Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony does not care about customers

This is a discussion on Sony does not care about customers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've been posting my story on every forum I can find under the sun. When a company wrongs you, that's ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sony does not care about customers

I've been posting my story on every forum I can find under the sun. When a company wrongs you, that's your only recourse really ... get the word out, all over the internet. Be a voice. I'm convinced, Sony doesn't care about customers at all. Here's my tale ...

I feel compelled to share this story, for others to read .... *** SONY DOES -NOT- CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS *** OK, so, I've been a fan of Sony and Playstation for years, and given them thousands of dollars of my money. I've bought (new) multiple systems, PS1, PS2 (twice), PSP (three times), PS Vita, PS3 (twice), and hundreds of games and peripherals. Love my Playstation. I even subscribe to Playstation Plus, which is $75.00 / year, which gives me a couple of free games .. sometimes even games I'm interested in playing. One of those games is Uncharted 3. Great game. Love it. Playstation Plus members were given the full game, essentially .. both Single and Multiplayer (they conveniently didn't mention that it did not include Co-Op play). I played the entire game, and got every last Trophy (achievement), except one .. which requires you to play a single match of Co-Op. The game has "Co-op" right there in the menu, but when I pressed it, it said "This content must be purchased and installed", for $9.99. So I must pay 10 bucks to get one last final trophy. I decided to do it. What can I say? I love getting Platinum on games (an indication you earned every trophy / achievement). I paid the 10 bucks, downloaded it, and tried to play, but got the same message "This content must be purchased and installed". I tried everything. Restarted the game, re-downloaded the content .. three times ... re-installed it, rebooted the PS3, deleted and re-installed the game data .. you name it, I tried it. Then I finally contacted Sony's customer service for help, through a web chat ... a 45 minute chat, in which they offered no solution except a refund of the 10 dollars. I don't want a refund, I told them. I want to play the co-op, so that I can get that final trophy. I want a solution that enables me to do that. I got repetition .. literally he copied and pasted his answer a few times, telling me there was no other solution, except me purchasing the entire 'full' version of the game (I think it's $40.00). He said the co-op content is not compatible with the 'free' version of the game. It's only compatible with the full 'paid' version of the game. But this isn't stated anywhere in the game, or in the online store. I've read the fine print. It ain't there. In fact, the game itself HAS CO-OP there in the menu, implying clearly that it is there, as long as you buy it .. it tells you in-game, when you click co-op, to buy the co-op for $9.99, and that's what I did. Now I just want to play it. If they are correct that this co-op content is NOT compatible with the free version of the game, then it shouldn't be there, in the game, telling you to buy it for $9.99. The programmers screwed up. Sony screwed up. And when a company screws up, there's always a fix. All they need to do is give me the 'paid' version of the game, so that the co-op they sold me will work. It's not as if they'd be giving me anything new, except the ability to play this add-on content they sold me, yet they refuse to find any way to do that. All they'd have to do is give me a code to download that game, or a store credit with which to buy it, but they continued to tell me "I can't do that and there's no one that can do that". No one at the entire company who has the ability to do that. Yeah right. This web chat person ended up disconnecting me, even though I remained polite with him. Then I called Customer Service and got the same run around from them, telling me there is no one at the company that can do anything except refund it. I don't want a refund. I want to be able to play what I bought .. what they sold me ... and of course they can easily do that for me, any number of ways. They just refuse to. Thank you Sony. You guy's are wonderful. Very customer-friendly (sarcasm there, in case you didn't catch it). Jerks. Seriously. Nice guys probably (very polite), but paid to be jerks .. heck with the customer .. don't bend, don't give them anything, even if Sony is wrong and the customer has a valid point, heck with them, make them go away .. give them a refund and make them go away. Jerks.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

....and you're butthurt over such a tiny issue? Really?

You think Sony doesn't care about it's customers? Then never try XBL. Or Apple. Or Microsoft.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I feel like this was taken way out of hand. It sucks that you can't use the feature on the game you got, but it was a free game. I would've just taken the refund. I've seen a retail copy at GameStop for $10, albeit used, but still just for one trophy? That's the same price as the online pass you bought.

Threat

They offered you a refund. If there's no solution then there's no solution.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

Lol, offering a refund for a product that you claim doesn't work is "not caring about customers"

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Bringing the PAIN

This sounds like a case of

They offered to REFUND you. How often has anyone gotten that response from a company? Like stated above, there are copies of the game for less than that in some places. Feel free to pick it up and play to your hearts content. They coulda told you to go fuck yourself. Then they would not care.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you should be grateful they at least offered you a refund. i pre-ordered a game and season pass just a few days befofe sony's spend $50 get $10 back sale, not knowing that id be paying full price then. i told the representatives that there were no faqs or anything on their site (at least on the us side) that explained that scenario of pre-ordering items via ps store, so i learned the hard way, and the only thing they threw at me was "you should've read the terms of service agreement".

I make lego out of you!

man you got offered a fucking refund for god sake! lol
    Making plat cards

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My point

OK, not feeling the love here from you guys. I'm a crybaby? OK, I guess it may seem that way to someone who doesn't care about getting trophies, but I spent a hell of a lot of hours doing every last trophy, only to be told I would have to pay $9.99 for co-op in order to get the last one. And that's not my complaint. I was willing to pay the 10 bucks, and did... happily. But now I'm being told co-op is only compatible with the full paid version of the game. The game ..in the menu itself... has "Co-op", and when you select it, it tells you "This feature must be purchased and downloaded". That's the exact wording. "This Feature" ...not... "This full game must be purchased". So I purchased it. So they're clearly the ones in the wrong here, not me. And they could easily fix this by giving me a code to download the game that will actually work with the co-op I purchased, or a credit to do so, or something like that. If they were customer friendly, then they'd do something like that, when they're in the wrong. That's my point. And by the way ... I don't consider this to have been a "FREE GAME", since I pay through the nose for Playstation Plus, and the games they offer "free" are one of the membership benefits (and the vast majority of their 'free' offerings are mini-game junk. Great games like Uncharted 3 are rare offerings).

Lvl 9 - Gold

They are caring for you.. giving you back the $10 and all. I've got a solution:

1. Wait for the price to drop of the physical copy
    2. Buy it and get that last trophy
    3. ?????
    4. PROFIT!
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It wasn't the full paid version.. It was only the single player campaign you get free. MP is partially free up to a point.

Change is mediocre

Thought this was spam.

Please be spam.

Chocobo Master

George Bush doesn't care about Sony people .
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Negator

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

It's not SONY's fault that the game has co-op in the menu and when you select it it tells you to even purchase the co-op for $9.99 that would be the developers of the game and that would be Naughty Dog Naughty Dog and they may have a solution for you and if it's a refund then at least be happy with that or seeing that you already bought the pass if there is someone you know that has the game then just pop in there copy and get the co-op trophy you need and voila a shiny new platinum.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Not sure if OP is Uber-Entitled knob or really shite Troll.

Local Drunk

They offered a refund (which they didn't have to), take it and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Not sure if OP is Uber-Entitled knob or really shite Troll.
    Lol probably both

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's kinda strange that you're blocked from getting that trophy. I can't believe there wasn't anything they could do to get it to work, but they are pretty complicated to deal with to be completely honest. My entire hard drive with over three years of save data got wiped and corrupted due to their crappy update that only really allowed me to disable trophies popping. And then their fix didn't work and they refused to take ANY responsibility for it, only offering to basically make me pay $100 and give me a free first-party title for them to end up wiping the HD anyways. They refused to take any responsibility. I then had to call/chat three separate times to get my SingStar DLC reactivated. They DO have poor customer service, but that doesn't mean the entity of Sony doesn't care about their customers, their customer service just sucks.

PRO Member

If Sony dont care bout it then here who care

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Everyone is now dumber for having read that post. I want, I want, I want. Take your refund and be happy or follow the helpful advice of the poster (Eddie and his underpants gnome reference) who said wait for the price drop. Also how about some paragraphs to make it more readable. On the plus side you did use punctuation unlike many long unreadable posts. Hyperbole is also the best way to be ignored, but I just had to see....
    [/URL]

Top 10 's
    Red Dead Redemption Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Dragon Age: Origins Demons Souls
    Grand Theft Auto IV God of War III Assassins Creed II Heavy Rain Tekken 6 Mafia II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast