Can I replace my headset or get my money back?

This is a discussion on Can I replace my headset or get my money back? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; About 30 minutes ago I stopped using my Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and I placed it next to my ...

Deathless Destroyer

Can I replace my headset or get my money back?

About 30 minutes ago I stopped using my Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and I placed it next to my laptop. Then as I was getting up I accidentally knocked it off the table and it hit the ground. I picked it up to check it and on the right-hand side of the headset around the headphone area and I saw a few cuts on the metal as well as these weird thin lines right above the actual headphone. I stretched the headphones a bit (like I was going to put it on again) and looked closely and I could see a few wires extending down to the headphone.

The headset still turns on normally - surprising as the right headphone controls the On/Off, the mic and some other important features, though I'm wondering if I'm able to either replace it or get my money back after the damage done. My warranty is still valid and it expires in a month, but I don't know if it'll actually be valid or not.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Fight the Future

Where did you purchase it from? But you answered your own question, it is still under warranty so it will have to be honored. Do you still have the receipt or proof of purchase?

Deathless Destroyer

Yes - it's not crumpled up or anything, just folded.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

illegal in 9 countries

No. Your fault, not their's. They can't provide a warranty against that kind of damage.

If you dropped your laptop onto the floor and it shattered into a million pieces, would you expect a refund? What if you put it in a microwave, took it to the beach or dropped it into a pool? You seriously want a refund for something YOU did to break the device?

If the headphones suddenly stopped working of their own accord with no damage inflicted by you, then you'd have a case. But dropping your cans on the floor and breaking them is entirely on you and is not covered by a manufacturer's warranty as it does not fall within the parameters of normal use ie, shit they're liable to cover like the microphone not working, audio crackling or the battery not recharging out of the box.

You can try returning your headphones, but don't be surprised when you're laughed out of the store. Forget about the Pulse headset, it's crap. Bin it and buy some A50s instead.

Deathless Destroyer

But they're not broken - it only has a few cracks. Are you saying the A50s are knock-proof, because I'm 100% sure they're not. I was only wondering whether I'd be able to change it or get a refund, as the knock was accidental and everything appears to still be working normally.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    But they're not broken - it only has a few cracks. Are you saying the A50s are knock-proof, because I'm 100% sure they're not. I was only wondering whether I'd be able to change it or get a refund, as the knock was accidental and everything appears to still be working normally.
    If it works, then what's the friggin' problem? You really think that because you dropped your headset and scratched it that you deserve a refund or a whole new one? How bloody entitled are you?

What you have is a product warranty. Not product insurance. There's an enormous difference.

Just keep using the headset and try not to drop it anymore. You muppet.

illegal in 9 countries

If you drove a car into a tree ACCIDENTALLY, would you expect a refund or a new one in return? Of course not. Insurance would cover it (at the cost of an excess claim, a rise in your premium and your hospital bills), but as Faust said, you didn't buy insurance and you're not covered by the warranty for damage you created.

I'm saying get the A50s because not only are they far more robust and ARE more likely to survive a fall, but they sound a shit-tonne better and are infinitely more comfortable than the Sony Pulse set. I own both and I haven't touched my Pulse set since I bought the A50s. If anything, I regret being a tight-arse in the first place and settling for the Pulse set because, to be perfectly honest, they're awful.

Deathless Destroyer

Okay, whatever, I just thought that since I knocked it and it now has a few cracks, some weird lines as well as exposed wires if I stretch it I'd be entitled to a refund or exchange seeing as I still have warranty. Sorry for wasting your time.

illegal in 9 countries

Okay, whatever, I just thought that since I knocked it and it now has a few cracks, some weird lines as well as exposed wires if I stretch it I'd be entitled to a refund or exchange seeing as I still have warranty. Sorry for wasting your time.
    So...YOU broke it and you're ENTITLED to a refund? Get some life experience, it doesn't work that way.

Take some personal accountability, you're responsible for the damage, not Sony. Products are covered for damage as a result of the manufacturing process and fair use within normal operating parameters for a limited period of time. That covers things like a faulty HDD, BR drive, power supply or HDMI port in a PS3...all assuming you don't drop it on the floor. The moment you cause damage by an act of stupidity Sony can't possibly cover, the warranty is void.

Deathless Destroyer

I get the message.