Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Overhyped and Underhyped Games

This is a discussion on Overhyped and Underhyped Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Overhyped - Crysis and Mass Effect Underhyped - Shadows of the Damned...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Overhyped - Crysis and Mass Effect

Underhyped - Shadows of the Damned

PRO Member

I think RAGE was incredibly under-hyped in my opinion. Most likely shadowed due to the big releases this year.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Everyone Loves Candy

Over - MW3/BF3
    Reason: I mean come on. To much happening about it.

Under - U3
    Reason: Just those core people that enjoy it speak about it. Not many others.
    Hi Mom!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Overhyped: COD: MW3 and Battlefield 3- do I really need to say why?

Underhyped- Sonic Generations- no one in the video game industry really seems to be paying attention to it, doesn't even seem like Sega is talking about it that much.

Underhyped- Shadow Hearts series and Pyschonauts- completely awesome games that not a lot of people seem to know about, they seriously need to be remade so people can see how just awesome they are.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Besides a handful of games, I never really seen any games being overhyped very much, now overrated definitely which is what a lot of people in this thread seem to think and respond too.

So for the overhyped would have to be most COD games, BF games, Portal 2, etc. When you see billboards in real life, that's a little too much advertisement going on.

So underhyped... Off the top of my head, probably DarkSiders and White Knight Chronicles 1-2. Besides on the internet, I've never seen comercials or anything for those 3 great games.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    When you see billboards in real life, that's a little too much advertisement going on.
    So underhyped... Off the top of my head, probably DarkSiders and White Knight Chronicles 1-2. Besides on the internet, I've never seen comercials or anything for those 3 great games.
    I've seen exactly 1 commercial for DarkSiders right before it was released. 2 if you count seeing the same commercial twice. I've only see 1 commercial for WKC 1 and not a single one for WKC 2.
    In the city I live in. There's a 3 MW3 Billboards, 1 for BF3 and 1 for Gears of War. One of the MW3 billboards looks like a Giant Movie Poster. One of my co workers asked me if I had ever heard of the movie MW3. And what it was about. I had to explain to her that it was a video game. And even she said. "Who puts up billboards for a damn game?"

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Big Boss

Skyrim is overhyped

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I've seen exactly 1 commercial for DarkSiders right before it was released. 2 if you count seeing the same commercial twice. I've only see 1 commercial for WKC 1 and not a single one for WKC 2.
    In the city I live in. There's a 3 MW3 Billboards, 1 for BF3 and 1 for Gears of War. One of the MW3 billboards looks like a Giant Movie Poster. One of my co workers asked me if I had ever heard of the movie MW3. And what it was about. I had to explain to her that it was a video game. And even she said. "Who puts up billboards for a damn game?"
    I don't watch regular tv . But I never saw commercials or those games being advertised at all. Now I haven't seen a MW3 billboard, but Portal 2 had over 4 billboards in Houston..... It's a little extreme.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    overhyped bf3
    underhyped saints row 3
    We have a winner, Saints Row 3 has been completely under the radar cos of all the other beast games coming out in November. In my expert opinion which is so highly regarded in studios around the world, I think they should have released it earlier/later so it didn't just get lost in all the awesomeness

Lvl 9 - Gold

Overhyped: CoD Series
    Underhyped: Bully for the PS2
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 2 - Bronze

overhyped: god of war 3 and fifa.

underhyped: eternal sonata
    Last edited by wanderingscotty; 10-14-2011 at 06:40 AM.

No Matter What

I love how everyone is saying the OH games are MW3 and BF3.

Overhyped: Dead Island; it was hyped up quite a bit and turned out to be a horrible bug filled game.

Underhyped: BF3; This game is looking amazing and any shooter veteran would know that and there is no way to hype it up enough.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12