Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should I get MGS legacy collection

This is a discussion on Should I get MGS legacy collection within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I recommend playing them in release order but if you decide to do chronological then you'd go (start to end ...

Cipher sent us to hell

I recommend playing them in release order but if you decide to do chronological then you'd go (start to end with notes added as needed):

1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (The Subsistence version is included with the HD/Legacy collection so you're getting everything.)
    2. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Bring a friend!)
    3. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain (Obviously and sadly we can't play this one yet but this is where it will go chronologically. Ground Zeroes is the subtext given to the prologue, which we will get to play in Spring 2014. The Phantom Pain is the official subtext for MGS5 though.)
    4. Metal Gear (Included on the MGS3 disc, canon but skippable)
    5. Metal Gear 2 (Included on the MGS3 disc, canon but skippable)
    6. Metal Gear Solid (If you skipped MG/MG2, I recommend reviewing the briefing files included on the game. They go over a summarized version of the plot. Also, MGS VR Missions doesn't contain any story.)
    7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (The Substance version is included with the HD/Legacy collection so you're getting everything.)
    8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    9. Metal Gear Rising (Technically canon although has only minor links to the other games. Still fun though.)
    Last edited by x13ucketHeaDx; 12-08-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Edited for Clarity and Additional Info
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Forget I Was Ever Here

Game is listed on Amazon for 29.99 right now so I'd get it or actually I already did

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 7 - Gold

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions I decided to get it yesterday. It was only 29.99 so pretty worth it. I am gonna play them in the way they were released. Hopefully I enjoy it and get converted to a mgs fan

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions I decided to get it yesterday. It was only 29.99 so pretty worth it. I am gonna play them in the way they were released. Hopefully I enjoy it and get converted to a mgs fan
    Have fun, and a bit of advice: play whatever way you want. Don't force yourself into never being spotted or not killing anyone if you don't want to .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Have fun, and a bit of advice: play whatever way you want. Don't force yourself into never being spotted or not killing anyone if you don't want to .
    Oh but i love playing stealthily so i probably will try my best to never get spotted

Banned

may as well.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketHeaDx View Post
    I recommend playing them in release order but if you decide to do chronological then you'd go (start to end): 3 (Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 [NOT Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2!] are canon, but not 100% necessary to play to get the rest of the story), Peace Walker, 1/VR Missions, 2, 4
    Wait, are you suggesting that Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 aren't canon? Your post is confusing.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 aren't canon? Your post is confusing.
    He's saying he doesn't necessarily have to play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, even if they are canon.

He mentioned MGS and MGS2 between brackets to specify he meant Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, so abhi won't confuse them.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    He's saying he doesn't necessarily have to play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, even if they are canon.

He mentioned MGS and MGS2 between brackets to specify he meant Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, so abhi won't confuse them.
    Thanks for clarifying. I think he could've been a bit clearer in the explanation.

Cipher sent us to hell

Thanks for clarifying. I think he could've been a bit clearer in the explanation.
    Yes, this is correct. Sorry for the confusion! I would love to use better formatting but for whatever reason I can't use the Enter key when I'm at work. Weird.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketHeaDx View Post
    I recommend playing them in release order but if you decide to do chronological then you'd go (start to end with notes added as needed):
    1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (The Subsistence version is included with the HD/Legacy collection so you're getting everything.)
    2. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Bring a friend!)
    3. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain (Obviously and sadly we can't play this one yet but this is where it will go chronologically. Ground Zeroes is the subtext given to the prologue, which we will get to play in Spring 2014. The Phantom Pain is the official subtext for MGS5 though.)
    4. Metal Gear (Included on the MGS3 disc, canon but skippable)
    5. Metal Gear 2 (Included on the MGS3 disc, canon but skippable)
    6. Metal Gear Solid (If you skipped MG/MG2, I recommend reviewing the briefing files included on the game. They go over a summarized version of the plot. Also, MGS VR Missions doesn't contain any story.)
    7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (The Substance version is included with the HD/Legacy collection so you're getting everything.)
    8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    9. Metal Gear Rising (Technically canon although has only minor links to the other games. Still fun though.)
    Wow thanks so much for the detailed info cant wait to start playing the games. Will get metal gear rising if i enjoy the rest of the games

Venire, Videre, Vince

Trust Nagflar + Hitman they know their stuff in MGS no disrespect to anybody else.

Hitman still plays PW so that just tells you how enjoyable these games are totally replayable IMO. Not many games you play over + over after getting a plat.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    Wow thanks so much for the detailed info cant wait to start playing the games. Will get metal gear rising if i enjoy the rest of the games
    Keep in mind Rising doesn't play like the other games from what I've been told. It's more of an action-based slasher than a stealth-based espionage game.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Trust Nagflar + Hitman they know their stuff in MGS no disrespect to anybody else.

Hitman still plays PW so that just tells you how enjoyable these games are totally replayable IMO. Not many games you play over + over after getting a plat.
    The co-op aspect of PW gives it a long life. It's very addicting. I have close to 300 hours invested in PW, over half of which are post-plat.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Keep in mind Rising doesn't play like the other games from what I've been told. It's more of an action-based slasher than a stealth-based espionage game.

The co-op aspect of PW gives it a long life. It's very addicting. I have close to 300 hours invested in PW, over half of which are post-plat.
    Yo Hitman I am still waiting on that delivery man,

Heck yeah its addictive no doubt. All those games included its a good deal not to miss on.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Yo Hitman I am still waiting on that delivery man,

Heck yeah its addictive no doubt. All those games included its a good deal not to miss on.
    I completely forgot about it.

Just let me know when you want to do it. Message me on PSN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12