Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Playstation without trophies.

This is a discussion on Playstation without trophies. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What would it change for you? No trophies. Would you buy less games? Are there any titles you definitely wouldn't ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Playstation without trophies.

What would it change for you? No trophies. Would you buy less games? Are there any titles you definitely wouldn't play? What kind of games would you play?

I would probably play a lot of MP games, Red Dead Redemption and Assassins Creed.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It wouldn't change anything for me. I don't play games for the trophies I play them because I want to. Trophies are just an added bonus, if I like the game I will try to get all the trophies. If I don't like the game I will finish it and move on.

O_o

I'd probably go right back to worrying about saves. Trophies record stuff like beating a game or 100%ing thing, and are much easier to show off.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i probably wouldn't be as devoted as i am
    wouldn't feel the need to feed my perfectionism and completionism
    i'd probably be a better person... =P
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 9 - Gold

Probably just go back to how I was before trophies came out in 2008

Notorious K.I.D.

I'd probably continue gaming like I've been doing since the late 80's, willing to play just about anything, with preference to RPG style games.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just keep playing games for the most part.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would continue gaming, but the higher level difficulty play-throughs would become a thing of the past.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would probably play more or less the same number of games, just the time spent on it would differ greatly. like I wouldn't really care about getting every collectable and there would be no grinding for trophies, no boosting. It would have been fun...like just start a game and play how you like without having to worry about difficulty and missable trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Don't care about trophies anymore, I'll buy any game with or without trophies.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Change is mediocre

I'd go back to playing games for fun.

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    I'd go back to playing games for fun.
    Same. I still do but not as much as I use too.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

prolly would not have even gotten a ps3 yet lol if not for so many good games and the trophies are a plus to show off acomplishments but like so many others including the older people on the forums I would be gaming like I have done since the 80's have fun and enjoy the games

PRO Member

I have never bought a game with trophies being a reason for buying it. However I admit if there were no trophies I wouldn't have played through more than once on some games. I kind of got burned out on trophies so I am just enjoying a few RPGs which i know I will never ever get the plat on because they take too long. It reminds me of how I use to game and I like that

However the primary reason I trophy hunt is to get more value out of games, if I had endless amounts of games I wouldn't trophy hunt!

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There are games in my collection that I haven't even booted up because I know there is no way I will plat them (lost planet 2, Riddick, wolfenstein etc). On the other hand, I never buy games specifically for the trophies. I do sometimes miss the simpler times, although, the lack of a reward system on Wii-u has pretty much ruled out a purchase. Well at least until the new Zelda.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would probably go back to playing games just on normal difficulty and breezing through without any worry about missable or collectible trophies. But if Playstation and Xbox ended up having no achievements/trophies, then i probably honestly wouldn't be as devoted of a player as i am now. Since trophies allow us to basically find secrets which I never would have thought of finding in games or other things that we wouldn't find on just casual playthroughs, it gives us more reason to play games which i really like. Some people might think that trophies were a bad idea, but the enabling of trophies was basically the one big thing that got me becoming an active gamer, even though that's sorta a bad thing lol. But as for games with MP, I've never really cared about games having MP with trophies as luckily for me, those never stand in the way of my plat and are easy to get (as long as they're at least moderately fun). And as for buying games, I've never bought a game just for the sake of trophies, i have obviously checked out if the game has trophies but has never been the factor that completely changes my decision.
    MEME FTW!

Lvl 6 - Silver

trophies are just an added bonus.. if they go away im still gaming

PRO Member

I would probably end up playing a lot more games as I wouldn't be obsessing about getting 100% in as many of my games as possible. I would try a lot more freebies from PS+ without checking out the trophy guides 1st. I would get a lot less frustrated as I wouldn't bother with difficult playthroughs or time consuming multiplayer trophies.
    Would probably spend less time on Playstation but the time spent would me more fun, and would probably spend more time with my wife.
    But I wonder if that is the fault of trophies or with OCD, lol.

Kid, not loser

I would definitely play less games. I would more than likely be trapped on an mp of a couple games. The value of my purchases would go WAY down. Probably rent more just to beat the game and move on, or never feel the need to beat a game and just move on. I would lose out on the huge experience of being a hardcore gamer.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I collect games so I'd play all the ones I own eventually and would own them with or without trophies. Even the bad ones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast