Pulse Wireless headset problems

This is a discussion on Pulse Wireless headset problems within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I brought the GTAV Pulse wireless gaming headset about a week ago & it's been great! But just now I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Pulse Wireless headset problems

I brought the GTAV Pulse wireless gaming headset about a week ago & it's been great! But just now I plugged it into my ps3 while playing Final Fantasy XIII & suddenly it didn't seem so loud.. I had the volume at max when normally I could only stand it at around 30%

I thought it may have been something to do with installing the pulse app manager & customizing the settings so I exited my game & went into the manager & restored the default settings. Now they wont seem to work at all with the ps3..

The menu shows up on the top right hand corner when I turn the volume up or turn the microphone off, so it seems to be connected..

I plugged the 3.5mm jack in & that didnt solve a thing.

I plugged it into my PC next to try it out on that & it installed the drivers automatically in windows 7 & works fine with wireless, then I plugged the 3.5mm jack directly into my PC & that also works fine but when I plug the 3.5mm jack into the dongle via my PC it stops working :s

I then tested it on my second PS3 (Which I have not installed the Pulse manager in at all) & tried all of the about that I did with my previous PlayStation 3 as I was playing Final Fantasy.. Nothing seemed to work, It just does the exact same thing. The volume is working with my TV, So its not necessarily the PS3 I dont think as I thought maybe I needed to setup the audio or something but that's not the case I dont think :s

Also when I press the mode button I still hear a voice say "Game" or "Music" ect.. But their is nothing else, no actual game sound from my ps3, no MP3's are playing & no clicking sounds while scrolling through menu's..

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It doesn't seem faulty but should I just return it for a new one as its not working on neither of my PS3's or is their a simple solution?

I've tried everything I can think off, Including restarting/rebooting the PS3/PS3's

Im out of idea's.. Can anyone got any suggestions?

Forget I Was Ever Here

Well I don't know how the Pulse works exactly but most headsets have the volume control on the hardware itself but the ps3 console in the setting they set the hardware to a default setting which can be changed if you haven't tried that one. Other than that sry bud I don't have that headset and would have no idea

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I found this on the official playstation support for the pulse headset, tried changing some setting & still no luck, It says in the setting that the pulse headset is in fact connected :s

PULSE - Wireless Stereo Headset- Setup and Troubleshooting | Official PlayStation website: Help & Support