Ultra Street Fighter IV

This is a discussion on Ultra Street Fighter IV within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I hate how this game has been getting so much hate. Ultra is going to come with new characters and ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Ultra Street Fighter IV

I hate how this game has been getting so much hate. Ultra is going to come with new characters and stages. The new modes will probably be returning modes from sf4 and alpha 3. But the rebalanced combat (it was already rebalanced once in ssf4) will make things interesting and might create new possibilities for certain characters or make certain combos easier/harder. Plus with this game we'll be getting ALL the DLC! That means all of the additional outfits and colors I never purchased the first time around

People keep hating on Capcom and Oda for continuing to retool SF4 instead of moving on to SF5. Other fighting games do this as well, and not all of them are Capcom products (Guilty Gear anyone?)! Besides this method isn't new to the franchise by any means. Street Fighter II was updated 5 times (6 including Hyper), Street Fighter 3 was updated 3 times, Alpha was updated 4 times (5 if you count Hyper), and EX was also updated 4 times. Not including the 3DS version (because it was developed alongside the console version of SSF4), this will be the third (and likely final) update to the street fighter iv series. They've already said that they want street fighter v to be a next gen title anyway...

Furthermore, this is the first time that the updates weren't released as new games at full price on the market. Super, Arcade, and Ultra were all sold at $40, and Arcade and Ultra are both even cheaper as DLC updates to Super at $15. Say what you will, but as much as their sales are hit with each rendition, reducing the price so drastically isn't going to net the team the big bucks everyone claims Capcom are trying to squeeze out of you. Yes they are a money hungry corporation, but all corporations are. There's a reason why Keiji Inafune left after ALL! You can't hate Capcom and insist other big conglomerates aren't just as money hungry just because you like their games more >_>

What do you guys think and why? Anyone else getting this game?

Lvl 7 - Gold

I love SF4 if Ultra will bring more players to the game, I say bring it on.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Same here

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I found this review of Street Fighter X Tekken by The Fighters Generation. It's a really solid review, and (while I'm disappointed he didn't talk more about the way a lot of SF characters got nerfed as well) I agree with most of his stances. More on point though is the second half of the review (the right-hand column) containing the conclusion and the DLC review. It attacks a lot of the stances people take as they jump on the Let's-Hate-Capcom bandwagon this past year or so, and it gave me quite the chuckle at a few points. I'm not sure if anyone else will read this topic, but if they do and just so happen to come across someone who's just jumping on the bandwagon... I hope you use some of these defenses to CRUSH THEM!!!! *Evil Laugh* It also doesn't hurt to remind them how almost all (99.99%) of Pre-Order content is included on the game disk, and how other genres (FPS's especially!!!! [with maps and weapons]) do this all the time. Enjoy!

Street Fighter X Tekken