the old days. I could play the game on the easiest difficulty I want and not have to worry about getting trophies. and collectibles.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

I tell you one thing if there weren't trophies in games I wouldn't be still after 24 hours of glitch grinding for just 1 trophy in ratchet and clank 1, but in fact play it to beat it and move on to another game, trophies are a fun distraction to show others that you can do a game and get the extras( kingdom hearts comes to mind) but if there weren't trophies I would have my Wii U on playing homebrew like classic sonic or Mario instead of the ps3 for trophies today

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast