Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gran Turismo 6 Microtransations are bad - A Jaguar XJ13 is 119.95

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 6 Microtransations are bad - A Jaguar XJ13 is 119.95 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Yeah they did hand out Vintage versions in 2012, but try getting it now. It's either ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yeah they did hand out Vintage versions in 2012, but try getting it now. It's either earn the Unique version via the A Fresh Pair of Eyes achievement, or you buy it.

Besides, it was just to make a point that hats can change gameplay
    Some of them do make spotting heads for you to blow up much easier .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I found one regardless - Pyrovision Goggles - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki. Hardly advantageous (unless the map textures improve enemy visibility), but as requested it "changes gameplay" and is not available via the stock game unless you grind or pay. Suck on that too.
    you got it instantly for free when you played during the pyro update or you shot someone 3 times to get it (which when playing a shooter, is almost impossible not to do.)

Fight the Future

Looks like Eurogamer was wrong.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you got it instantly for free when you played during the pyro update or you shot someone 3 times to get it (which when playing a shooter, is almost impossible not to do.)
    Or you bought it and skipped the requirement altogether. Again...how is this any different to what Poly is doing with GT6?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah... micro-transactions are here to stay, get used to it. The ONLY time it's a bad thing is if they're locking away items/story/other content/etc. and trying to nickle and dime you. As someone else said, restricting the number of X you can do in an hour/day/week but letting you buy the rights to perform X action more often, such as fights in a fighter, quests in an RPG, or races in a racer. When you can earn the item by playing the game, in many instances by making enough in-game credits to buy the item, or drop real money to purchase the equivalent amount of in-game credits to buy the item, that comes down to user choice, and I have no problem with it, as long as PS360's concern of "game design alteration" doesn't play into the picture. As far as I know, no console games have fallen victim to this yet, though Dead Space 3 may have come close. I didn't pay enough attention to what the system in the game sold you, as I'm not a fan.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i would be interested when i can grind that 20 million in the game by racing, and sell the credits back to poly for real cash.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Lvl 9 - Gold

There is nothing micro about those transactions lol.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If it's for people who don't have enough time, why not make the option free? remember cheat codes?
    Eh? If you do that, you may as well have every car available from the start. Then where's the sense of accomplishment at completing a top tier endurance race to unlock that badass car you've had your eyes on? It would destroy the entire premise of the career mode. And if someone does want to effectively buy a few extra cars... so bloody what? It doesn't effect your career mode, and if they do take their cars online there are race restrictions so everyone's on a fairly level playing field anyway.

From all the previews I've read, GT6 doesn't place microtransactions front and centre and the economy allows people to get enough credits to buy very nice cars by just playing, without requiring an impractical amount of time or grinding - just like every other GT game.

A lot of your threads do encourage good debate and discussion which is always healthy, but sometimes it seems you're picking holes in stuff that just doesn't warrant being picked at. Microtransactions are a cause for concern to many gamers, and rightly so, but I don't think GT6 is one of these occasions.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyburger View Post
    Finally I can take pride in owning fake cars.
    WHAT!!!!! I thought you actually get that car for real. Would be sweet if they had a contest with all the people that bought the car get entered into a draw for a chance to win the actual car.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    Eh? If you do that, you may as well have every car available from the start. Then where's the sense of accomplishment at completing a top tier endurance race to unlock that badass car you've had your eyes on?
    i could say the same thing about purchasing cars with real money.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i could say the same thing about purchasing cars with real money.
    You can't be so pig headed that you're comparing getting something for free with having to pay a not insignificant sum of money for it?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    There is nothing micro about those transactions lol.
    This right here folks. A micro transaction is like $1-$3, 5 and up is not micro. This is terrible but at the same time pretty fair business wise. Will it break the game if you go online and race against someone that bought a car with the credits ? HELL NO. That XJ13 you guys are citing is a fun car but has nearly no chance outside of its vintage class in that BOP level(Performance Points.)

It is not like you or I could not also get the same car in the game, and I had it twice in GT5 without even trying. If it were a day-one dlc/pre-order special then we can complain. This is just a business model that does not interfere with the game.

kwitcherpitchin
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12