Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony does not care about customers

This is a discussion on Sony does not care about customers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The co-op content is not $10. It's around $7. If like several people here are saying, Sony offered to refund ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

The co-op content is not $10. It's around $7. If like several people here are saying, Sony offered to refund the "Online Pass", then you bought the wrong thing, and that's your fault. The online pass doesn't unlock the co-op from the PS+ version of the game. It unlocks full online access (MP and co-op) in the retail and full digital versions. That is totally on you, not Sony.
    If they gave you the refund, despite you saying that's not what you wanted, then go buy the correct content, get your trophy, and be happy. If they didn't, then call them back and explain your problem again and take the refund when they offer it. THEN, go buy the correct content, get your trophy, and be happy.

Just because they wouldn't give you something you didn't pay for doesn't mean they don't care about their customers. And just because the two people you talked to weren't willing to give you content you didn't pay for, doesn't mean that Sony, as an ENTIRE COMPANY, doesn't care about their customers. Blatant example of entitlement right here...

You're not feeling love here, because this is a lot of

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would tend to agree with the view of the writer that Sony really don't care about their customers mainly for similar reason's for azaria's posting above. I have 3 PS3 consoles of which one had a 640Gb drive installed and the other 2 the regular 120Gb drive. The larger PS3 was bricked by the 4.45 Firmware update which was eventually pulled, and this resulted in everyone in the family losing their progress in so many games since backing up the console became impossible due to taking over 24hrs for abckup as we had over 600Gb data to backup. The one and only time we needed to restore the console from the last backup that had worked failed, so no backups no recovery. Before anyone goes down the path of save your gamesaves people, there are quite few games that still sport protected save files so not everything can be backed up to USB.
    When I contacted Sony Support, they said to wait for the fix, but the fix firmware 4.46 did not fix the PS3, it remained bricked. On an off chance I purchased another hard drive and replaced the existing drive to try and recover all of the earlier data which had been bricked. The console fired up as normal with the new drive, so the firmware had really only bricked the drive not the console. I contacted Sony supoort again to request that they now try to recover the data from the original hard drive or else pay the cost of the new hard drive purchased to replace the bricked drive. That was when the games began with support, I accepted that they could not recover the data because it was uniquely encrypted, but then they refused to pay for the new hard drive also, instead they tried to blame the hard drive that it must have contained corrupted data and that was why it had been bricked by the 4.45 firmware. When I explained to them that the PS3 had not so much as locked up even once since it had been purchased so how could it possibly have any corrupted data on it they just said no, sorry we can't help you.
    Now after taking on the latest firmware 4.50 without any problems from any of the 3 PS3's and knowing that since installing their free game nfs Most Wanted which locks up nearly every time it is played resulting in the File system having to be rebuilt (at last count over 40 times now), if this has not created any corrupted data on the console then I can't see how their previous argument can stand up. Especially if you are to review the PSN website for the system Firmware archive which does not even list the 4.45 firmware as ever having existed. That's what I call crappy Customer support, to deny that their products cause a problem and then refuse to fix it or to even repay you for the problems caused.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Why do the posters in agreement with the OP all write in walls of type? That's the real story here.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I guess it's for the opposite reason that trolls write single sentences that are off topic.
    There is a point to be made which takes more than a single sentence.
    The real story is that Sony don't care.
    @ Larry .... don't mean to get into it with you, but I did mention that that Console backup takes over 24 hours, and guess what the Restore function doesn't work either, if the console happened to contain any protected saves or DRM material, in most cases the Restore starts but fails at some different percentage.
    The reason the drive is changed also is Sony's rdiculous attempt at stopping piracy by imposing the 2 activated console limit. We have 3 consoles because of 3 different kids who play different games on each console. Needed one large drive to hold DLC since 120Gb drive PS3's are all full.
    Last edited by Codeman5700; 10-04-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: another thought

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman5700 View Post
    I guess it's for the opposite reason that trolls write single sentences that are off topic.
    There is a point to be made which takes more than a single sentence.
    The real story is that Sony don't care.
    Go on then you cheeky scamp, i'll bite.

If you change something about your console, you are giving the company every excuse to blame that change if something goes wrong. You have three consoles, with that much data, you should have backed up the most important stuff at intervals, you had that option to back up your data, you didn't, not nice when it happens, been there, but that's on you as much as them.

They have no reason to believe your drive caused the problem but then they have no reason to blame the firmware either. Stalemate. They could do nowt else fella.

I hope that quells your worries about my off-topic post and single sentence use.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm just amazed at the amount of people who read all that

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

дурак

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Get you 10$buck back and RENT the freaking game !!!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman5700 View Post
    Before anyone goes down the path of save your gamesaves people, there are quite few games that still sport protected save files so not everything can be backed up to USB.
    PS+. That is all.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo_Theo View Post
    OK, not feeling the love here from you guys. I'm a crybaby? OK, I guess it may seem that way to someone who doesn't care about getting trophies, but I spent a hell of a lot of hours doing every last trophy, only to be told I would have to pay $9.99 for co-op in order to get the last one. And that's not my complaint. I was willing to pay the 10 bucks, and did... happily. But now I'm being told co-op is only compatible with the full paid version of the game. The game ..in the menu itself... has "Co-op", and when you select it, it tells you "This feature must be purchased and downloaded". That's the exact wording. "This Feature" ...not... "This full game must be purchased". So I purchased it. So they're clearly the ones in the wrong here, not me. And they could easily fix this by giving me a code to download the game that will actually work with the co-op I purchased, or a credit to do so, or something like that. If they were customer friendly, then they'd do something like that, when they're in the wrong. That's my point. And by the way ... I don't consider this to have been a "FREE GAME", since I pay through the nose for Playstation Plus, and the games they offer "free" are one of the membership benefits (and the vast majority of their 'free' offerings are mini-game junk. Great games like Uncharted 3 are rare offerings).
    You should really look into who you're arguing with before you talk about "Some people like to earn every trophy" as it seems you didn't even glance at my list before spouting you mouth off. I am a member of this little thing called, "PPS" as in we earn every platinum to every game we ever play? As stated above me, you purchased the online pass. You likely should do more research into what you buy before just throwing your wallet at things. Please feel free to continue whining to people who will do nothing but tell you that the fact they wanted to give you money back for your bad decision is amazing. We will keep it up.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Why do the posters in agreement with the OP all write in walls of type? That's the real story here.

Both have under 5 posts, willing to bet it's same IP too...

My system bricked with the last firmware as well (you can find my rant about it on this site if you look through my posts) but bad customer service? I've never had a problem with them.

When my system bricked, as soon as I saw it not get past the start up screen and that I could get to the safety reboot, I turned my system off and waited. My guess is that you guys called Sony (which those guys who answer are the lowest on the ladder) and they (having to read a small list of options) told you to reformat. Thus bricking further. That was on them, yes. As for compensation, you had to just merely ask to speak to a manager and (if you were as polite as you claim) they would have worked something out. My friend got his bricked fixed, free. Why? He wasn't an asshole. I got a free year of Plus because of my system being bricked. Again, why? I wasn't an asshole.

I'm willing to bet OP (and possibly himself as the second wall of text poster here) were being dicks to the CS. You will never hear about that end of the story.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    You should really look into who you're arguing with before you talk about "Some people like to earn every trophy" as it seems you didn't even glance at my list before spouting you mouth off. I am a member of this little thing called, "PPS" as in we earn every platinum to every game we ever play? As stated above me, you purchased the online pass. You likely should do more research into what you buy before just throwing your wallet at things. Please feel free to continue whining to people who will do nothing but tell you that the fact they wanted to give you money back for your bad decision is amazing. We will keep it up.
    Well stated!!!!

my suggestion is, go to gamestop, get the game used, go home, buy the code again, play the coop, get your platinum, go to gamestop and return it...you have no idea how many times i have done this to get trophies for games i dont own anymore and that i played before i cared about trophies at all.

Sony has not shown to me once that they dont care and i have contacted them....look at what they did with the PS4...NO DRM!!!!! while XBox One pretty much screwed everybody up with their dictatorship that gladly they changed for the XBox lovers...not me though...i do like my Playstation

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    My system bricked with the last firmware as well (you can find my rant about it on this site if you look through my posts) but bad customer service? I've never had a problem with them.

When my system bricked, as soon as I saw it not get past the start up screen and that I could get to the safety reboot, I turned my system off and waited. My guess is that you guys called Sony (which those guys who answer are the lowest on the ladder) and they (having to read a small list of options) told you to reformat. Thus bricking further. That was on them, yes. As for compensation, you had to just merely ask to speak to a manager and (if you were as polite as you claim) they would have worked something out. My friend got his bricked fixed, free. Why? He wasn't an asshole. I got a free year of Plus because of my system being bricked. Again, why? I wasn't an asshole.

I'm willing to bet OP (and possibly himself as the second wall of text poster here) were being dicks to the CS. You will never hear about that end of the story.
    Funny thing is... I had my account hacked and tried to get it back. The dude on livechat told me there was no option but to make a new account. I was like, "yeah you're not helping me, can you get me someone above you please?" In short, the new guy helped me change my login info and everything and after only about 30mins I had my account back. Sometimes a supervisor is all you gotta ask for over there.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Alright, that's enough, they provided good customer service by offering you a refund for something they have no control over thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12