Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Biggest surprise and biggest letdown

This is a discussion on Biggest surprise and biggest letdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Biggest Letdown: F.E.A.R. 3 Fuck Day 1 studios and the butchery of what made F.E.A.R. great and the lack of ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Biggest Letdown: F.E.A.R. 3

Fuck Day 1 studios and the butchery of what made F.E.A.R. great and the lack of support the game receives.

Biggest Surprise : Flower

My favorite game I've played since owning a PS3. Simple yet brilliant.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I Have a couple of new ones to add.

Biggest Surprises are the Cabela games (I don't know why but I just enjoy them).

Biggest disappointment would be the Splinter Cell HD Collection

PRO Member

Biggest surprise: Plants Vs Zombies - it was a free PSN+ download which is the only reason I downloaded it. Really did not expect to enjoy this game as much as a do...it's actually one of my favourite games. Simple and stupid fun.

Biggest let down: Gran Tourismo 5 - after close to a centurary of development (ok, slight exageration) you would expect a lot more than 1000 cars (with 800 of them ripped from the PS2 version) and a game structure that really hasn't changed much since the first Gran Tourismo.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Biggest Surprise: Alone in the Dark: Inferno. I only get it looking for a quick plat, but I ended up liking it a lot, despite the poor ratings it got. The same for Dark Void.

Biggest Disappointment: Assassin's Creed. I didn't exactly have high hopes for it, but I thought it would be fun. It wasn't. Probably because I played the PS3 version (which supposedly is the only one with the MAJOR framerate/lag issues), constant evasion from guards just because I ran, boring combat, this is among the worst games I've ever played. I probably won't ever play the sequels, no matter how much better people say they are.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

PRO Member

Biggest surprise - Costume Quest, I got hooked on that game. short, simple, fun.

Biggest letdown - Either Brutal Legend or Red Dead Redemption...leaning more towards Brutal Legend because when I played the demo(not previously knowing anything about the game) I originally thought it was a hack-and-slash type of game...once i got past the "demo" portion of the original game, I was extremely disappointed as it's an RTS that noise!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 8 - Gold

Biggest Surprise

Bayonetta > I thought it was a hyped up game because the main character looked like a whore, but turned out it was awesome. Love the soundtrack, the gameplay was awesome and reminded me of DMC.

inFAMOUS > I didn't really think this game would be good, but it honestly surprised me. Loved going around electricuting things lol.

Mirrors Edge > Awesome gameplay and released on a time where FPS were dominating the scene.

Biggest Letdowns

FF13 > I enjoy the game, though I haven't finished it yet. The graphics are good, but the story is somewhat flat. The linearity totally ruins the game for me. Only FF I played is 9 (got about 2 hours in) and FF10 (got some hours in, cant remember), but even if FF13 wasn't a FF game, it just isn't that good.

Huge Gaming Backlog

No surprises recently. The games that I have bought are series games so I knew they would be good. Except for one-
    Saints Row the Third.
    It looked like it was rushed and cheap. Spent a heap of hours on Saints 2 and loved it but this one just didn't do it for me.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

NSFW

Biggest surprise: Driver: San Fransisco, God damn, this game was a ton of fun, a bit short, but nice concepts well execution, plus the best story I have seen in a driving game EVER!!!! A part of the christmas deals on PSN, and it took me completely by surprise.

Biggest letdown: L.A. Noire... Man, I was hyped for this game, watching gameplay footage daily, got pissed over the fact, that I didn't get it for christmas and had to pay for it myself, and then I finally did.... I felt cheated out of a game, that could have a ton of potential. Instead I got the honor of doing the busy work, for any other detective game or any Point-and-click adventure game. I never pieced anything together, didn't draw my own conclusions, couldn't even match two clues together and make the game think:"You're right!!! They do chave a connection." I just drove around, found some clues, interrogated people based on a dumb gimmick, and then shot someone, before beginning driving again, while the game itself does all the fun and clues it together.... that is, if the cases weren't completely emptied for anything substantial to begin with. Except the last homicide case... That one was pretty fun. *End semi-rant*

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Biggest Surprise - I wasn't expecting the MW3 storymode to be so good. I never would have thought that Yuri knew Makarov and was fighting along with the members of Task Force 141 and Delta to end his madness. The team up was the best part of the game in my opinion

Biggest Letdown - I was expecting The Godfather 2 to have graphics like GTA IV and gameplay but the game itself seems like a PS2 game.

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

PRO Member

Biggest surprise mafia 2 never heard of it but i got for cheap and turned out to be a really great game

Biggest letdown black ops first cod game I bought and last one I ever will

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 4 - Silver

Biggest suprise: Batman: Arkham Asylum- I kept hearing amazing things about it, but I'm not a huge fan of Batman so I kept ignoring it. I finally decided to buy it when it got cheap and I just found it be amazing, the combat system is what drew me in the most. I liked it so much, I went out and bought Arkham City a few days later.

Biggest Letdown: Heavy Rain- I orginally thought it looked very cool, but after playing it for only about 2 hours I didn't care for it. I found the controls to be way too touchy for my taste (I spent about 5 minutes trying to take an item out of a fridge with no sucess.) and I returned it the next day. I have to say though if the controls were well "normal" I probably would've kept it because I thought the story itself was good.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

This game wasn't overly a big surprise. But, I wanted Kingdom's of Amalur and I finally got it. The only disappointing thing about this game is that the company went under and there might not be a sequel. The game so far is AWWWWWWWESOME and I am enjoying every part of it.

Biggest disappointment would be Batman Arkham City. All I heard from a lot of sources was that the graphics are awesome and to me they aren't and I'm huge on graphics. The flow of the game and story so far is just to bland. It's definitely worth playing in 3D though if you have a 3D TV. Just glad I only paid $19 dollars on Black Friday for it.

Harvester of Souls

Dragon's Dogma is my biggest surprise. I knew I'd like it.. but after it got closer to coming out.. starting doubting it a bit. BUT one of the most fun games I've played yet .

Biggest Letdown for now... Skyrim. Was really expecting more from it. Yeah kinda last year, but last disappointing game I got.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Up the Irons!

Biggest Surprise: Grand Theft Auto IV - I wasn't a fan of the GTA series (I enjoyed them, but I didn't consider myself a fan)

Biggest Letdown: Fight Night Round 4

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Surprise: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard: Surprisingly fun for Third Person Shooter, with humor that pokes at over twenty years of gaming

Letdown: Spider Man Edge of Time: After playing Shattered Dimensions, I thought it would be awesome to play as Amazing and 2099 Spiderman again...I was wrong.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Biggest surprise: Dead Space, Bulletstorm

Biggest Letdown: Duke Nukem, Resistance 3

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

O_o

Surprise - The Beatles: Rock Band

Letdown - FEAR 3

Lvl 7 - Gold

Biggest Surprise: Burnout Paradise

Letdown: Tekken 6

Ice Cream Firefighter

biggest surprise - Deus Ex HR

award - GTAIV

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I have some new additions.

Biggest surprise would be a game that has sat on my shelf for over a year and that game is Saints Row the Third. It's not the greatest in the genre but so far I'm enjoying it. The Hit the powder room mission has glitched on me but I'm having fun doing the side missions and challenges. Another game I enjoyed was the NCIS game I was definately surprised on the production value compared to the first.

Biggest letdown would have to be Legasista so far. I bought the game to get the 100 in October deal and I should have bought One Piece when it was on sale for the same price . Wish the game was more like Secret of Mana but it's just boring to me and a grind to level up and I don't like the fact that your gates can change into different gates. What's the point of even having gates.
    Last edited by MAXTHUNDER; 11-25-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast