So what do you like about collector's edition of a game you're excited for? What don't you like? Obviously try to be more specific than the price and supply
- I enjoy supporting a company and series that I'm interested in.
- I enjoy the exclusive in-game items that add something to the game, yet don't feel like they're necessary to the core experience.
- I enjoy the useful real life items, like Cole's backpack from Infamous 2, which I still have and use nearly everyday (it's even weirder that I have a shaved head and ride my bicycle everywhere...even though Cole isn't a bike courier anymore haha).
- I like getting copies of the soundtrack, incase it turns out to be decent, yet prefer copies that aren't restricted to the PS3 download only.
- I'm mostly indifferent to art books. They can be beautiful, yet they just usually end up in my recycling bin, or in a box somewhere, depending how 'into them' I am. I prefer if they do come, they come as a bound hardcover book, and not individual slides.
- I admire unique packaging, like when all the goodies come in something more than just a box. Like Uncharted 3's things came in a reusable chest, Borderland's 2 items came in a reusable loot chest modelled from the in-game one, etc.
Beyond that, I get sort of annoyed by the other things typically included in collector's editions.
- I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to owning physical items, so statues really turn me off from investing in a CE. I don't need more useless shit to collect dust on a shelf...haha...and I get annoyed that they're the 'go-to-item' in most CE's.
- I've never once referred to a printed copy of an in-game map. They should at least make it useful and add collectible markers to it. At least the cloth ones you can turn into a rag or something haha.
- Silly trinkets that will likely be tossed in a week or so...like Dead Space 2's replica gun. If it was made from metal, and not plastic, it would be a different story, yet that thing was a joke.
So what do you like seeing, or not seeing in CE's?