Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Game of the year 2013 discussion thread

This is a discussion on Game of the year 2013 discussion thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Waystedyou I just think that its going to win it this time depending on the story considering ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I just think that its going to win it this time depending on the story considering how crazy review sites went over GTA IV and it was my least favourite in the series, I'm pretty sure there aren't going to be to many other choices.
    TLoU and Bioshock Infinite are the only two I have really heard mentioned in GOTY for AAA titles, they were good games yes but there isn't a whole lot to do in them once they are finished the storyline in them are definitely some of the best this generation/year but I only really played through them twice each.
    I liked Tomb Raider. I'm sure it will be at least nominated for best action adventure don't forget Assassins Creed IV and I'm sure Ni No Kuni will be nominated and hopefully win for best RPG and also for game of the year Beyond: Two Souls.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Most of these will be opinions, but my vote has to go to The Last of Us. Yes, The last of us doesn't have much to do when you finish the story besides trophy hunt and multiplayer, but the story is what makes this game stand out from the crowd. You will not find a game that has that deep of a story line in any game. From the gameplay, music, and even acting it was the perfect game. On top of that it's a PS3 exclusive (Suck it Xbox). I think the only other game that will come close to this is GTA V. GTA V will no doubt have amazing stuff to do after the game is over, but I think the story is not going to be as good as everyone thinks it is. It feels like they are adding a bunch of new stuff and not focusing on the campaign **cough, cough, Assassin's Creed 3, cough cough** GTA V has been getting all this hype and I think it will fall short story wise. Now I know some people might not care about story in GTA games, but for it to be the game of 2013 it has to have a solid story line. Both games have their pros and cons, but GTA V does have the advantage being on both current gen systems and next gen systems, but my vote still goes to the last of us. Arkham origins I think will be a letdown compared the other Arkham games, so I don't think that's going to get it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Alright fine. Watch Dogs.

But only if the hacking into innocent people's lives is not shown to be stupid easy and overpowered. This game better have a very good reason for making you the villain/anti-hero.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

So far, as of today, before GTA V, i have a 1,2,3 of The Last Of Us, Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. All fantastic in their own ways and up there among my 25 favourite games of the generation.
    Beyond GTA V and X-COM Enemy Within, nothing else much excites me from this year. Watch Dogs doesn't spark with me, Assassins Creed IV looks pretty on next gen but the series is tired, Battlefield 4 will be fun no doubt but not GOTY worthy fun and i find it hard to believe Arkham Origins will be anywhere close to the greatness of the previous entries.

In fairness, i probably wouldn't have a definitive list of the best games of 2013 til March/April next year, when i've tried a few i missed but i hazard a guess The Last Of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Grand Theft Auto V will be among the very best.

Lvl 6 - Silver

This is so subjective it's not even funny. Personally, I could care less what critics and others say the game of the year is. For me, so far, it's Dead Space 3, followed very closely by Tomb Raider and Crysis 3. And BATMAN Arkham Origins hasn't even come out yet. So........????

BTW, how come no one is mentioning ALIENS : Colonial Marines????? Oh yeah - That is unquestionably 2013's Biggest Disappointment of the Year ;-)

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Harvester of Souls

I'd like to see The Last of Us win it, but I'm sure GTA V will for sure. That and be close up with a few more games such as Assassin's Creed and Batman. GTA should really have no problem winning this.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

I tend to pick games that change how the current thought of gameplay is done by developers.

So, there. Most sequels go out the window. GTA cannot win it because all it has is polish and a new story over the last one. What is so great about that?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    This is so subjective it's not even funny. Personally, I could care less what critics and others say the game of the year is. For me, so far, it's Dead Space 3, followed very closely by Tomb Raider and Crysis 3. And BATMAN Arkham Origins hasn't even come out yet. So........????

BTW, how come no one is mentioning ALIENS : Colonial Marines????? Oh yeah - That is unquestionably 2013's Biggest Disappointment of the Year ;-)

Dead Space 3 was buried under a lot of silly frothing over ' selling out ' but i'm with you in thinking it was a very good game and a nice surprise. Metal Gear Rising ditto.

As bum as Alens CM was, i still had a shred of enjoyment from dicking about in Co-Op. Crysis 3 however, is probably the greatest disappointment of the year for me. It looked pretty but never held my attention like the first two did.

PRO Member

I would say Kingdom Hearts 1.5 but have already been bashed on for saying it in the CB. So my vote would have to go to Dragon's Crown for having the old quarter arcade feel to it good memories relived.

PRO Member

The Last of Us gets my vote for "Game of the Year"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It will be a tough decision between the The Last of Us and GTA V but you are right Batman Arkham Origins may change the landscape, but it will a tough choice not forgetting Beyond Two Souls may up up there as well.
    Slow and Steady WINS!!!!

Local Drunk

Tough to tell yet, there are still some good contenders yet to be released.

Atm though I'd say it's between GTA V, The Last Of Us and BioShock Infinite. GTA V would be my pick of those 3.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    lol can't see CoD winning, i think alot of people are getting a bit sick of CoD now.

i reckon GTA V will win a GOTY hands down, it's been anticipated for so long especially with the delay, plus the game has a budget of $170,000 and Rockstar have said its the biggest game they've ever made.
    Absolutely. Cod is so played out it's not even funny. I'll keep TLoU in mind. Story wise the game was wild sooo.
    _________T________________V________

INTJ

gta v

no contest. Only game that actually has really good gameplay that people claim is GOTY material.

Lvl 8 - Gold

As for now GTA V unless Watch_Dogs turns out to be better.

Threat

Hard to choose between The Last of Us and GTAV. Still have a bit left before I beat GTAV so I'll probably decide once I finish it.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Fight the Future

Here is my list...

1. Gran Turismo 6

2. The Last of Us

3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch / Gran Theft Auto V

I know GT6 isn't out yet but the GT series is my favorite series of all time and from playing the GT academy and feeling the new physics, I am confident this one will be the best one yet.

Gotham's Reckoning

Atm it is The Last Of Us but that will most likely change when I get GTA V.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 6 - Silver

i'm really not sure what game i would make my 2013 GOTY now, since The Last of Us hasn't impressed me in the slightest, and i'm not overly impressed with GTA 5 to be honest, i had more fun on GTA 4.

PRO Member

Here are my nominees (one's I've played)

1.) GTA V

2.) Dragon's Crown

3.) Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 (for the sheer nostalgia feels alone)

I love the Dead Space series, but so many things in 3 kinda killed it for me and imo is not worthy of the title. I hear that LastofUS game is pretty darn neatto

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast