Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

System Update 4.50 launches today

This is a discussion on System Update 4.50 launches today within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Check out some of the new enhancements you’ll find when you update your PS3 to version 4.50: Auto download of ...

Drunken Nights

System Update 4.50 launches today

Check out some of the new enhancements you’ll find when you update your PS3 to version 4.50:

• Auto download of system software updates has been expanded to support all PSN users.
    • Auto download support of purchases made on the Web Store will be made available to all PSN users.
    • New options for trophy privacy settings allow users to set which trophies are visible.
    • Data can now be transferred from PS3 to PS Vita using wi-fi and ethernet connection.

PS3 system software update v.4.50 launches this week €“ PlayStation.Blog.Europe

PRO Member

Thx 4 updating nice update we r getting

Plats-O'-War!!

So, everyone now can hide whichever trophies they never wanted to see? I'm sure this will please the masses of people.

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So, everyone now can hide whichever trophies they never wanted to see? I'm sure this will please the masses of people.
    Yup. Now everyone can have a doctored list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Well, you know, some 100%-platinum trophy hunters will feel embarrass themselves if they can't plat some games like Madden 10, Army of Two: 40th Day, and Ghostbusters: the Video Game. They hide unobtainable trophies and they don't want anybody are looking and jeering to them.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Well, you know, some 100%-platinum trophy hunters will feel embarrass themselves if they can't plat some games like Madden 10, Army of Two: 40th Day, and Ghostbusters: the Video Game. They hide unobtainable trophies and they don't want anybody are looking and jeering to them.
    Understandable, but if they didn't want that, then they should've played them at all. Not being an ass, but just saying.

Bringing the PAIN

Looks like they used PS+ as a beta test for PS4 functions... Now everyone gets these functions.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Looks like they used PS+ as a beta test for PS4 functions... Now everyone gets these functions.
    I am so excited for this firmware update. I have been asking Sony for years, through emails and such for the ability to hide delete trophies. I have so many games with 0% or that just plainly were not good games that I got a couple trophies on that I always wanted to hide. I have all but retired from hunting, for numerous reasons, being too busy, etc, but now that I am able to organize my list, I may just go after that Infinite Platinum.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    [*]New options for trophy privacy settings allow users to set which trophies are visible. [/LIST]
    It's actually surprising that this has taken so long. No one should have a window in to what games you play unless you want them to, just as no one should have a list of all the software you use on your PC unless you want them to.

I'll be using it to clean up my own list, for my own purposes. Also, how will this feature affect this website's logging? Like say I hide a trophy on my PSN profile, will my PS3T profile reflect this, or will this feature need to be added?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Banned

I'm very interested about the news to hide trophies. I probably won't use it but, I'm curious as to how it will work.

I'm sure many people will be happy now that they can hide their 0%'s.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    It's actually surprising that this has taken so long. No one should have a window in to what games you play unless you want them to, just as no one should have a list of all the software you use on your PC unless you want them to.

I'll be using it to clean up my own list, for my own purposes. Also, how will this feature affect this website's logging? Like say I hide a trophy on my PSN profile, will my PS3T profile reflect this, or will this feature need to be added?
    As of now I believe our site hides them. Some places (whom I can't name) are able to show the fact you have hidden trophies. Maybe we will get that function but don't have any notice as of now.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wonder how many are going to hide their Hannah Montana Plats. Im sure there will be many. Me, Ill probably just hide the 0%. Hell I like seeing what trophies others have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    I wonder how many are going to hide their Hannah Montana Plats. Im sure there will be many. Me, Ill probably just hide the 0%. Hell I like seeing what trophies others have.
    Hahaha that reminds me of when I plat that game, I can't comment on my profile for plat like "Hannah Montana Plat!", I commented it, "*hide my new platinum*" then some of my gamer girl friends found out of that and they went like, "Oh Really??? Oh, Really?!" and "Abel, you plat Hannah Montana!? You look like you in love with that girl". lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    I platinumed Ghostbusters. No one ever do it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The trophy hiding feature has been live for Vita users for a while now but I'm glad it finally made its way to the PS3 for everyone else. As I stated in the thread announcing it for the Vita, I think it's a great thing for people to hide the trophies they want to hide. Think of it like a trophy case for everyone to see. You wouldn't put your brown ribbon for 5th place in a trophy case would you? No. You wanna show off your favorite trophies for all to see, not your failures. I do feel for the Perfect Plat streak people though because they really earned it and now it will be difficult for people to tell the difference.

Lvl 7 - Gold

ill just hide the 0 percent ones

illegal in 9 countries

Hiding trophies has been available on the Vita for a couple of months now. I've used it to hide my "0% and will never play again" games over at Sly's site.

For it to be implemented on a trophy site, the code needs to be updated to pull the PSN data correctly, which is likely the reason why we can't update our trophies here. Otherwise, the full trophy list and trophy count remains visible. That was certainly the case when the Vita update worked at PSN Profiles but not here.

Sly's implementation of this is really good - it updates the trophy count to remove hidden trophies and displays an icon to tell how many trophies a user has hidden, so there's still an incentive to 100% games legitimately or be suspected of trophy hacking. This should appease the PPS crowd.

It's an honour system more than anything - I'd prefer to hide all of my 2-10% games, but it ends up being around 500 hidden trophies which makes my profile look dodgy, so I'll leave it as hiding just the 0% games.

We can also use this feature to essentially start again on PS4 while keeping the same PSN id. Hide all of your PS3 trophies and just show the PS4 ones to 'reset' your profile.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

updated, so how do u actually do it?

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

so I can hide trophies that I tried out and got 1 time then never bothered to pick the game back up cause it sucked .... this may make my profile look better since I not only could hide games that I don't own/play or games that ive yet to play this sounds cool

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    We can also use this feature to essentially start again on PS4 while keeping the same PSN id. Hide all of your PS3 trophies and just show the PS4 ones to 'reset' your profile.

Oooh, you've probably just saved me from making a new account. Didn't think of that.
    I'm also with you on the 0% games, they'll be the only ones I'll be hiding... which I think is only PAIN actually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast