What is this boosting thing?

This is a discussion on What is this boosting thing? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; G'day all, just wondering what on earth is boosting I keep seeing the word pop up on various forums, but ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What is this boosting thing?

G'day all, just wondering what on earth is boosting I keep seeing the word pop up on various forums, but haven't seen an explanation for what it is, please explain !

Forget I Was Ever Here

Just helping other gamers and yourself achieve trophies or reach particular levels on online rankings

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As in adding someone as a friend so you can invite to your party? Or is there an actual method!

member since Oct 2009

Yes, adding people and having them join your party and work together to achieve mp trophies. Can be anywhere from 1 guy to as many people needed for the requirements.

i.e. Burnout: Paradise trophy : 8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium. You would boost this with 7 other people you added as friends.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh ok thanks...... Well I have a large amount of games so I will probably be available if it's like that........... Psn ID is Angel_Mochizuki so hit me up if anyone wants help...... As for what games I have...... You would have to compare trophies or something as my list is to big to post

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Basically getting help from other players to earn trophies. For example, if you found other players to do an online trophy with (Zombies easter eggs from CoD are good examples), you would be boosting for it with them.