A little help for a newbie?

This is a discussion on A little help for a newbie? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys I am a newbie here and I am sorry if this topic has come up before and I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A little help for a newbie?

Hey guys I am a newbie here and I am sorry if this topic has come up before and I failed to notice it but I have an older PS3 that was originally an 80GB PS2 compatable model. I read online how to upgrade the hard drive and followed the instructions to the best of my ability. When I was finished, i went from a 80GB 5000+ RPM (5400 i think) hard drive to a 250GB 5400RPM hard drive. everything seemed alright when I installed the new drive and now all the games are loading alot slower. Have I goofed in installing the new hard drive or should I go on some fancy restore method like rebuilding the database? Please help me because I would like to be able to run my games without failure. Thank you for your time.

Negator

you could try to rebuild the database.

If that doesn't work, double check all the information (triple check) to ensure you've followed all the instructions.

If still come up empty handed, re-do the process. Use Swissknife (on your PC) to format the drive and create the proper folder structure

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Helyx
    you could try to rebuild the database.

If that doesn't work, double check all the information (triple check) to ensure you've followed all the instructions.

If still come up empty handed, re-do the process. Use Swissknife (on your PC) to format the drive and create the proper folder structure
    Ok I'll try that, while I am on here, is there a site i could go on to get a new shell? I bought this used and the bliddy power button is popped out of place so using the power button is a pain.
    Edit: thank you Helyx

Negator

Look up your console model "CECH-XXXX" and search Amazon/eBay for replacement shells.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is there an official site? I only see 1 shell on Ebay and none on Amazon (CECHE01) MG

Negator

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well I am defeinently embarressed by that...must not have searched the right tags.