Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Biggest surprise and biggest letdown

This is a discussion on Biggest surprise and biggest letdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think I am the opposite of people here, I kept hearing how much FF13 sucked etc. and I ended ...

Resident PHD

I think I am the opposite of people here, I kept hearing how much FF13 sucked etc. and I ended up loving it (not treasure hunter but everything else) It is my 5th favourite FF after 6,5,4 and 7.

Disappointment would be Playstation Move Heroes. Now I didn't have to pay for it so I shouldn't complain but I had such high hopes for this game until I saw this "developed by Nihilistic Software" that shot all enthusiasm for this game for me. This game should have been classic but instead we got...well we got Playstation Move Heroes.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

-i- love myself.

Biggest Surprise: Dead Space 2

Biggest Letdown: Brink

Iron Maiden

The biggest surprise for me was Fallout 3. I only bought it because a friend of mine was stuck on it for months and couldn't get the platinum (or whatever the xbox equivalent is). I said I'd give it a shot, being a competitive b!tch, and got the platinum. It's an amazing game. I had many happy hours playing it.

The biggest let down was probably Bayonetta. I bought it shortly after it was released, after hearing people singing its praises. Absolute waste of money.

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    letdown is easy, Fallout 3, i researched it and yet turned out nothing like the game i imagined, could be my vivid imagination though so as a backup i will say Far Cry 2, it made me want to go back and play Fallout 3, i found it a mess.
    I hate that so much with upcoming games! I did so much research on Black Ops, I knew everything you could know and it was a huge letdown. I remember putting it in the PS3 then jumping with joy and my thought was "Is is this it!? " when I opened up the MP.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 7 - Gold

The biggest surprises were 'Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom' and 'Nier'. I played the demo for Majin and knew I'd enjoy it, but I ended up loving it once I played it. I also fell in love with Nier. It was a bit rough around the edges, but its story was unique and captivating, the music was great, and the voice acting was superb.

The biggest letdown was 'Tom Raider Underworld'. I'm feeling drowsy just thinking about it. Man was it boring.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Biggest surprise was Twisted Metal returning
    Biggest let down well that tough it's either the new look DMC or catwomen being a dlc pack now when she was originally in the game..ripoffs!

Ghost Assassin

Biggest Surprise: Fallout 3 I heard a lot about it, but I didn't think much of it until I played it.
    Biggest Letdown: CoD Black Ops. It is the worst CoD game I have played so far. CoD 4 was awesome. [email protected] was great. MW2 was pretty fun. Black Ops was just horrible. Brink was also a letdown, but I didn't expect as much from it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Biggest surprise would be InFamous, got it for free from the welcome back package and didn't expect much from it but it was really enjoyable.

Biggest letdown I gues so far is FF 13 but I haven't given it much of a try (so far taking me too long to get into it).

Galaxy beauty pirate

Biggest surprise: Dirt 2.
    I really loved the game, the music etc. Didn't expect to like a racing game that much.

Biggest letdown: Oblivion and FF XIII.
    Didn't know what kind of game Oblivion was, but it turned out I didn't like it at all.

FF XIII I expected a lot from (always have hight expectations about FF games), but it didn't turned out that well. The game was ok, but nothing more. At the end I was really bored with it.
    Sig by Ramon

Platinum Dohvakiin

Biggest Surprise

Mirror's Edge I didn't exactly get it cheap. But a good friend of mine highly recommended it to me. Even though at first I was very skeptical about it. Turns out I had a blast playing it.

Bioshock I've put off playing Bioshock for years. I just never really appealed to me. For whatever reason. Then I finally picked it up. And I was very glad I did.

Biggest let down

Fallout 3 People bragged about how great it is. I bought it got about 25% of the way through it. And found it to be just completely boring as hell. Yes you can do whatever you want. Go wherever you want to go. But if the story isn't worth paying attention to. What's the real point?

BF:BC 2 As an FPS fan when a large number of people say it's great. I'll try it. But The campaign is forgettable to say the lest. And the mp I just found very limited. I use to love the Battle Field games. But BC2 just feels like a watered down version of those games, to me.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 7 - Gold

Biggest surprise: Mass effect 2. I dont like rpgs much. I got this game because it was hyped by all the 360 fanboys. This game was amazing

Biggest letdown: Uncharted 1. Played uncharted 2 before this and i loved this. When i played this i found it repetitive and boring.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Biggest Surprise: UMvC3 just because of Phoenix Wright
    Biggest Letdown: KOFXII i really didn't like this and i was hoping to like this cause i pretty much like all fighting games...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Biggest suprise: for me personally it was uncharted 1, i had thought about buying the game for a long time butalways found a reason not to. When i finally bought the game i got hooked on the story line. I have to say that it was pretty good graphic for game from 2007.
    also bought naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 being a fan of the anime and LOVED it Also got hooked on the MP even though there are a few spammers there

Biggest letdown has to be COD BO, found the MP to be really boring, didnt like it at all, and in contrary to the MW story line which i tought was good, this was just crap.
    Also tried littlebig planet have to say that im not a fan of that game, found it being a bit childish for my own taste even though i pushed myself toward the platinum
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Ice Cream Firefighter

Dead Rising 2: bought it not thinkin much bout nothin played it & damn those weapons kick ass
    GT5: nothin more 2 say I just cant stand it I will play any NFS anyday before this including the 1 on the 1st playstation where you could turn yourcar into a t-rex or a log lmao a log

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Biggest surprise for me is final fantasy XIII
    The biggest letdown would have to be tomb raider underworld and bioshock 2. I could not get into these

Regional Manager of War

Biggest Surprise - No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise

I fell in love with the game after a few hours of getting used to the combat, Im suprised I never picked this up when I owned a Wii. I hope they bring over the second game

Biggest Letdown - Dead Rising 2

At first I was liking it than the whole time limit thing kinda killed the whole game for me. I would have loved killing zombies for hours without having to worry about the time limit or constantly buying zombrex for that daughter of yours .

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Biggest Letdown: Killzone 3

I was so hyped about this game, even had the collectors edition pre-ordered. Now while it is still a decent game, it was nothing I thought it was going to be :/
    My only problem with Killzone 3, was that it was too short. If it were longer, it would have been better. I still like the game though.

For me, biggest surprise was Enslaved. I didn't think it looked that great. But I started to play it myself, and graphically, it's one of the best games I've ever played. However, it did have its flaws. The FPS could have been a little faster. That was my main beef with it.

Biggest letdown would probably have to be Street Fighter III: Online Edition. Can barely access online fights, and even on the easiest difficulty, it's hella hard in some levels.

I also agree with xero21. King of Fighters XII was a bad game. But then again, as a Street Fighter and Tekken fan, I wasn't expecting the game to be good. But man, they could have at least tried. Definitely one game I regret buying.

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Biggest Surprise - No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise

I fell in love with the game after a few hours of getting used to the combat, Im suprised I never picked this up when I owned a Wii. I hope they bring over the second game

Biggest Letdown - Dead Rising 2

At first I was liking it than the whole time limit thing kinda killed the whole game for me. I would have loved killing zombies for hours without having to worry about the time limit or constantly buying zombrex for that daughter of yours .
    You're going to love Dead Rising 2: Off The Record! It's redo of the game with Frank West from the original in along with more stuff in the game. I'm 99.999% sure that a 'sandbox' mode has been added in too! It's also only $40 with a new story!

I'm even thinking of getting it because I loved the game too, but the time limit fucking sucked.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Biggest surprise uncharted 2
    Biggest letdown need for speed hot pursuit
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Biggest letdowns: Nier, Star Ocean 4, FF13

Surprisingly good: Acceleration of Suguri, Condemned 2, Dynasty Warriors Gundam series

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast