Question about PS+?

This is a discussion on Question about PS+? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've been trying to find an answer to this everywhere but can't find one. I have a 30 day trial ...

PRO Member

Question about PS+?

I've been trying to find an answer to this everywhere but can't find one. I have a 30 day trial of PS+ which I cannot use on my account because I have used a 30 day trial in the past. If I create another PSN account on my system, activate the 30 day trial on that account and download this month's free games, will I be able to play those games on my main account?

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Negator

Yes, but only for the duration of the 30 days. After your secondary account's PS+ subscription lapses, no profile will be able to play the content.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure you can redeem 30 day trials multiple times on the same account...but, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

I would think that would work. You can do a regular plus subsciption that way.

But i've never used a trial code so i can't say for certain.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Yes, but only for the duration of the 30 days. After your secondary account's PS+ subscription lapses, no profile will be able to play the content.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure you can redeem 30 day trials multiple times on the same account...but, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
    Okay thanks, and yeah multiple trial codes haven't worked for me, I googled it and found that you cant use multiple trial codes on the same account.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Okay thanks, and yeah multiple trial codes haven't worked for me, I googled it and found that you cant use multiple trial codes on the same account.
    I know from personal experience that it will work for the trial periods, and as long as you do not have a current subscription/trial, you can use it on your main account. I've used 30 day trial after 30 day trial with no problems. All you have to do is let the subscription/trial expire.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    I know from personal experience that it will work for the trial periods, and as long as you do not have a current subscription/trial, you can use it on your main account. I've used 30 day trial after 30 day trial with no problems. All you have to do is let the subscription/trial expire.
    I've tried multiple codes on mine and it will not work at all, have no current subscription or anything.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    I've tried multiple codes on mine and it will not work at all, have no current subscription or anything.
    Hm. Maybe it works for me as a freak thing, but my current + subscription is from the PS4 and I had a month free from one of the collections before that. Have you used the code yet? I ask because it might be expired.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wondered why a trial didn't work for me.... anyway yes games cross over as I have 2 acc a USA and aussie I have bought ps+ on both over the years and it plays on both acc's fine but as helyx said once ps+ expires you have are unable to play it again until you buy the full purchase.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    Hm. Maybe it works for me as a freak thing, but my current + subscription is from the PS4 and I had a month free from one of the collections before that. Have you used the code yet? I ask because it might be expired.
    Yeah I checked the expiry dates, expires end of this year. I used the code on a second account and it worked fine.