Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Whats A harder plat?

This is a discussion on Whats A harder plat? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by prarpin Damn Dragon, you sure are active in this thread. How come nobody is mentioning how freaking ...

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Damn Dragon, you sure are active in this thread.

How come nobody is mentioning how freaking difficult Super Street Fighter 4 is? Am I the only one who thought this was ridiculously hard? Not only does it have a time consuming trophy with the C to Shining C but, it also has the Trials trophy. Oh holy crap, how hard were those to get through? The majority of them are easy, it is the couple of dozen that will make you go grey really fast.

As far as the other games mentioned, I haven't played any of them so, I don't know how hard they are to
    That's because they don't know any better. Personally I didn't think SSF4 was extremely hard, but I've been playing the series for 20+ years. C to Shining C was fun for me because I play with everyone. That trophy isn't that bad, if you know how to play with everyone pretty decent. I think the OP wanted to know out of the choices he mentioned though

That is a good point to make as well. Until you actually play a game yourself, you really can't say how hard something is. You can't go off 'reputation' of something just because a lot of people say something is hard. Based on what I'm seeing on the forums lately, people say stuff is actually hard just because you have to play the game a bit just to get the trophies That's kind of stupid if you ask me.
    Last edited by grimydawg; 01-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by earthgeneral View Post
    out of all the plats on psn i think these are the toughest white knight chronicles 1 and 2, Star ocean and warhawk each 1 of them can take up to 500 hours to plat so my question is which 1 is the toughest 1;and if you had to choose which 1 would you try getting 1st?
    I apologize if people have answered this already in the thread. But out of the 4 games listed, Warhawk will be the most difficult. Now WKC1-2 is not difficult by any means. It's just time consuming. And by only playing a few hours of Star Ocean, I don't think it would be a difficult plat, just time consuming again. But out of the 4 listed, Do WKC1, WKC2, then Star Ocean.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

The Deathly Rhythm

Super Street Fighter 4, and Killzone 2
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    I apologize if people have answered this already in the thread. But out of the 4 games listed, Warhawk will be the most difficult. Now WKC1-2 is not difficult by any means. It's just time consuming. And by only playing a few hours of Star Ocean, I don't think it would be a difficult plat, just time consuming again. But out of the 4 listed, Do WKC1, WKC2, then Star Ocean.
    Yeah, time consuming is just lather, rinse, and repeat.
    I find a lot of RPGs tend to have trophies designed just for that...EXCEPT...Cross Edge. Now that is a hard plat if you DON"T use a guide. I repeat that once more, if you don't use a guide. One of the trophies is for getting the true ending, but there are so many battle twists, and soul finding turns, that its very likely an impossible to capture trophy for some. (I should have mentioned it before but the trauma of using a guide to slowly, and meticulously play the game has given me trauma. LOL)

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Yankees And Packers <3

warhawk by far i have about 1000 hours in and i still need 6 trophies for plat bout to be 5 as ill be getting one tonight

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    That's because they don't know any better. Personally I didn't think SSF4 was extremely hard, but I've been playing the series for 20+ years. C to Shining C was fun for me because I play with everyone. That trophy isn't that bad, if you know how to play with everyone pretty decent. I think the OP wanted to know out of the choices he mentioned though

That is a good point to make as well. Until you actually play a game yourself, you really can't say how hard something is. You can't go off 'reputation' of something just because a lot of people say something is hard. Based on what I'm seeing on the forums lately, people say stuff is actually hard just because you have to play the game a bit just to get the trophies That's kind of stupid if you ask me.
    You have got to be the first person who I've seen say that SSF4 isn't that difficult to . I have also been playing the franchise for 20 years. I didn't get the opportunity to play SF4 so, I was unfamiliar with the new style when I started SSF4. Yea, I don't usually weigh in on things I don't know about. I've looked at what is needed for Warhawk and it does look like to be a pain. However, just like C to Shining C, time consuming doesn't equal to difficult.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Warhawk, if you're not good at the online it'll take forever to level up.

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

Lvl 4 - Silver

I really don't get why people say time consuming platinums are not hard ...

The fact that the game itself is not difficult doesn't mean getting the platinum of that game isn't hard. Time is also an important factor in my opinion to determine the difficulty of a platinum trophy.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Aexuz View Post
    I really don't get why people say time consuming platinums are not hard ...

The fact that the game itself is not difficult doesn't mean getting the platinum of that game isn't hard. Time is also an important factor in my opinion to determine the difficulty of a platinum trophy.
    I think people say its not 'hard' as in the actions required in the game are easy, it just needs to be done over and over to infinity. It can be hard due to 'tediousness' and gathering the drive to finish it, but not hard in terms of gameplay.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Threat

Mortal Kombat.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 6 - Silver

How come nobody is mentioning how freaking difficult Super Street Fighter 4 is? Am I the only one who thought this was ridiculously hard? Not only does it have a time consuming trophy with the C to Shining C but, it also has the Trials trophy. Oh holy crap, how hard were those to get through? The majority of them are easy, it is the couple of dozen that will make you go grey really fast.

As far as the other games mentioned, I haven't played any of them so, I don't know how hard they are to .
    I have to agree SSFIV is hard but not very hard to plat but SFIV is a different story the trials were way harder here and finishing Survival and Time Attack while getting all of them on gold medals is really hard but that is only my opinion

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 hands down.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I think people say its not 'hard' as in the actions required in the game are easy, it just needs to be done over and over to infinity. It can be hard due to 'tediousness' and gathering the drive to finish it, but not hard in terms of gameplay.
    It would be a good idea then to create another thread about the most difficult skill based games. the question is which are the most difficult platinums to obtain and not which are the hardest games in terms of gameplay.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Actually I came only across Vanquish I couldn't finish.
    It's damn hard (Challenge 6) - if you ask me.

Royal Flush X2

While I will say that a game that takes more skill like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or to make a better comparison Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(Not vanilla MVC3) is way harder than Mortal Kombat, still getting a plat that does take a long time is hard in a different way as most won't take the time to finish it even if there not too hard in skill but I put skill as being harder overall.
    Resistance 2 is another example of being very long but not too hard of a game but again most won't go through with the time it takes to get the plat.
    Last edited by omnislash; 01-10-2012 at 08:03 PM.

PRO Member

As far as the other games mentioned, I haven't played any of them so, I don't know how hard they are to .
    I agree, SSF4 is one of the hardest plats I have and it was time consuming! I did boost a few of the characters thanks to my psn friends which helped a lot. I have to say that SF4 is harder than SSF4 and a bit more time consuming, and it's true that the majority of the the trials were easy but without skill you will not get very far. When I say easy, I am saying for me but people who are not used to fighting games will find it a lot more difficult... the trials are definitely not a button mash FTW!

I'm gonna have to give you rep for that comment, for not saying how difficult a game is that you haven't played I think a lot of people do this and I prefer to comment on a game that I have experience on, and not on what I have heard.

Sig by Smashguy

Vive La Révelation!

Killzone 2 is a challenging platinum. Fallout: New Vegas is kind of hard, but more time consuming than anything.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO Member

We can add The KOF XIII to the list

PRO Member

NGS2 is difficult and time consuming, Master Ninja mode is a challenge, but with time it does get easier (which is the same with ALL games) the more you put into a game the better you will become! After getting to a certain point in the game, I was a lot better at it and the key is to take your time and not to rush it.
    The online trophy is the hardest, and honeslty makes the SP look like a joke

Sig by Smashguy

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I agree, SSF4 is one of the hardest plats I have and it was time consuming! I did boost a few of the characters thanks to my psn friends which helped a lot. I have to say that SF4 is harder than SSF4 and a bit more time consuming, and it's true that the majority of the the trials were easy but without skill you will not get very far. When I say easy, I am saying for me but people who are not used to fighting games will find it a lot more difficult... the trials are definitely not a button mash FTW!

I'm gonna have to give you rep for that comment, for not saying how difficult a game is that you haven't played I think a lot of people do this and I prefer to comment on a game that I have experience on, and not on what I have heard.
    You boosted SSF4!!!??? I feel sad now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast