Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I get MGS legacy collection

This is a discussion on Should I get MGS legacy collection within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I just went on amazon a while back to see the cyber monday deals and I saw the MGS legacy ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Should I get MGS legacy collection

I just went on amazon a while back to see the cyber monday deals and I saw the MGS legacy collection going for sale tmr thanks to cyber monday deals. I feel like getting it because MGS5 looks amazing on next gen consoles. But the thing is when I borrowed a copy of MGS4 from my friend years back i didnt enjoy it at all because i couldnt understand what the hell was going on and therefore the long cutscenes were super boring to me. Is the Story really that amazing like people claim it to be and should i get it and give it another try.

Banned

it is up to you but some games don't have trophies like MGS1 and MGS VR missions, I already checked every games' trophy lists.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    it is up to you but some games don't have trophies like MGS1 and MGS VR missions, I already checked every games' trophy lists.
    Dont really care about trophies. I am more interested in whether I will enjoy the game now if i start off from the first one.

Kiwi Defender

Sure, give it a try. Play them as they were released (or in chronological order) and you'll see why people enjoy them so much, as well as why the fans keep talking about how great the story is.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Banned

I see. Have fun.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sure, give it a try. Play them as they were released (or in chronological order) and you'll see why people enjoy them so much, as well as why the fans keep talking about how great the story is.
    Exactly, I never played them but they are damn popular. Snake is one of most recognizable video game characters, so I say listen to the crowd, if so many people love that game there's a chance you will love it.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I would definitely say play them in order of release - meaning start with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 which are included on the HD version of MGS3.

That's the best way to play them, as you get to watch the story unfold and experience all the twists it has. Also, be prepared for some serious mindfucks.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Okay yeah i guess I will get it. SO many people love the game plus i hear its amazing story wise so i will get it. Thanks hopefully i enjoy it

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I would definitely say play them in order of release - meaning start with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 which are included on the HD version of MGS3.

That's the best way to play them, as you get to watch the story unfold and experience all the twists it has. Also, be prepared for some serious mindfucks.
    I love getting mindfucked so i guess I will get it. Hopefully i enjoy it. Thanks

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Also, be prepared for some serious mindfucks.
    Wouldn't call them mind fucks - more like moronicly absurd plot twists.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Care to link the deal? how much will it be? I can't seem to find the deal.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

story is great but it really depends on the gamers mindset
    all games arent for everybody
    and MGS4 is the only game of the series with an super long cutscenes lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    story is great but it really depends on the gamers mindset
    all games arent for everybody
    and MGS4 is the only game of the series with an super long cutscenes lol
    I am okay with super long cutscenes but i couldnt understand shit probably because i didnt play the previous games. i stopped playing mgs4 after an hour because of this

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Care to link the deal? how much will it be? I can't seem to find the deal.
    Its under the cyber monday upcoming deals secrion

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    I am okay with super long cutscenes but i couldnt understand shit probably because i didnt play the previous games. i stopped playing mgs4 after an hour because of this
    You really need to play MGS1-3 first, to have any idea whatsoever as to what's happening in MGS4. MGS3 doesn't have quite as much to do with 4's plot as 1 and 2 do, but it is an absolute masterpiece. Bear in mind though, that chronologically, MGS3 is the first game in the series, so don't be concerned if it doesn't make any direct references to parts 1 and 2. It does make some subtle references though, that may just pass you by if you haven't played those games. Although 3 is the first game, you should play through MG, MG2 and MGS1 first, as trying to play the older games after playing MGS3 could prove to be quite a jarring experience control-wise.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

At least this time if you play MGS IV you may be prepared for all the cutscenes. If this isn't your style of game then I would pass on it unless it's $20.

PRO Member

If you haven't played any Metal Gear game and went right into MGS4 it's normal you didn't understand anything, it's the fourth main title in a series!.This collection includes every single MGS game ever, and it's one of the best series of all time so the answer is very simple: You should get it.If you play the upcoming MGSV without having played the rest rest assured you're not going to understand anything, as it is a direct sequel to Peace Walker.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Metal Gear Solid is one of my favourite game series of all time. Like annare said it's not really a good idea to go into MGS4 as your first game because that game basically wraps up a story that spans 4 games and you'll get much more out of it if you start at the beginning. All the games are direct sequels/prequels so you should play them all but I'd start with MGS1 then MGS2 then MGS3 (which is a prequel to the entire series) then Peace Waker then MGS4.

I never played the original Metal Gears but I don't think those are vital to the story.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Just do it like NIKE says I just got it and it is uber nice.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I say don't do it. I just wanted to be the only one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast