PS3 Analog Sticks Being Slooooooooow

This is a discussion on PS3 Analog Sticks Being Slooooooooow within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So just recently, out of no where, the controller i got with the Uncharted Double Pack randomly started crapping out ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS3 Analog Sticks Being Slooooooooow

So just recently, out of no where, the controller i got with the Uncharted Double Pack randomly started crapping out on me. I started playing the Battlefield 4 Beta and when i went to turn my soldier, it took forever to turn. i was turning about a degree every 4 seconds. so i switched controllers to the controller that came with my PS3, wondering what the hell was going on, and that one worked like normal with no problems. my friend says that there might be dust inside the controller thats blocking the analog sticks from functioning like normal, and that i have to take apart the control and clean it, but that seems a bit extreme, idk. has anyone else had this problem?

Lvl 8 - Gold

anyone at all. dont be shy, a simple 'no' will suffice. 20000 users on this site, no responses whatsoever......................

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    anyone at all. dont be shy, a simple 'no' will suffice. 20000 users on this site, no responses whatsoever......................
    no.........

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by JasperGuitar View Post
    no.........
    Thank you for being an absolutely useless piece of shit. Now go fuck off somewhere else.

@jaws-ate: It would helpful to know how long you've been using the controller. You CAN take it apart if you so desire and look, and considering you already have another controller that's good to go, you don't have much to lose. But I could personally never open my controller up and put it back together, because it never worked the same after. But that's just me, and I'm an imbecile, so yeah.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Lvl 8 - Gold

i got the controller in the Uncharted Double Pack comboback in March of 2012, but its not the controller thats covered under the extended warranty i purchased when i purchased the PS3 in January 2012

illegal in 9 countries

Is it a genuine Sony DualShock?
    What happens when you connect it via USB wire?

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 8 - Gold

yep, genuine Sony Dualshock 3 Sixaxis controller. and i havent tried the usb connection while playing. ill give it a go

Lvl 8 - Gold

That's cause the PS3 controller sucks. No offence but how do you build a controller and apply NO pressure to the analogs?

Who am I to say, I'd take m+k any day. Hopefully m+k are acceptable in the PS4.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Is it a genuine Sony DualShock?
    What happens when you connect it via USB wire?
    the usb connection makes no difference. tried turning the controller on then connecting it, and then tried connecting it then turning the controller on. same result as before. good idea though

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    No offence but how do you build a controller and apply NO pressure to the analogs?
    well i didnt build this controller, like i said it came with the Uncharted 1 & 2 Double Pack/Controller Combo from Best Buy. and im using the sticks like i normally would, clicking em in and pushing them to the sides, but it just goes real slow, however the sticks feel fine.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

its rare your problem happens . I dont Care What Anyone Says The DualShock 3 Is Currently The Best Control For Quality and Endurance
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    So just recently, out of no where, the controller i got with the Uncharted Double Pack randomly started crapping out on me. I started playing the Battlefield 4 Beta and when i went to turn my soldier, it took forever to turn. i was turning about a degree every 4 seconds. so i switched controllers to the controller that came with my PS3, wondering what the hell was going on, and that one worked like normal with no problems. my friend says that there might be dust inside the controller thats blocking the analog sticks from functioning like normal, and that i have to take apart the control and clean it, but that seems a bit extreme, idk. has anyone else had this problem?

I just had the same problem today while trying to play BF4, and my fix was open the controller and clean the circuit membrane under the pcm board, probably it was just dirt.

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinx7 View Post
    I just had the same problem today while trying to play BF4, and my fix was open the controller and clean the circuit membrane under the pcm board, probably it was just dirt.
    You could have tried resetting the controller first, that little button where you need a pin to press it on the back. No one mentioned that as a fix.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They can be slow depending on the game.