Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Biggest surprise and biggest letdown

This is a discussion on Biggest surprise and biggest letdown within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I haven't posted on my thread for a while so I have my 2 latest entries. The good: Would be ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I haven't posted on my thread for a while so I have my 2 latest entries.

The good: Would be the first Infamous. I played the demo and didn't overly enjoy it but I found it at a deal I couldn't pass up a few years back and I played it for a little bit but wasn't too keen on beating it so it sat on my shelf for almost 3 years. Well I decided to continue playing it and so far I'm enjoying it.

The Bad: Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. I advise everybody to stay away from this game if you don't feel like restarting your game numerous times or make sure you backup your save file just incase it glitches. Game itself is gorgeous and kinda fun but the have to start over glitch "can" be a pain.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would hafta say a big letdown for me was home front, the mp was ok and the story was ok but the graphics were shit and all the hype just made me feel like it was going to b amazing, and it wasn't , maybe I should have done more research.

Biggest surprise was little big planet karting! I bought it for my gf cuz she thought it looked cool and I did used to love Mario kart so I said what the hell. It ended up being fun! Alot of user created levels different game modes I'm happy with it

Bob 'n' Becca

Soooooo disappointed by RDR. Bloody good game, honestly, but it couldn't work with my attention span. I'd be in the process of doing a mission, just galloping on my horse, and I'd see a rabbit... And I'd have to kill it.

I was surprised by Terminator Salvation. The game was pretty intense, and I just couldn't give up no matter how frustrating it got. I'm sure I'll think of more as time progresses.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I have two entries but only one is a new one.

Biggest surprise: White Knight Chronicles.

Biggest disappointment:

GTA IV. I know I've already added this before but I figured to at least beat the game before number 5 comes out later this year but for the life of me don't think I can bare playing this game to finish. It's just boring to me and I've been enjoying lots of open world sandbox games lately Saint Row the Third, Mafia II and Sleeping Dogs. I'll still get number 5 to add to my collection but probably will leave it sealed
    due to how boring number 4 is to me.

Mini Ninja

Biggest Surprise - XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I like SRPGs, and someone recommended this game kind of off-hand. Saw it for a bargain price on Amazon (less than $20) and decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. The gameplay is addictive, and putting together a custom, international squad of alien fraggers is so much fun.

Biggest Disappointment - Dragon Age II. The story and characters were nowhere near as deep as the original, but I enjoyed the faster gameplay and still liked the game overall. It just couldn't live up to its predecessor.

Banned

The biggest surprise was Assassin's Creed II. After the first game being so terribly boring and repetitive, I thought the next installment would only be similar or have minor upgrades. Turns out it was one of the best games I've ever played.

The biggest letdown was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. After hearing so many people say it was their favorite game and one of the best Playstation titles ever, I was intrigued. They boasted about amazing graphics and a superior storyline. I found the game to be rather mediocre in every aspect.
    Last edited by effdeegee; 08-16-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Negator

I have quite a few surprises, and some letdowns

Surprises
    Vanquish, Far Cry 3, The Darkness II, Bulletstorm, Singularity, Crash Commando, Splatterhouse, Pain

Letdowns
    Final Fantasy XIII, Kane & Lynch 2, Army of TWO: TFD, Resident Evil 5, Braid, Dark Souls, Duke Nukem Forever

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kid, not loser

Biggest Surprise- Shadows of the Damned. Amazing fun dark game. It was worth playing 3 times over for the plat. I even have considered importing it to plat it again in the past.

Biggest Letdown- AC:L. It was a good game, just the bugs and lack of an mp that was worth playing or even close to other AC mp games made me that much more disappointed. No wonder they didn't show off the mp before launch.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

BIG SURPRISE: inFamous 2
    BIG LETDOWN: Gran Turismo 5, Grid 2

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    "FFXIII" In my point of view the worst FF game ever. Graphics are good but couldn't get into the story and it's a little to linear for an RPG.

totally, biggest let down in gaming history for me, as an RPG its a good game, but as a Final Fantasy its pathetic.

as for biggest surprise, Fallout 3 for me, found the GOTY edition in Blockbuster 2nd hand for 7.95, had to be a mistake since this was when the GOTY was fairly new, guess they just put it down as standard Fallout 3 lol. Anyway i'd never played it so thought that was a steal of a price, so i bought it and could not put it down, brilliant game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Biggest Surprise: Resistance
    Biggest Letdown: Haze

Next Platinum Target
    Mafia 2 I Jax 3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nier- Never expected such a powerful story and fun gameplay from a game that was berated for no just reason other than sub par graphics. Criminal.

Soul Calibur V- They really just strip more and more content from this series after the highpoint of III.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Biggest Letdown: Conflict Denied Ops. I loved Conflict Desert Storm I & II. Denied Ops was just a generic FPS with retarded story, bad graphics, no trophies and no distinguishing features except of a coop split screen mode. Still I never touched this game again after the first three missions.

Second biggest letdown: Deserves a mention as well, Final Fantasy XIII. Mainly subjective because I expected another Final Fantasy X (the only FF game I knew previously). I wanted a fantastic design, instead I got a futuristic design. I wanted tactical battles with status ailments and special combos instead I got paradigmas. I wanted to collect monsters, get ultima weapons and battle superior enemies in post game, instead I got a set of easy and boring missions to fight certain monsters. Last but not least I wanted a leveling system that promises endless fun and surprises but I got one that was almost maxed out after I finished the main plot.

Biggest surprise: Little Big Planet which I got for free. Unique surroundings and physics, cute graphics, great soundtrack and funny levels. I'm glad I got this one for free because I would otherwise probably not have gotten it. I also decided to purchase the second part afterwards.

PRO Member

Big surprise KOF XIII
    Big letdown KOF XII

All out of bubblegum.....

Biggest Surprise for me was Tales of Graces F. heard a lot of good things, but also not so good things. Always knew of it as the "third place RPG" behind FF and DQ. finally played it, and 130 hours later I have a plat, and a new found love for Tales games.

Biggest letdown: Fallout 3 and Defiance. Tried so very hard to like these games... but I just could not get into them.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Buy my book, Alteration

Might as well post again.

Surprise: Dead Space. I got it as a birthday gift, I never played it, but I really got into it after a few tries.

Let-Down: Assassin's Creed III. After ACB, my interest in the AC series was failing, but AC III looked to make me start playing the series again. Nope. I didn't find the game interesting at all, and in the end, I'm still somewhere in chapter 6. Maybe I'll finish it someday... Just maybe.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Biggest Surprise: XCOM Enemy Unknown. Got it from PS+ and i'm sure glad I did! This game is incredible and far beyond what I had anticipated.

Biggest Letdown: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Got this from Day 2 of release, and thought if the first MW was good, the second should be even better. Boy was I wrong. Unbalanced perks/guns, hacks, "Javelin Glitch", etc made this game un-fun for me.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Check Those Corners

Biggest surprise: Payday The Heist (I honestly had VERY low expectations for it)

Biggest letdown: Sleeping Dogs (Wow... just wow. Terrible.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234