Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

great games that realy shouldnt have multiplayer your opinions.?

This is a discussion on great games that realy shouldnt have multiplayer your opinions.? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Thought id start this as a lot of games are starting to jump on the multiplayer bandwagon and it can ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

great games that realy shouldnt have multiplayer your opinions.?

Thought id start this as a lot of games are starting to jump on the multiplayer bandwagon and it can be rather of putting for trophy hunters out there , Imy big complaint would have to be batman arkham origins it doesn't add replay value as I can imagine the community won't last 5 seconds , did arkham city or asylum have it ? No because they were great games with enough replay value ihave this game and can t imagine I'm gonna even be bothered to plat it unless they release some co-op based play . Other examples for me would be the last of us and assasins creed tho I did love wolfpack mode.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Tomb Raider comes to mind, it wasn't awful, just basic. Dead Space 2 the same. Didn't play much of that side to those games as i didn't want to spoil my opinion of the greatness of SP.

Inversely, Battlefield and COD should forego any illusion of a Singleplayer campaign and just do MP.

PRO Member

In terms of trophies? Shit, there's heaps. The worst offender was some sort of boxing game or something where you had to beat the current 'champion' in an online match. Trouble is the champions (2 guys swapping back and forth) decided not to help anyone out.

In terms of the multiplayer adding nothing to the game.. loads of FPS do this. Best example was Fear 3; did an amazing job of breaking the mold with four unique game modes and they got totally fucked because they didn't have a huge audience for it the way that CoD/BF4 do. So unless you're one of 'The Big Ones', don't even bother with it

Another example from early this year was Tomb Raider. Atrocious match-making, often laggy and quite exploitable. Fantastic SP campaign though. Check it out

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Tomb Raider comes to mind, it wasn't awful, just basic. Dead Space 2 the same. Didn't play much of that side to those games as i didn't want to spoil my opinion of the greatness of SP.

Inversely, Battlefield and COD should forego any illusion of a Singleplayer campaign and just do MP.
    totaly agree with you about cod and battlefield icouldnt stand the single player ifelt it was just thrown in for effect

Lvl 7 - Gold

Tomb Raider, GoW: Ascension, Uncharted 2, Batman AO, The Bigs 2.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Wow, a lot of people didn't like the Tomb Raider MP... To be honest it was one of the few MP's I actually enjoyed and went out of my way to play. I found it so much more fair and balanced than most other FPS MP's, which I grow bored of rather quickly (so I never buy them). Yes, there are easy exploits and a tight team unit can abuse camping big time, but even this can be worked around if the other team is just as tight. I generally don't like MP in games, so I'd have to go with most games. The only games that really need it imo are fighters, and they have some of the worst MP communities. The cream of the crop are uber-skilled, but 90% of the rest of the community of any fighting game (pretty much anyone below an A/B rank in a ranked system) finds the cheapest moves and spams them. FPS's have become all about MP, so I think for a change they should work super hard on a single player mode and leave MP out of the mix for once.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I haven't played The Last of Us yet but they could have skipped it (I've watched my friend beat the game) as well as Uncharted 2 and 3. As you can see all 3 of my picks are all games developed by Naughty Dog. The Last of Us seems to me about the right on the money for the SP story based on length but the 2 Uncharted games could have been a good 2-3 hours added to the single player campaign.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdaxter View Post
    Wow, a lot of people didn't like the Tomb Raider MP... To be honest it was one of the few MP's I actually enjoyed and went out of my way to play. I found it so much more fair and balanced than most other FPS MP's, which I grow bored of rather quickly (so I never buy them). Yes, there are easy exploits and a tight team unit can abuse camping big time, but even this can be worked around if the other team is just as tight. I generally don't like MP in games, so I'd have to go with most games. The only games that really need it imo are fighters, and they have some of the worst MP communities. The cream of the crop are uber-skilled, but 90% of the rest of the community of any fighting game (pretty much anyone below an A/B rank in a ranked system) finds the cheapest moves and spams them. FPS's have become all about MP, so I think for a change they should work super hard on a single player mode and leave MP out of the mix for once.
    Tomb Raider is such a great Singleplayer experience that the MP, while fun for a bit, falls way below the quality of the main product. It's solid at least and feels like a bonus rather than a detraction from the campaign unlike Far Cry 3 which should have MP/CO-OP but made an awful mess of the system they had for it and ultimately soured a great SP game in the process.

Totally agree on the fighting game community, it's the same with every fighting game and i haven't been patient enough to be that good at them since Street Fighter II so i usually play about 5 matches online and call it a day.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It doesn't bother me so much that trophies are associated with MP, I just hate that they are associated with the platinum. One day they will be impossible to get. Plus I hate all MP except co-op.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All games beside FPS's shouldn't have multi-player trophies. Assassin's Creed especially, the Crysis series has multi player trophies which really irritates me especially because I didnt start playing them until about a year after they were released. So the multiplayer rooms are virtually empty, same with Tomb Raider. How am I supposed to get a multi player trophy if the rooms are empty and no one is playing it anymore?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Tomb Raider is such a great Singleplayer experience that the MP, while fun for a bit, falls way below the quality of the main product. It's solid at least and feels like a bonus rather than a detraction from the campaign unlike Far Cry 3 which should have MP/CO-OP but made an awful mess of the system they had for it and ultimately soured a great SP game in the process.

Totally agree on the fighting game community, it's the same with every fighting game and i haven't been patient enough to be that good at them since Street Fighter II so i usually play about 5 matches online and call it a day.
    I'll give you that. The SP definitely should've been the sole focus of the game, and it does far outshine the MP experience (especially in the face of all the grinding required). I'm decent at fighting games enough to where I can beat noobs and most spammers, but it usually takes me a bunch of losses before I can beat a cheap player who really knows what they're doing...

Quote Originally Posted by jph98h81 View Post
    It doesn't bother me so much that trophies are associated with MP, I just hate that they are associated with the platinum. One day they will be impossible to get. Plus I hate all MP except co-op.
    Exactly. I think, if anything, they should be in-game to unlock rewards and such. Like Street Fighter with the title/icon system. 10 headshots in a match should net you a colorful medal or something you can pin to your character. That way the incentive still exists, but it doesn't become a blight on anyone trying to platinum the game if they pick up the game too late.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Didnt expect to see Uncharted 2 mentioned in here cause I think has a great MP, ND did a really good job with it both the comp and co-op side. Uncharted 3 wasnt much of a improvement and I think it got a bit overcomplicated but it is still worthwhile playing

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Tomb Raider and God of War Ascension as they originally were offline games and are both meant to be in my opinion

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

The Last of Us. The multiplayer is terrible and not needed. It's laggy as hell and pointless

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Tomb Raider
    such a great game yet the mp is horrible ....
    i really want to platinum the game but the fact it's kinda empty to find match makes me mad.

As for TLOU
    the mp is kinda great imo ~

MP trophy is such a nuisance ... for platinum sake.
    especially when you are the type that buy game really late ..meh ~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Mass Effect
    Tomb Raider
    Metal Gear
    God of War
    Assassins Creed

Plats-O'-War!!

I have to agree with those who said God of War Ascension. God of War games are solely SP games that people enjoy the hell out of. Why throw in the MP aspect? Doesn't fit well with something that was strictly SP IMHO. But, there's those who do enjoy the MP for Ascension, so I can't knock them for doing so. Batman Arkham Origins is a toss-up to me personally. I can see why they threw in the MP portion, but at the same time, it kinda wasn't needed. They just wanted to throw it in there to have a piece of the MP pie, but hey some enjoy it, some don't. I do know that once I do finally got Arkham Origins (waiting on the GOTY edition), then I'll be on the MP to see if I like it or not, or I'll just go to my brothers place and play it there

PRO Member

Tomb Raider comes to mind.
    Sports games (why have MP trophies if the servers only last till the next game is released )

Lvl 3 - Bronze

IMO, MP trophies should just be additional trophies not part of the main set, like add-ons.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Lost planet 3 should've been a SP game only since the MP is terrible. Batman Arkham Origins didn't need MP because Batman Arkham games are good SP games.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast