Weird PS+ Glitch? Games Still Working After Subscription?!

This is a discussion on Weird PS+ Glitch? Games Still Working After Subscription?! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I had a free three-month trial of PS+, lasting from September 21st 2013 to yesterday, December 20th 2013. It's now ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Weird PS+ Glitch? Games Still Working After Subscription?!

I had a free three-month trial of PS+, lasting from September 21st 2013 to yesterday, December 20th 2013. It's now past midnight, yet I went onto Jak & Daxter 2 and it's still working. Heck, I even got a trophy to pop! I just realized my timezone is -2hrs from London (PS3 says 00:08, but it's actually 02:08 as I write this). This is because I was trying something out on Gran Turismo 6; I did not have this at all in mind, when it came to going back to J&D 2...

Out of luck, and sheer coincidence, I think the timezone's allowed me to just hop back into the game...?

I don't want to quit the game now, because the I might not be able to enter it again, but this is very weird.

Is the J&D Trilogy accessible even after the Subscription ends, then? That would be awesome if so.

If not, WTF?
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Threat

Did you turn off auto-subscription renewal in your settings? If not, your PS+ will have automatically renewed itself.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

дурак

All games will still work if you actually paid money to acquire them, even if it was like a small amount. But if these are free games, I have no clue.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

Have you been signed into psn since it expired? Probably once you sign out it'll be gone, that's what happened to me once.

Edit-
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Did you turn off auto-subscription renewal in your settings? If not, your PS+ will have automatically renewed itself.
    ^ or that

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yep, I always do so for such things. I'm looking at my profile right now and the + sign is gone.

I think I entered the game before 00:00, according to the timezone set on my PS3... Is that what's caused it? I really wish J&D would be available after the subscription lol, cos I should have Platinumed it by now.

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This was a free game (J&D Trilogy), from the Instant Game Collection way back in September's PS+ Update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    All games will still work if you actually paid money to acquire them, even if it was like a small amount. But if these are free games, I have no clue.

Please note

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think so; PS3's been on and signed in all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysta91 View Post
    Have you been signed into psn since it expired? Probably once you sign out it'll be gone, that's what happened to me once.

Please note

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If the -2hrs timezone change is causing this (which I FORGOT I did lol), this is extremely coincidental for me...?

Please note

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What the fuck? I look at the details for the game now, and I get a time-period for a PS+ subscription I don't think i had...? I might have on another account though (I used to use 30 day free-trials-codes on lots of other accounts).

Right click and open the image in a new tab to see what I mean. Here it is:

Please note

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Holy shit, I exited the game and tried to enter, and it STILL WORKS! I even corrected the timezone...! WTF.... Hahahaha this is brilliant! It's 3am so I can't be bothered to prove this, but... What the hell...?

Please note

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    Holy shit, I exited the game and tried to enter, and it STILL WORKS! I even corrected the timezone...! WTF.... Hahahaha this is brilliant! It's 3am so I can't be bothered to prove this, but... What the hell...?
    I think you're overreacting a bit.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Proud Greek Gamer

My thoughts exactly, to stay on topic I don't think you will be able to continue playing it for long

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's still working, even after logging in and out of PSN multiple times, and starting up the game signed in and out. As shown in the picture above, the expiration date regards a time period that isn't the one whereby I had PS+. It isn't even a one-month trial time-period. I literally do have a weird and very fortunate glitch here. Rightful overreaction I suppose, but yeah, I'll admit that the way I worded what I worded was a bit brash/'loud', if you know what I mean.

But. It. Still. Damn. Works.

Please note