List of PS3 Games That Don't Invert X

This is a discussion on List of PS3 Games That Don't Invert X within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The following is a list of PS3 games that do not allow the option to invert the x-axis. Please keep ...

Banned

List of PS3 Games That Don't Invert X

The following is a list of PS3 games that do not allow the option to invert the x-axis. Please keep in mind that the list is a work in progress.

*Games that begin with "The" will be listed under the next prominent letter of the title.

B

Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock Infinite
    Borderlands
    Borderlands 2

F

Far Cry 3

H

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hitman: Contracts
    Hitman: Blood Money

L

L.A. Noire

M

Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

S

Splinter Cell
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

T

Tomb Raider

W

Walking Dead, The
    Last edited by effdeegee; 10-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Negator

Thanks for this list.

I can't stand pressing left on the analog stick and my character looks in the same direction.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Just because you don't invert x, doesn't give you the right to make fun of those that do. Your sarcasm is not appreciated or welcome in this thread.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Just because you authored a thread doesn't give you the right to tell people what they can and cannot post in said thread. Your over-inflated sense of self-importance and authority is not appreciated or welcome on this site.

Banned

I don't appreciate being mocked simply because I invert X.

If you feel I don't belong on this site; tough luck.

PRO Member

Nice list to let people know

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It took me forever to get used to not having reversed X-axis controls, but I finally did it. I used to return/refuse to play games with "normal" x-axis controls, but now I'm accustomed to it, and it works out decent enough for me. I'd never get used to not having reversed Y-axis, though. If games didn't give me the option to reverse those, I'd give up and start painting or some shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Nice list to let people know.
    Thanks for the kudos. I hope it serves well. I haven't seen another thread like it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatruar777 View Post
    It took me forever to get used to not having reversed X-axis controls, but I finally did it. I used to return/refuse to play games with "normal" x-axis controls, but now I'm accustomed to it, and it works out decent enough for me. I'd never get used to not having reversed Y-axis, though. If games didn't give me the option to reverse those, I'd give up and start painting or some shit
    It must be nice to get the monkey off your back. I used to be able to tolerate any combo of camera options but, after so many consecutive hours of Assassin's Creed and Batman, I'm scared that I'll never be able to go back.

member since Oct 2009

Why would you need to invert x-axis? What games benefit from it? Kinda awkward to turn right by pressing left.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Why would you need to invert x-axis? What games benefit from it? Kinda awkward to turn right by pressing left.
    I wouldn't question his authority, or you'll be verbally attacked like me.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

It's so funny that, no matter how many times the topic is brought up around the world, the responses are always exactly the same.

It makes me sad to look at the growing list. Seems like an awful lot of premium titles that many folks are missing out on.

illegal in 9 countries

Wouldn't the list be shorter by selecting titles that support inverting the x-axis?
    Wouldn't someone interested in inverting the x-axis prefer a list of confirmed games that support it?

You're robbing yourself of some great games by filtering out those that don't support x-axis remapping. Maybe try to find an adapter like the Xim that allows custom remapping so you can play all of these games with the controls you like.

I've used the Xim 3 for mouse and keyboard controls in many of the titles you've listed above and to connect a 360 controller to the PS3 instead of using a DualShock. The Xim Edge supports DualShock 3, but it lacks the OSD and is somewhat harder to configure as a result. Both m+kb and gamepad work concurrently on a Xim, so you can swap between them at will.

I could test out the devices for you to check the x-axis remapping capacity. But alas, I won't. I've given you the gun, it's up to you to see if the bullets fit the chamber.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 10-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Banned

To answer your first two questions, I'd have to say that, during my gaming experience, I've found that the majority of games actually do offer to invert the x-axis. You probably never noticed because you don't use the option and/or, if you ever did come across the option, maybe while changing the y-axis for a flight simulator or searching for something else camera related, the option was probably discovered and forgotten within the same 5-second time frame because it is normally of no concern to your gaming needs.

The truth is, I don't know for sure what side is better to list. I can only go by my own experience with the issue. Numbers like; during the first ~60 games I bought, the matter has only come up 1 time (1.67%) because of L.A. Noire. On the flip side of that coin; out of the last ~40 games I bought, the issue has come up 9 times (22.5%) and 6 of those are only because of 2 older HD trilogy remakes.

With an average of ~10% not allowing the option to invert the x-axis, I'd prefer to write a list of 200 that don't, rather than a list of 1,800 that do. There's no need to worry, though. I'm sure the folks that invert the x-axis are still smart enough to figure out how to read a list of games.

As for your second contribution, the Xim converter, I thank you for the link. Unfortunately, after reading several pages of the products' descriptions, I don't feel as though I'm the proper demographic for the products offered. That's not to say that the products aren't valuable, either. Quite the contrary, really. It serves a definite purpose and I'm sure many mouse and keyboard/PC-to-console users appreciate it. Again, I still thank you, nonetheless.

I can assure you that I have been searching for alternative methods to cope with this issue.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    It serves a definite purpose and I'm sure many mouse and keyboard/PC-to-console users appreciate it. Again, I still thank you, nonetheless.

I can assure you that I have been searching for alternative methods to cope with this issue.
    Ignore the fact that it's primarily intended as a kb+m device, it can also be used to remap joysticks / gamepads buttons and sticks. As I mentioned, I use the Xim3 half the time simply as an input for a 360 controller.

You can contact the Xim creator OBsIV or one of the forum Mods mist4fun (he creates most of the PS3 configs) to see if it supports X-axis remapping on a DualShock. I can see rebind settings on the devices for Left Stick and Right Stick, but haven't tested the effect. They'll give you a definitive answer.