Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

List of PS3 Games With Unachievable Platinums

This is a discussion on List of PS3 Games With Unachievable Platinums within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Have you thought about appending a 'Critically Endangered' list at the end of your Unachievable Platinums list? Something that would ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Have you thought about appending a 'Critically Endangered' list at the end of your Unachievable Platinums list? Something that would let players know that if they start one of these games, there's a good chance the server could be shut down soon, or that one of the trophies has been having serious issues. Just a thought, great idea though with your post...I almost got the Buzz games.

The Girl Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Great Job Mimi! Glad I got Ghostbusters done long ago. It's my rarest plat and just becomes more so every time someone fires it up.
    Lol, I know how you feel. I'm glad that I got MLB 12: The Show done before the servers shut down. I hope everyone fires up that game to make it rare.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWeapon View Post
    Have you thought about appending a 'Critically Endangered' list at the end of your Unachievable Platinums list? Something that would let players know that if they start one of these games, there's a good chance the server could be shut down soon, or that one of the trophies has been having serious issues. Just a thought, great idea though with your post...I almost got the Buzz games.
    I was thinking about that. Might add it to this list as soon as I can.

The Playboy Wikipedia

You can add NHL 12 to this list as well, as the servers would be closed, thanks to NHL 14 now being available. Once NHL 15 comes out, NHL 13's serves will be closed also.

Thanks for letting me know that the WWE All Stars servers have closed. Now I'm not gonna bother trying to get that game.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

The Girl Gamer

I added an "Endangered Platinum Trophies" list. The list are PS3 games that may close their online servers very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    You can add NHL 12 to this list as well, as the servers would be closed, thanks to NHL 14 now being available. Once NHL 15 comes out, NHL 13's serves will be closed also.

Thanks for letting me know that the WWE All Stars servers have closed. Now I'm not gonna bother trying to get that game.
    Added NHL 12 to the "Endangered" list.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the list ... looks like i can't get the M.Pacific Rift plat ... how pissed are people gonna be if some of these games pop-up on Instant Game Collection?
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ah all these sport games even NBA 2k13.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

I feel vindicated in not playing sports games now

Lvl 6 - Silver

i don't know what amazes me more the fact that u made this thread all by yourself or that you are a Hardcore Girl Gamer . Thank you for your effort and time to post this up i myself always wanted to play Ghost Busters, heard it was a great game

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Thanks for this list
    Also, Buzz: TV World's platinum is not unachieveable. I believe it's possible to glitch some of the trophies and there's a chance all the online ones will unlock. Rare, but possible.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Aw, I'm so disappointed the Ghostbusters servers are closed. I guess it's my fault for putting it aside and not coming back to it promptly enough, but I was hoping to plat it eventually since a) it's a really good game, and b) in my trophy list it's breaking up a decent row of 100% plats. Now it's going to be like that permanently and annoy me because I'm OCD, lol.

Anyway, really nice list here! Love the formatting too. Bookmarked it for future reference.

Video Game High School

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

I believe Mercenaries 2 should get an honorable mention here. If you didn't accept the terms of service for online play before a certain date, not sure of the cutoff, the game now freezes when it tries to connect to the server. It's said that you can get around this by using a game from 2008 with online play and accepting the terms there, but they have all been shut down except for Need for Speed Carbon.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Are they shutting down the servers in SOCOM confrontation? As that game is online only, the disc is pretty much useless.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hate unachievable platinums

The Girl Gamer

Update: WWE '12 online servers has officially been closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    Are they shutting down the servers in SOCOM confrontation? As that game is online only, the disc is pretty much useless.
    Yes, they are shutting down the servers in January and the disc will become useless.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Unless you already have the mp trophies for Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising servers are closed

It is time for me to go underground

Retired...

Does anyone knows if the online servers are still up and running for WipEout HD? I'm thinking of playing it from digital version, but if the online's done for, then I'm not wasting time on it.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nice job on this great list!
    Hope you/we can keep it up to date.

Too bad about those BUZZ-servers...figured i would get to that some day...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Does anyone knows if the online servers are still up and running for WipEout HD? I'm thinking of playing it from digital version, but if the online's done for, then I'm not wasting time on it.
    It's still up as of last week. I need to get Bling Brigade out of the way at some point.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

NBA Elite 11.

Lvl 4 - Silver

if I was in charge i would have released a patch that grants players all the online trophies if i decide to shut down the servers. but apparently no one is that generous.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast