Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix announced/ KH3 Info at D23 Japan Expo

This is a discussion on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix announced/ KH3 Info at D23 Japan Expo within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider A little over a ...

INTJ

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix announced/ KH3 Info at D23 Japan Expo

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

A little over a year ago, Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- was announced for the Playstation 3. The high definition remaster contained Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the enhanced version of the original that had been released on the Playstation 2 back in 2002; Re:Chain of Memories, first released on the Gameboy Advanced in 2004 and fully remade with 3D graphics in 2007 for the Playstation 2; and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, first released back in 2009 for the Nintendo DS, which has now been remade into nearly 3 hours of cinematic cutscenes.

Upon its initial release on March 14th 2013 in Japan, and then later on September 10th 2013 in North America, the collection has recieved critical acclaim among fans and critics alike. The game was a massive success in Japan, having sold roughly 130,000 units within the first week alone, and it was the number 2 best seller in Europe at its launch on September 13th 2013. While had remained unclear about a remaster for the rest of the games in the Kingdom Hearts series, Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview not long after -HD 1.5 ReMIX- was announced in Japan that "it would be pretty unnatural" for there not to be a Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-.

This claim went further with the release of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- in Japan, the credits featuring a big hint into the future of the ReMIX's. Selecting the credits option on the main menu for -HD 1.5 ReMIX- would show the credits for the remaster collection...as well as scenes from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.

After hearing Shinji Hashimoto tease the idea of a second HD remaster, it has been officially announced today at D23 Expo Japan that Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will be releasing next year!

for those that don't know:

D23 = Disney's super awesome fan club. Exclusive looks, Magazines, and expos for the members. More info here: https://d23.com/

Also they are showing a KH3 Video right now at the expo along with a bunch of behind the scenes footage of previous KH Games.

update:

Sora/Riku Confirmed playable for KH3, Also Roxas and others make a appearance.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Awesome. I don't recall playing the 2nd KH, and I never played any of the other games in the series, so this will be fun
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    Awesome. I don't recall playing the 2nd KH, and I never played any of the other games in the series, so this will be fun
    apparently it's a final mix of KH2, so it's going to have noticeable improvements.

also KH2 was my favorite out of the series, KH1 was stupid with the spaceship crap

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    apparently it's a final mix of KH2, so it's going to have noticeable improvements.

also KH2 was my favorite out of the series, KH1 was stupid with the spaceship crap
    I agree the gummi ship crap is the worst part of the game lol.. but some people always like that crap that no one should like.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

I just nerdgasimed in my pants this is the best news I have heard all month I cant wait to get the official release date for NA KH2 was my absolute favorite of the entire series up to date and BBS was just too frustrating on the PSP so hope that this update for it will be awesome as well I cant wait

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    I agree the gummi ship crap is the worst part of the game lol.. but some people always like that crap that no one should like.
    KH2 Fixed it so i liked it in that but KH1's version was terrible.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Glorious!!!

No Game No Life

It was expected. Can't wait for this Can't wait to play KH2 and BBS again. Aqua

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

The Playboy Wikipedia

They can take my money already. I so want to get this!!
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

hope that this game comes out early 2014 like the original KH2 did it was early 05 or was it 06 all I know is that there was still snow on the ground altho I doubt that since we have (might but doubtfull on this) FFX HD coming this winter albet still in feb

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hell yes! KH2 was my favorite of the franchise.

A little more on the release via the PlayStation blog :

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 in 2014 – PlayStation.Blog

Thanks to all of your support, Kingdom Hearts has sold more than 20 million units worldwide! In celebration of this, and with absolute pleasure, we’re proud to announce that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!
    Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is the follow-up compilation to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and will be available exclusively on PS3. It will include the following goodies:

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan
    • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on PSP and exclusive to Japan
    • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD remastered cinematics)

I’m so excited to be able to see all of these games included as a part of this compilation, but personally, the most exciting title may be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. As many may not have been able to experience its awesomeness, it’s truly one of the more phenomenal games, and now completely rebuilt in HD — you’ll be able to play it on your big-screen TV for the first time.
    Lastly, if you didn’t already pick it up, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for purchase, now. You might even be able to find the super rare, limited edition that contains the artbook.
    We truly hope you all enjoy this announcement… and if you want to talk Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, or just anything Kingdom Hearts, leave us a comment.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

No Game No Life

I wonder if SE is ever going to port KH3D.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Bringing the PAIN

Whelp... Now I need a bed sheet to clean myself with.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

my brother literally just woke me up screaming KINGDOM HEARTS NEWS, so here I am. It's a lot sooner than I expected so I'm happy and I can't wait.

PRO Member

So excited. Just think it's dumb that they aren't porting it to PS4 as well, but oh well at least we're getting it.
    THANKS DJUNGLIST...

Buy my book, Alteration

Huh, and I was hoping to myself last night that they'd make a 2.5 Remix so I could play that one too. I might buy the first game now that I can has all the gaemz.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Definitely excited for this. I thought 2 was more hack and slashy, so I loved KH1 much more. However, I still loved the game loads as there were tons of improvements, notably the gummi ship travel.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

YES, i was hoping that they would make an HD version of KH2. i will get this day 1 no doubt.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Most excellent

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just shed more tears of joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast