Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Monetary value for trophies on the ps4?

This is a discussion on Monetary value for trophies on the ps4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'd like to see tangible rewards - but cash/discounts? No thanks. You're basically asking them to pay you to do ...

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I'd like to see tangible rewards - but cash/discounts? No thanks. You're basically asking them to pay you to do nothing. Not to mention Sony's lax stance on hackers already [Did we forget it was a hacker that was picked for one of the prizes in that auction, early on?]

Yeah, they didn't let him win - but they still haven't really done anything to discourage hacking, at all. And that's AFTER someone almost got something for it.

No, what would be better to give out is things like avatars, or themes - maybe special in-game items [IE: A really powerful sword or something for earning the platinum, to use in the single player.] Things that don't really matter outside of that person's account, and won't interfere with someone else playing legitimately.

Attaching a monetary value to them gets into some gray area that's best left untreaded. Giving out little rewards like avatars is a bit easier, and would cause far less trouble [IE: People wouldn't really care that XxQuikScopdUxX420BlazIt hacked and got a new avatar...they'd care that he hacked, and got any kind of money for it, though.].

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I'd like to see tangible rewards - but cash/discounts? No thanks. You're basically asking them to pay you to do nothing. Not to mention Sony's lax stance on hackers already [Did we forget it was a hacker that was picked for one of the prizes in that auction, early on?]

Yeah, they didn't let him win - but they still haven't really done anything to discourage hacking, at all. And that's AFTER someone almost got something for it.

No, what would be better to give out is things like avatars, or themes - maybe special in-game items [IE: A really powerful sword or something for earning the platinum, to use in the single player.] Things that don't really matter outside of that person's account, and won't interfere with someone else playing legitimately.

Attaching a monetary value to them gets into some gray area that's best left untreaded. Giving out little rewards like avatars is a bit easier, and would cause far less trouble [IE: People wouldn't really care that XxQuikScopdUxX420BlazIt hacked and got a new avatar...they'd care that he hacked, and got any kind of money for it, though.].
    This sounds a lot more plausible to me, however.. I most likely do not want their free avatar or theme (pretty sure my ps3 theme is the basic one still, but i dont even know for sure) and stuff for the game after i earned the plat most of the time has little use to me.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

has anybody bothered to mention that you get discounts from being a ps plus member already
    and you pretty much have to be one to fully utilize online gameplay on the ps4?

and besides this industry is a business not a charity so i have my highest doubts on the front lines
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12