Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PlayStationPlus-Worth it?

This is a discussion on PlayStationPlus-Worth it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, Im contemplating getting a ps+ yearlong account, but im wondering if its worth the 50$? What exactly are ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PlayStationPlus-Worth it?

Hey guys, Im contemplating getting a ps+ yearlong account, but im wondering if its worth the 50$?
    What exactly are the pros of a + account? is it just discounts off downloadable games? I hear you get free games, but are they actually good games? or just a bunch of crappy ones? is there a lot of free stuff, or is it just once in a while?
    does it include anything else?
    id like to hear your guys opinion if you like the service or not. any pros and cons.
    thanks yall

(note: if this is already another thread, sorry, I couldn't find it)

illegal in 9 countries

I've been a PS+ user since day dot and have easily saved myself a couple of grand with all of the freebies and discounts I've accumulated over the last couple of years. Not a bad return for an annual fee of $50 and it's only getting better with games for PS3, PS4 and Vita on the same PS+ account. Not to mention we can backup protected game saves online, just in case our PS3s decide to take a dirt nap.

So that's a "yeah" from me. PS+ is the shit.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-09-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

...sigh.

Yes, for the fucking thousandth time, it is worth it.

Pros: it's the best service in gaming.

Cons: people keep asking if it's "worth it."

Go buy it and enjoy.

/thread.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Okay, you should have had PS+ already for a long time!! It's defenitely worth it's money. Every month you get free games. There is a difference between the US and the EU Store. Because i'm European, i'll tell you which games i already got for free: MGS Revengeance, DmC, Saints Row 3, Hitman Absolution, Grid 2, Maffia II, The Full Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Borderlands 2 .... And that's only for PS3. For the Vita we got: Unit 13, Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Thomas was Alone, Metal Gear Solid 2... And that's just a few off them. I'm forgetting alot off games for the moment. In one or 2 months you should get your 50dollars out of it with the free games. Not to forget that you need PS+ if you want to play online games if you ever go for the PS4.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

No cons here, its not even expensive for a years subscription. Worth every penny.

PRO Member

If u want to save money is the way to go

Negator

Discounts and freebies are all fine and dandy, but I like the gold + symbol by my name.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Before Plus, my life was a terrible gaping maw of despair that knew no such thing as joy or sunshine. In the time since Plus however, i regularly skip around the house, giggling with unbridled glee at my large collection of gaming goodies, the only downside is i'm usually too tired from the skipping to play most of them.

Still, worth every penny.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Let's get the obvious out of the way: If you plan on getting a PS4 in the near future, then you will need Plus to play online.

That being said, you don't need a PS4 to get plus, as it's still the best deal in all of console gaming, hands down. I mean cloud saves, free games, discounts, the little plus by your name, plus pays for itself in a couple of months. 12 PS3 games, 6 Vita games, and 2 PS4 games are available at all times. The games get changed out every so often, but you always have access to ALL of the games that have been on plus during your subscription. I have close to, if not over 100 games I can play for free. Sure, some are crappy, or short, but many of them are full fledged retail games. Later this month BioShock Infinite will be free on plus.

If you let your subscription lapse, you do lose access to your games. But as soon as you come back, you get access back to all of them. But honestly, I don't know anyone that gets plus and isn't thrilled with it.

PRO Member

<signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Venire, Videre, Vince

I got 99 problems but the PS+ subscription aint one, just do it win/win

Lvl 7 - Gold

Agree with Faust. It's stupid how good of a deal it is. Do you want to go out and drop $60 on a brand new video game? Most folks don't...go give the store $50 for a year and get a stupid amount of games for free. this is JUST FOR JANUARY - DMC ($40 value?) Bioshock Infinite - ($30-$60 value depending on where you get it from) a free PSN game for the PS4 - I mean...hell, that first month of getting it it's already paid for itself and you have 11 more months of sweet games to enjoy. There is seriously no question about "is it worth it" anymore - it should be "when can I renew?" And the answer my friend, is now. Do it. Now. Today. Don't finish this sentence. Go buy it.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

PRO Member

You'll feel like you are cheating with PS+. That's how good it is.

PRO Member

PS+ is basically becoming a necessity now that ps4 multiplayer is only accessible if you are a plus member. PS+ is also definitely worth it if you are just thinking about dollars, however, if you prefer physical media or buy all the games you like right away PS+ might not be worth the $50. I didn't get plus for a long time until I heard about ps4 multiplayer, that's why I finally gave in and bought a subscription.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As with everyone else's comments, YES it's worth it. I have been getting screwed personally for the past 5 months because I also subscribe to GameFly, and a lot of the games PS+ has been putting out I already played. But all in all, I'm still going to renew when my subscription comes near its end. I like the discounts mostly, and there are still a bunch of games I get from the free list I haven't played yet which still makes it worthwhile. I got my PS+ subscription at a time when they were giving the "Spend $50, get $10 back" special. So I ended up getting 15 months for 40 bucks. 50 is still a sweet deal for something that's worth at least $100 (or more)

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by tuvuu48- View Post
    PS+ is basically becoming a necessity now that ps4 multiplayer is only accessible if you are a plus member.
    This is only true for 'select games', in the same way only certain games on PS3 needed online passes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    12 PS3 games, 6 Vita games, and 2 PS4 games are available at all times. The games get changed out every so often, but you always have access to ALL of the games that have been on plus during your subscription.
    This is only true if you actually download the games before they leave IGC. If the game isn't in your download list, you wont play it for free after it's rotated out.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

A plat a month!

On top of all these comments, retailers often run promotions that allow you some sort of discount on PS+. Last December Amazon offered 1 year subscriptions for $39.99. A bunch of other retailers also did as well during Black Friday, so it may not even cost you the full amount.

I originally got my PS+ subscription to get me out of a pinch. My old PS3 fried, and I was able to fix it temporarily. I got the subscription, and uploaded all my game saves to the cloud. Went out and purchased a new PS3, and then downloaded all my saves. I was back to where I was before my old PS3 died.

And they I discovered the Instant Game Collection. WOW! The first title I downloaded was Just Cause 2. A very fun game! I have since downloaded many games, and earn quite a few new shiny platinums!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Amazon offered 1 year subscriptions for $39.99. A bunch of other retailers also did as well during Black Friday, so it may not even cost you the full amount.
    12-month subscriptions were $29.99 on Black Friday. I got mine.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

OK. you guys got me. ill get it
    Thankyou all for your help! much appreciated

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    12-month subscriptions were $29.99 on Black Friday. I got mine.
    Hell yeah! I got two of them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast