No new College Football game next year says EA

This is a discussion on No new College Football game next year says EA within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and ...

Plats-O'-War!!

No new College Football game next year says EA

Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise. This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year. Id like to explain a couple of the factors that brought us to this decision.

We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes. For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA SPORTS games.
    You can read the rest here Update on College Football - EA News

Thoughts?

Check Those Corners

Hmm, first I heard they're NCAA/EA License went through, but it was going to be called College Football 15 because of they're licenses with Nike (they could connect NCAA teams, etc. to that as well)

But now I guess it won't even launch. Oh well. Now all of you online boosting could take more time. I am still enjoying UT and RTG on it. I hope they keep updating 14 though.