Why does PSN install mobile phone for purchasing in the PS Store?

This is a discussion on Why does PSN install mobile phone for purchasing in the PS Store? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Last time I went to the PS Store for bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelation game series when they were ...

Banned

Why does PSN install mobile phone for purchasing in the PS Store?

Last time I went to the PS Store for bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelation game series when they were on sale off, I pressed "Add Funds" for redeeming codes from my PSN cards I bought and then I noticed mobile phone is on this. I didn't know about that and I don't get notified about that. Oh, well, now I tell you about this, I would use my mobile phone to get extra funds for buying any stuffs in PS store but I can't risk I can do it. Remember about PSN got hacked couple of years ago? It is about someone hacked the gamers' credit cards. That's what I heard about that. Thank goodness for I didn't use a credit card for that PS store. I always bought PSN cards. What if their mobile phones get hacked after they purchase some stuff in the PS stores? You know, ADT security system in a home owner's mobile phone? It is not a good idea for using the mobile phone with security system to purchase stuffs in the PS Store. I better be careful with this and I only make my choice for buy PSN cards so usually. I know what I think about that, my thinking tells me, "After I spent my PSN card, when new stuffs come out or some stuffs are getting expire soon then what if I don't have enough money to buy more PSN cards? Can I use my mobile phone to get more funds for buy them?" My answer is no and too risky for me. I can be patient and conserve my money.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I wouldn't worry too much about the hackers going that route and besides hackers can go any route they choose doesn't matter what you do if it has a chip and access to the internet then they can hack into it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Safest way buy PSN cards I would never give out my credit card info on PS Store. Leave that controller and go back to school.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Banned

I haven't been in the PSstore for a while (since July) and, when I was there, I didn't notice anything mobile phone related.

Can someone explain this feature? I'm assuming its just something like an "Add funds from your phone", "Purchase item from your phone" and/or "PSstore app" kinda thing?

KCCO!

Is this thread about some new mobile app, or something else? I'm a bit confused.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Is this thread about some new mobile app, or something else? I'm a bit confused.
    You're not the only one mate Seems something about a mobile app could lead to accounts getting hacked.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Is it not the new app he is talking about for the PS4? I dont believe PS3 got this.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No I believe it's about the mobile phone payment option

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    No I believe it's about the mobile phone payment option
    I got that impression. Not something that everyone has access to though, so some people may not know what it is. We sure don't have it here in AUS

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Banned

Let me show you a pic. See at right side?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Let me show you a pic. See at right side?

Ahhh. I've never noticed that before. It must be either really new or, I've always missed it because I added funds through Account Management's "Redeem Code".

Thanks for the screenshot!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    Ahhh. I've never noticed that before. It must be either really new or, I've always missed it because I added funds through Account Management's "Redeem Code".

Thanks for the screenshot!
    No problem, pal. About Account Management, I usually added funds through that too and I save some funds for buy some future stuffs in the PS store.

The Last of my Kind

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.