Trilogy Battle: Hitman vs Tomb Raider

This is a discussion on Trilogy Battle: Hitman vs Tomb Raider within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was wondering if the community could share their thoughts on the two HD trilogies. I have the platinum for ...

Banned

Trilogy Battle: Hitman vs Tomb Raider

I was wondering if the community could share their thoughts on the two HD trilogies.

I have the platinum for Hitman: Absolution (and I thoroughly enjoyed it) but, the only experience I've ever had with Tomb Raider was the original, tiny demo level from back around the introduction of the franchise (I think it was like 1997/98ish or something). Definitely back in the PS1 days. It was on one of those discs you got with Playstation magazine. Others had Tony Hawk and Twisted Metal. It was in a cave with a pool of water and a tiger or something. I think it had a long wall, too (like the Great Wall of China). I don't really remember because I only played it for a few minutes.

Either way; I was just wondering what you folks thought was a better HD trilogy and why.
    Last edited by effdeegee; 10-06-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: To add "HD" for clarification.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

You know there's been 5 Hitman games and about 10 plus Tomb Raiders right?

Hitman shades it as a franchise for me as Tomb Raider has more duffers in it's portfolio. Love the old skool creativity of Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    You know there's been 5 Hitman games and about 10 plus Tomb Raiders right?

Hitman shades it as a franchise for me as Tomb Raider has more duffers in it's portfolio. Love the old skool creativity of Hitman 2, Contracts and Blood Money.
    Yeah, I'm aware there's like a bazillion games in each franchise. It's a case of, "so many games, so little time" and those were some of the games that were left for later.

Thanks for the other info.

P.S. Bonus points for using "duffers".

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware there's like a bazillion games in each franchise. It's a case of, "so many games, so little time" and those were some of the games that were left for later.

Thanks for the other info.

P.S. Bonus points for using "duffers".
    In other words, a trilogy battle that has nothing to do with a trilogy. This reminds me of my best of the series thread a long time ago.

I have nothing relevant to say either, I've played none of either series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    In other words, a trilogy battle that has nothing to do with a trilogy. This reminds me of my best of the series thread a long time ago.

I have nothing relevant to say either, I've played none of either series.
    You're correct. It has nothing to do with a trilogy; it has to do with two trilogies.

Thanks for the input, though.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    You're correct. It has nothing to do with a trilogy; it has to do with two trilogies.
    But neither of the franchises you listed is a trilogy, as has already been pointed out. Unless you were referring to the HD Collections of the series, in which case you should have pointed that out in your original post. Hitman and Tomb Raider are franchises/series, but they're not trilogies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would say the hitman series is the better series I have thoroughly enjoyed every game in the series, yet with tomb raider I never really got into it very much. I enjoy the tomb raider games more now then when they first came out, but the hitman games remain some of my favorite games

Lvl 6 - Silver

the OP is obviously referring to the HD Trilogies.

if you've only played the original Tomb Raider, then the HD Trilogy will be nothing like it as that's a trilogy of the ones where the gameplay style had changed from the old PS1 games.

i own them both but if i had to pick a trilogy i would go for Hitman, as the 3 Tomb Raiders in the HD Collection are not the 3 best TR games, while still good, i far more enjoyed the originals.

Banned

I understand now that I made a mistake by failing to say HD Trilogy and then wonder why people were questioning the wording. That's a pretty big "duh" on my end.

Yes, I am referring to the HD Trilogies. Thanks for the heads up. I've edited the question to avoid further confusion.

PRO Member

Haven't played any of of the most recent games but looking back at the one's I've played from each series Hitman is the one's i remember best and enjoyed most.
    THANKS DJUNGLIST...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Okay, I need to give a shout out for Tomb Raider since no one has yet. I've never played Hitman so I can't say anything about that. However, I've been playing Tomb Raider for years. I played it on the PC back in the day. I never had a PSOne. I traded in my PS2 versions for the Tomb Raider HD trilogy and don't regret it. It's been so much fun replaying them. I need to go back and finish them. They are the kind of games that I can put down and then pick back up any time. I was actually playing one of the games on the HD trilogy when the new Tomb Raider came out. I stopped everything to play that and then I decided to take a break from Tomb Raider games and play other games like Okami, FFXIII and now Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Those are some time consuming games. But Tomb Raider games are must haves for me. I guess it all depends on what you like.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i am a Hitman Fanboy i Must admit i Platinumed Blood Money and Absolution though i thoroughly enjoyed playing the new tomb raider i dont think it beats hitman.
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser