Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your game of the year.......

This is a discussion on Your game of the year....... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just wondering since just about all the big releases for the year have come and gone....... What was your favourite ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Your game of the year.......

Just wondering since just about all the big releases for the year have come and gone....... What was your favourite game for 2013 and what was the best feature about it ( what made you pick it up, what made it hard for you to stop playing) ......I couldn't find a general games thread for discussions on all consoles so here will have to do..... By the way it doesn't have to be a ps3, psn title any console will do if your favourite isn't on sony consoles.........

mine for this year was
    Diablo III for ps3...... I have it on PC as well but after trying a demo on the psn store I fell in love with the easy controls, which made a massive improvement on the PC version, plus the new enemies and loot was a nice bonus

Technically xcom enemy unknown would've been my game of the year as I started playing it a few months ago and couldn't put it down, the story, graphics and controls were fun..... The soft freeze glitch sucked though....... But it wasn't released this year so it didn't make the position

another great title for this year was fire emblem awakening for Nintendo 3ds........ I loved this and went days without sleep playing this when it first came out........ Luckily it was a weekend so no harm no foul...... The only downer I had for this game was insanity difficulty...... Being forced to use a pre evolved character as a tank goes against my play style but it literally is the only way to clear the first four chapters until you can reach the dlc for farming.......

assassins creed iv black flag might've made the position as again I had trouble putting it down, the story, gameplay, graphics and soundtrack were all well done..... Being able to explore sunken ships was a nice touch, not as easy as the prince of Persia/ tomb raider crypts style they had in the previous games but still pretty fun...... However that glitch on the assassin contract 28 really killed any chances of me picking it

COD GHOSTS had its moments but living in rural nsw gives you a major handicap when trying to play online, especially since it seems to want to throw you into every single American lobby it can find........ Even with strict region settings enabled....... Asian lobbies I can deal with ........but this games multi playing search settings are ridiculous..... Hopefully one day the rent a server style system from battlefield will make it way over to the cod series.......

anyway back lack to the topic....... What was your game of the year for 2013 and why!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Grand Theft Auto V - i was totally stoked for this before release, then after release i felt a bit let down by it due to the physics and melee combat feeling dumbed down since GTA IV, and the game world feeling very empty to me, with lack of collectibles etc. i would later find out that you had to do certain missions before some of the collectibles would start showing up in the game world, after that i started enjoying it much more.

as for the melee combat, i found it to be more fun once i found things like the baseball bat, also the story and characters were great, the best of any GTA so far.

the online side, while failing on day one lol, is lots of fun now that the servers are working properly. i have so much fun just mucking about with my mates online, rather than doing races etc. it's also very handy for finding the unique jumps as you can work together with your mates and split up to look for jumps, since they are all the same as the story it helps greatly with the trophy for all the jumps (i'm intending to find all 50 without a guide).

one of my fave things they added back in (but better), is modding cars and bikes to make them look awesome

i have 'Beyond: Two Souls' still sitting in its wrapper, and from the demo i found it really good, not sure if it'll take over as my GOTY 2013, but at the moment it stands as GTA V.

Lvl 9 - Gold

My game of the year is definitely Ni no Kuni, even though it was released in 2011 in Japan. It may not be a perfect game but it's definitely the best JRPG I've played in years (last one was Dragon Quest VIII, also made by Level 5). I chose it as my game of the year because it brought me back to my childhood and early teen years when I played those amazing RPGs on SNES and PS1. The game has such a classic feel to it and if you add the Studio Ghibli style it's even better. Voice acting was top notch for both English and Japanese and it's pretty lengthy if you want to get everything done.

On a close second place is GTAV. Oh, man, this game. It improved EVERYTHING over GTAIV, fixed most of the bad aspects and goddamn it's such a beautiful game. After Red Dead Redemption I had my doubts about them making a better game but I'm pretty sure they managed to do it, at least at a technical level. It's not first place because of the multiplayer shenanigans (even though it was expected) and how short the story mode is compared to other games in the series. But still a damn fine game.

Third place is BioShock Infinite. A lot of mixed opinions about this one, but personally I loved it. DLC was pretty neat too. Storyline (and all the criticism that it got) aside, gameplay is a bit simple, and compared to the first one I found it to be much more action-oriented. Vigors aren't as critical to the game as Plasmids were, for example. But it still holds up as a solid first person shooter. I liked the Gear system but missed the weapon upgrades (the unique changes that Bio 1 and 2's upgrading did for weapons). It was fairly easy too. All things considered, the game's twist surprised me a lot, and that doesn't happen often (last time was Red Dead Redemption). I loved the game.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I liked watching Last of Us, interesting take on Zombies and survival games

Lvl 6 - Silver

The Last of Us is my GOTY, such great action, storytelling and survival mechanics made the game special plus the online mode was awesome.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Even though I haven't completed it yet I'm going with The Last of Us as my game of the year. A great game.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

F all that nose, you all know the real winner is Metal Gear Rising:R...no game can never stand on its level...lol

my choice is def: Wrath of the White Witch
    i wasn't a huge fan of the Pokemon esc, battle companion...but as a classic RPG fan (games like Chrono Trigger, Suikoden, and Albert Odessy) I felt right at Home..

the story was touching and emotional, gave twist that u may have seen coming and turns that came out of left field...right now my friend has my copy of it, and to all classic RPG gamers or people who want a game with a little more mean then just clear the room and move on...pick this game up...

have to mention: runner up - Beyond: Two Souls
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Ecks u have my support there those 2 games def r awesome

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Obviously The Last Of Us!

Amazing characters, amazing game visuals, and although not an original story it was certainly a very good and touching one! Nice ideas too as it refers to gameplay!

Red Dead Redemption; Battlefield:Bad Company 2; KillZone 3; L.A. Noir; Call Of Duty: MW3; Uncharted 3; Far Cry 3; BattleField 3; Hitman: Absolution; The Last Of Us; Need For Speed: Most Wanted; Special Ops: The Line!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

While the obvious answer for me in terms of the best of 2013 is between GTA V/The Last Of Us i have to say a few others surprised me with how good they were.
    Dead Space 3 was highly enjoyable, Tomb Raider far exceeded what i hoped for, Metro: Last Light was a delight to play and Thomas Was Alone and Stealth Inc are cross platform gems.

Top bunch of 2013 i have played are.....

1- The Last Of Us
    2- GTA V
    3- Bioshock Infinite
    4- Tomb Raider
    5- Metro: Last Light
    6- Metal Gear Rising Revengance
    7- Remember Me
    8- Dead Space 3
    9- Thomas Was Alone
    10- Hitman HD Trilogy

Also as far as older games i got round to playing in 2013, XCOM EU is one of the greatest nostalgia trips i've had. played through so many times already. Will no doubt be among my favourites of the generation.

PRO Member

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD REmix!

Or any other game I played. I don't really have a game of the year.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Fight the Future

Gran Turismo 6.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The Last of Us is my favorite 2013 game. As for games that I played for the first time this year that came out before 2013, I liked Far Cry 3 the most.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch! Absolutely incredible story and the gameplay borrows some of the best elements of other great JRPGs but puts its own twist on it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I've spent most of the year playing games from 2010-2012, however I'd have to say The Last of Us.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Diablo 3 all the way for me was most addicting thing since pokemon

Lvl 7 - Gold

For me it's DIABLO III, i really enjoy playing RPG's and this one is a classic! Just like I & II in the old days.
    I'm still working on the plat, but it will come!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 - It has been so much fun revisiting all the worlds that got me into RPGs to begin with. Tomb Raider comes in with the silver as I was so surprised at how much I liked the reboot. Ni no Kuni would be my bronze award as it has been a nice refreshing RPG.

Lvl 6 - Silver

since I havent had a chance to play a few of the games that came out this year Ill go with Tomb Raider or GTAV

Local Drunk

GTA V is GOTY for me but BioShock Infinite is a close second.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast