Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Proudest trophy in 2013?

This is a discussion on Proudest trophy in 2013? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by parkerdip My proudest trophy of 2013 is: Grand Theft Auto IV REASON: This has without a doubt ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    My proudest trophy of 2013 is:

Grand Theft Auto IV

REASON: This has without a doubt got to be my proudest trophy of 2013 simply because of how long it took me; 4 years, 8 months and 1 week to be exact. It was also the game that started my trophy collection off back in October 2008 and the 'Off the Boat' trophy. I was pretty much playing on and off all the time working on the platinum playing Hangman's NOOSE then this summer I picked up the pace with online making sure I got the platinum in time for GTA V and I managed it in July.

As a matter of fact this isn't just my proudest trophy this year but my proudest of all time (so far)

same here, i also finally got the GTA 4 platinum this year, took me 5 years in total lol

PRO Member

The proudest trophy I have for 2013? Easy enough.
    PLATINUM 35
    TROPHY 6,000

THE ULTIMATE REWARD
    DRAGON AGE ORIGINS

I first played this the day it came out (11/3/2009). I had the 2 toughest trophies (Blight-Queller and Traveler) over 3 years ago. It was finally time to finish what I started over 4 years ago. When I finally got A Dark Promise and Perfectionist on 11/26/2013, the long-anticipated Dragon Age Origins Platinum was finally mine.
    This one was for all my friends, here and everywhere, who believed I would get this Platinum when I thought I would never earn it.
    THANK YOU!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Resistance 2 - mostly due to the amount of time and grinding for the mp. Killing machine definately tested my dedication but I got there in the end... Almost 4 years later

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Bioshock was definitely the game that has took me the longest time to finish. It felt really good to finally get this monkey off my back.

A plat a month!

I'll have to go with Battlefield 3's platinum! Finding the right help (thanks again Smashguy!) was essential to getting the platinum in this game (due to the Ninjas and Bulleye trophies). MP was a grind too!

PRO Member

Either Demon's Souls for me, or The Saboteur (Due to it taking me 2 years to get round to the platinum!)

Galaxy beauty pirate

My Trine 2
    Sig by Ramon

The Deathly Rhythm

I didn't play alot of games this year because of my stupid PS3 dying on me in June and being banned also, but my proudest trophy this year is Sleeping Dogs plat because it was my first plat when I returned to gaming
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post

The Twisted Metal made me sink a good numbers of hours a night for a span of a week or two TWICE just on boosting alone. The single-player stuff was still difficult regardless. Still, I love the game and I'm so happy to have this one.
    Damn you got it? Welcome to the (very small) club

Tower of Babble
    In Tranzit, obey the voices.

Black Ops 2

Though it wasn't difficult for me (having to watch Nag's hairy ass for about an hour was), it's definitely not an easy trophy. Thank fuck Bodi knew his shit.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    Xcon Enemy Unknown Platinum & Dead Space 2 Hardcore.
    Congrats bro. DS2 Hardcore would give me my plat but I got sick of having to watch the opening scene over and over again! Great perseverance to get through it.

Notorious K.I.D.

It wasn't the platinum for Diablo 3, it was the trophy that led up to it...

Diablo III
    All That Glitters
    Pick up 5,000,000 gold.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Injustice: Gods Among Us
    Easily the toughest and proudest plat I've ever gotten.
    MEME FTW!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Gran Turismo 5 Platinum, with a controller! After two years, 11 months...

I'm also fairly pleased with the progress I've made this year in terms of trophies; managed to get more Platinums than I aimed for, and I think i progressed through three trophy levels this year (was at Level 13, ~90% at the beginning of the year - but I dunno - and am now at Level 15, 28%).
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdawg420 View Post
    My proudest trophy was the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots platinum trophy. The big boss run wasn't too bad (motorcycle scene was in my opinion the hardest). The multiple playthroughs made it a chor but it was still an awesome experience!
    this is my proudest trophy too !!

Proud Greek Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    It wasn't the platinum for Diablo 3, it was the trophy that led up to it...

Diablo III
    All That Glitters
    Pick up 5,000,000 gold.
    This is my proudest trophy of 2013 as well,got it today after 30 hours of grinding.

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Editorial Team

Maybe not the hardest but the one I had most fun with this year.
    And I still need to do all DLC for the 100%

Red Dead Redemption

Working on: The next platinum trophy!
    come join the stream:
    http://www.twitch.tv/neospoon

Lvl 7 - Gold

I got a tie between two.

XCOM Enemy Unknown PLAT. This was free on PS+, however I only had a month long subscription. So I busted my ass getting the 5 easy playthroughs, 1 IMPOSSIBLE playthrough, 1 Ironman playthrough all complete with the various random luck trophies that take skill and chance to earn.

I earned this on a marathon session a day or two before my subscription ended. I even stopped playing for a half a day so I could get a Plat in Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection, and thus bump the XCOM to number 20. It was my goal that summer to get 20 Plats, and I added one more with Lego after a few easy yet boring days.

I didn't have all that much time to play the game, so every session was purpose driven to complete these challenges. Now I have EW on disc and I can take my time, though there isn't anything super duper hard in it except Army Of Four.

GT-R Official Record

Achieve a time of 7'29.03 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a Nissan GT-R '07. The record must be achieved in a Time Trial in the Arcade mode version of the car with tires of Sports Hard grade or lower equipped.

The other trophy, I made rant threads about. GT-R Official Record in Gran Turismo 5. This trophy. URGH! Hours of practice, ghost replay watching, researching. All done on a controller. As well. I thought my trouble was over in this game after I got bronzes in the Vettel events, (screw you Nurburgring). I threw the controller more than once and now it rattles.

The only other game to make me this angry in a trial is Dirt3. Both racing games, while doing a timed event that should be fairly easy and straightforward.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Lvl 9 - Gold

For me, it's a tie between:

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

and DC UNIVERSE ONLINE

Very proud of both of them.

Lvl 6 - Silver

for me it was Hard to the Core Trophy in Dead Space 2 Trophy damn that felt so good to Achieve, also i should mention the trophy for finishing Metro Last Light without killing anyone for me i thought i failed to achieve it and suddenly it popped and with it i did the KOKO Dance

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast