Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Playstation without trophies.

This is a discussion on Playstation without trophies. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; No!! If you have not guessed, I've played through several generations of gaming consoles without trophies. I still play the ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No!! If you have not guessed, I've played through several generations of gaming consoles without trophies. I still play the games I want to play. Trophies have always been a bonus, not a reason to play games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

would do just as I am now that iv reached all trophy goals... playing for fun enjoying the story more while taking my sweet time and not worrying about completing on the hardest setting just for a trophy all the time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would play with less pressure of needing to get for example that one last bolt in Ratchet & Clank to have one million bolts. I would play like I did with my PS2 on whatever setting I wanted to and take whichever route I wanted. I wouldn't get to see all the little extra special things but that's okay. I don't trophy hunt now but I do check the trophy list and go for everything that is possible for me. There are some trophies I know I would rage quit if I even attempted them.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I dont think it would change my game collection any at all really. I only play games that i enjoy, however i dont think i would spend as much time grinding out MP without the bonus of the trophies..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would probably play more games. I hate trophies for online and ones that make you play missions a certain way. If I am on the edge of getting a game or not I will look at the trophies and if those type of trophies are in there then I don't get the game.
    .The Greatest Danger could be your own Stupidity

Go Blue Jackets!!

about half the games I play were for trophies, so I guess my PS3 would've collected more dust

A plat a month!

I'd have a totally different experience with games. I'd probably have a lot less games, wouldn't have PSN+, etc.

I got a PS3 before trophies were a thing. However, trophies changed the way I experience games. I never bothered with collectibles, and I often played on "normal" not trying hard. Now that I go for the plats in games, I have had a truer experience in the titles I attempt.

Also, I've tried games I've otherwise wouldn't have considered in the past. PSN+ has only furthered that thought.

KCCO!

This is definitely a Catch-22 for me. I do love trophies and they have added incentive for me to play some games more. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I get that shiney . There are times, though, when the thought of having to grind or play a shitty multiplayer for a platinum has disuaded me from trying a game. I probably would try more games (and probably give up on more also) if trophies were to go away.

Lvl 8 - Gold

No trophies, no life! For me trophies are, some sort of additional replay value that, I totally enjoy. Playstation Universe would for sure be boring, without them indeed.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I would not play mp for most games. or collect all the collectibles in games. other than that I will be the same

Lvl 7 - Gold

only difference it will make for me, is that I will not invest so much time on some of the games to get the platinum. but I would still buy the same games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd still play the same games, and the same way I have been playing them. I don't shoot for trophies, really; never have much. It was neat in the beginning, but matters just as little now as they did then. Trophies actually make a game lose replay value for me, if you can believe it

Lvl 7 - Gold

There is a guy on this forum with the following signature :

"Trophies in a game is just like a stereo in a car.
    Do we need it? No
    Does it make it more fun? Hell Yeah!"

PRO Member

I would still buy and play to 100% every single Lego game out there! My kids and I love playing through those together.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would play more games, sometimes just trials. I would be free if I want to stop playing a boring game, but a PS trophyless would be so bad! The trophies guives us another motivation, they make us beating games on Very Hard difficulty, to make our way to the 1% and also, i would miss that rewarding DING! when we get the trophies.
    JPR

Lvl 7 - Gold

Rather than spent hundreds of hours between various games going for the platinum, I would have been able to spend that time on additional titles and probably gotten more enjoyment from my gaming time. When you stop and really think about it, was it really worth collecting hundreds of hidden items that did nothing but spring a trophy? For now I can say yes since I have a platinum, but when Sony stops showing PS3 trophies for whatever reason, I'm going to wish I spent that time playing other games.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lectorw View Post
    There are games in my collection that I haven't even booted up because I know there is no way I will plat them (lost planet 2, Riddick, wolfenstein etc). On the other hand, I never buy games specifically for the trophies. I do sometimes miss the simpler times, although, the lack of a reward system on Wii-u has pretty much ruled out a purchase. Well at least until the new Zelda.
    Could have hacked into my brain and taken the words right from my brain. I rarely, if ever, pay full price for a game anyways, but it has never once been "oh it's a super easy plat" as the sole reason....I've played and bought kids games, but, that is partially due to the face that I have a 6 year old who likes when I play them with him. The easy plat/trophies are just an added bonus. To be honest though, I probably would also go back to my RPG style roots.....I'll admit I usually TRY to get into some kind of trophy race/competition at all times (usually one that rewards some kind of prize for doing well) so that has kind of turned me away from RPG's as of late!
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If future PS systems have no more trophies. I still buy games I like to play and categories I'm interested in.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i've already lived through "Playstation without trophies" lol, so wouldn't faze me in the slightest.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Less games and Less fun. I find the trophies alot more fun and challenging.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast