Password reset issues?

This is a discussion on Password reset issues? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony has forced me to change my password via the forgot my password option when signing in, only thing is ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Password reset issues?

Sony has forced me to change my password via the forgot my password option when signing in, only thing is my email that the reset code gets sent to is no longer active with no way of recovering it . I've called Sony and sent off details to have password changed but had nothing back yet, it's only been 2 day but my craving to update my trophies is starting to knaw at my sanity :p. Would anybody know of a loophole of somesort to change password and log me back into psn!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

You should have set up a new email address on your PSN account when the old email became inactive.

Lvl 9 - Gold

this happened to me yesterday I just clicked 'forgot my password' and followed the links/prompts to reset it. it was all fixed in 10 mins! but I feel for you with the email.... seems like you may be in trouble.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I tried changing awile ago but still seems to be linked to old email :/ can't do anything on my vita either and still nothing from sony.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

, not so sure what you can do about this one. I did have the exact same problem as you though the other day. I was actually online at the time and it just threw me off for no apparent reason....until I discovered the reset the password thing and then it was all sorted from there. Hope you get it sorted man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Had the same issue this morning. When I went to log in it said that my password was no longer valid and I had to change it to log in. Maybe Sony is making us change our passwords to keep our accounts secure.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah, not sure what's going on, but I was just asked to reset mine too. Hopefully there wasn't another hack of the network.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sorted had an email from sony with a link to change everything i needed trophies are back on the menu . As for the reason why, i'm not sure either but might be sony trying to get rid of dorment accounts maybe?