Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should i do? :(

This is a discussion on What should i do? :( within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey Guys, Please help me! I have a PSN account that I've owned for well over a year. This account ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What should i do? :(

Hey Guys,

Please help me! I have a PSN account that I've owned for well over a year. This account has quite a few purchases on it. I have many platinums on it, 18 to be exact. Two days ago I asked a trusted friend if we could gameshare. He accepted and we shared games. It all went well until he decided to give me a "raise" on my trophy level. He hacked three of my games which were Prototype 2 and a few other games. When I saw the timestamps i got really mad at him. The timestamps are like 2008-2009 when the game released on 2012 >.< I seriously don't know what to do now. I'm thinking of abandoning this account and creating a new one incase I decide to play on it and Sony decides to ban it later on. What should I do? Create a new account or stay on this one? I am seriously really pissed off at him anyone can tell that i've hacked.

Thanks,

Gotham's Reckoning

Considering that you shared games with each other, Sony are more than likely going to ban your account so you might as well make a new one.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

illegal in 9 countries

You done fucked up...

Trust no-one with your account and don't be silly enough to gameshare, that alone can get you banned from the PSN.

Don't worry about the PSN purchases - as long as you keep the original account on your PS3 activated, you can still access the purchased content on any other PSN account.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Trust no-one with your account and don't be silly enough to gameshare, that alone can get you banned from the PSN.

Don't worry about the PSN purchases - as long as you keep the original account on your PS3 activated, you can still access the purchased content on any other PSN account.
    lol that's what game sharing is

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    Did you know that there's actually a practical use for game sharing that is actually legal?! Who knew?!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    Did you know that there's actually a practical use for game sharing that is actually legal?! Who knew?!
    You tell em luck.

PRO Member

Yeeeeeeeah. You done fucked up like stated before. Never...and I mean NEVER trust anyone else with your account. Even your friends can be dicks and screw you over.

Create another account and enjoy starting over

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    naturally this is sarcasm, so explain the illegal one that ant1th3s1s is talking about, cos you've lost me

KCCO!

No, that is not gameshareing. ant is telling the guy that as long as he keeps the account active on his PS3, he can keep using the content he purchased. :stare:

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No, that is not gameshareing. ant is telling the guy that as long as he keeps the account active on his PS3, he can keep using the content he purchased. :stare:
    right so what is gamesharing then, cos i always thought that was gamesharing

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think you pretty much answered your own question. If you're that pissed off about the situation, then create a new PSN account. And just to clarify, you actually can't get in shit for gamesharing like you did. Sony already admitted they knew about it, but it was a huge reason why they trimmed the number of users on one account from 4 to 2. Obviously you learned the risks of gamesharing/account sharing first hand, and as others have stated you really have to be sure you trust the person 100% if you're going to share your account with them.

I share my account, but it's with my son, so if I buy something off the PS store that he likes he can download it too. My general rule of thumb though is I won't share my account with anyone. I pay for everything that's on my system, and that's the way I'm going to keep it.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

KCCO!

right so what is gamesharing then, cos i always thought that was gamesharing
    Gamesharing -

Hitman: Moondog, guess what I got?
    Moondog: What's that Hit?
    Hitman: I got the new DLC for xyz game.
    Moondog: Can you give me your PSN info so I can download it too and play it for free on my playstation?
    Hitman: Sure dude. Here's my username and password.

Quote Originally Posted by dajmer79 View Post
    I share my account, but it's with my son, so if I buy something off the PS store that he likes he can download it too. My general rule of thumb though is I won't share my account with anyone. I pay for everything that's on my system, and that's the way I'm going to keep it.
    Pretty much, this for me. I share stuff with my kid. I've only shared stuff with one other person, but we split the cost, and I made a "dummy" account just for that one DLC. That way, my main account is still safe.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gamesharing -

Moondog: Can you give me your PSN info so I can download it too and play it for free on my playstation?
    so it's only classed as gamesharing if the activated account is on someone else's PS3 instead of his, that's exactly the same as what i've always thought, i just didn't realise there was a difference cos i've never had more than 1 account lol

KCCO!

so it's only classed as gamesharing if the activated account is on someone else's PS3 instead of his, that's exactly the same as what i've always thought, i just didn't realise there was a difference cos i've never had more than 1 account lol
    Having one account is not the issue. You can have one account and share your details with someone else, allowing them access to content they didn't pay for. That's the issue.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Gamesharing -

I see a little of Abel's influence on this one! But overall good example Hitman

This might give Abel an idea for another thread? IS it good for gameshare with boosters?

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    I see a little of Abel's influence on this one! But overall good example Hitman
    When in Rome, and all that ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Having one account is not the issue. You can have one account and share your details with someone else, allowing them access to content they didn't pay for. That's the issue.
    yeah i do that with my mate, but it's a mutual thing, he shares his with me too.

KCCO!

yeah i do that with my mate, but it's a mutual thing, he shares his with me too.
    ... and that's entirely between you and him. If you feel comfortable with that, then as you were. As ant said, it's not illegal per se, just looked down upon (by Sony).

Lvl 6 - Silver

... and that's entirely between you and him. If you feel comfortable with that, then as you were. As ant said, it's not illegal per se, just looked down upon (by Sony).
    yeah it's worse when you get some random asking to share, i had one guy add me then ask to share my stuff, then he was so offended when i told him to fuck off (but in nicer words lol)

KCCO!

Well, between the responses this person got here and from his 100% duplicate thread on .org, I'd say he's good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast