Is my account over?

This is a discussion on Is my account over? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; okay. I'm very close to freaking out right now. I'll try to make this simple: I have a personal e-mail ...

PRO Member

Is my account over?

okay. I'm very close to freaking out right now. I'll try to make this simple:

I have a personal e-mail address. When I first got my PS3 in January 2009 we had one account for me and my brother. Then a few months later, when I got into trophy hunting and that, I decided to make a personal one just for myself. I created another e-mail address specifically for that, and I have never ever used it outside of that, I have never checked that address for e-mails in my computer and I have absolutely no idea what the password was. In those 4 years I have never had a problem. Until today. When I try to log in to PSN now it says my password (which I obviously know and is not the same as the e-mail address password) or e-mail address is not right.

I thought maybe this is another PSN issue but I've tried accessing that e-mail address with my computer and it says it doesn't exist. So, is my PS3 wrong, or has my account been deleted for not "using" it or something?. I also created e-mail addresses for american and japanese accounts and those work just fine.

Is there any way around this or a way to figure out if that e-mail address is really gone?.

Sorry for using the words e-mail address and account so much.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Well some places deactivate emails when they are not used so maybe that's what happened to you?Usually they browser will have a contact service to reactivate it like yahoo or something...goodluck with that

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Apparently you're not the only one...there have been a bunch of people today on a different site that have been experiencing the same exact thing as you. Try not to stress too much!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Had the same problem an hour ago, freaked me out too, did the Forgot Password thing, changed my password and hey presto, i could log in again but by God, i was panicked as my other account was fine. Weird things have been happening to my PS3 and Vita since the PS4 launched.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah I had the same problem too. No idea what happened. But I just reset my password and seems to be working fine again.. Panic over!

PRO Member

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Well some places deactivate emails when they are not used so maybe that's what happened to you?Usually they browser will have a contact service to reactivate it like yahoo or something...goodluck with that
    Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Apparently you're not the only one...there have been a bunch of people today on a different site that have been experiencing the same exact thing as you. Try not to stress too much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Had the same problem an hour ago, freaked me out too, did the Forgot Password thing, changed my password and hey presto, i could log in again but by God, i was panicked as my other account was fine. Weird things have been happening to my PS3 and Vita since the PS4 launched.
    The thing is I couldn't do the Forgot Password thing because it said my e-mail address didn't exist, and apparently at some point today the account got eliminated. I just did something a bit extreme hoping it would work and it has.

I have created just now a new account using the same address, since it was deleted I could write the exact same one. So basically I've re-created it, 0 messages on the inbox, everything new, but your PSN ID is still connected to that address even if it gets deleted so... it's working now.

I think my problem was different to those people so if anyone else has this happen to them, you really need to hurry before someone else re-creates your account.

Thanks guys.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Ahh, that clears that up, been on the net most of the day and didn't see anything about that, must be slipping.

Trophy Hunter Kid!

IMO, they should really tell the people before they do this.

Plat card by djunglist