Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monetary value for trophies on the ps4?

This is a discussion on Monetary value for trophies on the ps4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; With the PS4 quickly approaching us theres been heavy rumors that the trophies on the PS4 will have a monetary ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Monetary value for trophies on the ps4?

With the PS4 quickly approaching us theres been heavy rumors that the trophies on the PS4 will have a monetary value. For example:

Platinum: .75 - 1.00 discount coupon (depending on the game or difficulty)

Gold: .50 discount coupon

Silver: .25 discount coupon

Bronze: .10 discount coupon

maybe these coupons will be added to your account on the PS store after achieving the trophy.

What are your thoughts on this? could it be true? does anyone have any more info on this?

Breakfast and Chill

Bodigard would bankrupt Sony...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vettes View Post
    Bodigard would bankrupt Sony...
    forgot to state that if you hack or glitch to get the trophies, you will not get awarded the discounts for the trophies you have cheated to get.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by x10_inch_wonderx View Post
    forgot to state that if you hack or glitch to get the trophies, you will not get awarded the discounts for the trophies you have cheated to get.
    Exact loophole

Change is mediocre

Bodigard da trohpy hax0r

Bringing the PAIN

Forgot to mention you're fucking blind...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah it sounds nice but very unlikely in today's business world.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would love it if they did this. Trophies are really the only reason I play games.

The Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Synysturbed View Post
    I would love it if they did this. Trophies are really the only reason I play games.
    Yeah, I mean God forbid you actually play games for entertainment or that you like, let's just play games for achievements that do nothing but serve as a bragging right.
    This is my signature.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Lol that's just a silly idea. Trophies are your reward already.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Yeah, I mean God forbid you actually play games for entertainment or that you like, let's just play games for achievements that do nothing but serve as a bragging right.
    I'm kinda the same, getting the trophies means that I'm getting the most out of the game. I usually play a run through first without worrying about trophies so I can enjoy it thoroughly.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Lol that's just a silly idea. Trophies are your reward already.
    lol not my idea but ive just heard this rumor an enormous amount of times and i was wondering what everybody thought about the idea

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would like to see this feature, like with what Sony did auctioning off items from the Greatness Awaits program. It would be an addition incentive to earn trophies. It would certainly set them apart from Micro$oft.

illegal in 9 countries

I call bullshit.

Sony either lacks the knowledge or the will to deal with all trophy hackers. This program is subject to fraud on a massive scale unless they deal with the bigger problem.

Sounds great. Won't happen.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I call bullshit. [...] Sounds great. Won't happen.
    ^ This.

There's no way this would work, since timestamps can be altered to appear legit.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

There is absolutely no way Sony would ever let this happen. It would be moronic of them as a business to implement this. Between hackers, multiple accounts, game/account sharing, and the fact that outside parties get to decide the trophy requirements and quantity per game, this isn't something Sony would ever seriously consider.

They may hold a promotion here and there, but to lay out a flat coupon rate per trophy? Come on.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    There is absolutely no way Sony would ever let this happen. It would be moronic of them as a business to implement this. Between hackers, multiple accounts, game/account sharing, and the fact that outside parties get to decide the trophy requirements and quantity per game, this isn't something Sony would ever seriously consider.

They may hold a promotion here and there, but to lay out a flat coupon rate per trophy? Come on.
    While I agree with you that this would be a horrible business move and Sony would be crazy to do this, I just wanted to point out that while the devs/pubs do make their own trophy lists, there's a pretty strict standard of right around 1200 PSN points for a full trophy list (usually exactly 1230 with a plat, sometimes 1215 or 1250.) So if they did do something like this, the total value of the discounts would come out to be about the same for every game, cause it'd basically be a "cent" version of trophy points. I still highly doubt it would happen, because you'd get back 7-8 bucks per game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That would be great, not much discount for me though

Thank you DaRe <3

The One and Only

Tbh I'm not really in favor of that idea. I mean it sounds great and all, but that would just motivate trophy hackers to hack more and more. And we all know how Sony feels about hackers, right?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Banned

This is a decent business model and could very well be implemented into the future of console gaming.

The major issue is in the denominations of rewards. With each game having 40-60 trophies, the rewards would be ~$10 per completed game. Paying millions of people $10 per game would be foolish. There isn't enough product placement and micro transactions in the world to cover the potential losses.

It would have to be something closer to 0.01 for a bronze, 0.05 for a silver, 0.10 for a gold and 0.25 for a platinum. More likely even less for each like, 0.01, 0.025, 0.05 and 0.10, respectively.

It would be like buying God of War for $69.99 and after finishing the game, you would get an $0.80 voucher in PS store credit. That makes much more "cents" to me. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast