PS3 Trophies Pop but are missing after I turn the PS3 on later

This is a discussion on PS3 Trophies Pop but are missing after I turn the PS3 on later within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As the title says, earlier I was playing Deadpool (about an hour or 2 ago). When I turned off the ...

Trophy Huntin'

PS3 Trophies Pop but are missing after I turn the PS3 on later

As the title says, earlier I was playing Deadpool (about an hour or 2 ago). When I turned off the system, i literally had 1 trophy left for the platinum. I boot the system back up and it's time to go for that last trophy. Seeing as I had the one trophy left, it should have been at 98%, the typical percentage for one bronze left. I get my last trophy and it pops. I wait... and wait... and wait... No platinum. I look at my trophies and it says I only have 68% of the trophies... I'm literally beyond confused. Can someone tell me a fix or tell me what happened?
    If it helps at all, my PS3 decided to freeze on the game's start up when i just turned it on. It was showing the developers and froze. I had to reset the system

Edit: I went back to earn a trophy all over again and it popped this time... But the others didn't. I'm now stuck at 70%. It appears as if i'll have to re earn tonight's trophies... Ugh

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Negator

As long as you sync trophies to the PSN server, they cannot be lost.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Trophy Huntin'

So seeing as I didn't sync it prior to turning my PS3 off, you're saying i'm fucked and have to redo it if I want the plat?

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    So seeing as I didn't sync it prior to turning my PS3 off, you're saying i'm fucked and have to redo it if I want the plat?
    Pretty much.

If you don't sync your trophies, you lose them if your system or game crashes or if you lose data, etc.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 6 - Silver

must be something wrong with your PS3, or maybe a corrupted install or something, as trophies shouldn't disappear when you turn the console off.

you could maybe try deleting the game install from 'Game Data Utility' and reinstalling, only other option is syncing them everytime before shutting the console off, but you shouldn't need to do that.

Lvl 7 - Gold

try to sync the trophies sometimes it helps and the trophies will show again. alternatively delete the game data and let it install again

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have played games before and when I would go to check my trophy progress and the title wouldn't even be in my trophy list but after a quick sync they would appear. Hopefully that is all you will have to do.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    must be something wrong with your PS3, or maybe a corrupted install or something, as trophies shouldn't disappear when you turn the console off.

you could maybe try deleting the game install from 'Game Data Utility' and reinstalling, only other option is syncing them everytime before shutting the console off, but you shouldn't need to do that.
    ^This

Turning off your PS3 won't make you lose your trophies. I've played offline many times and synced several days later. All of my trophies appeared. They are stored on the PS3. Good luck!

Trophy Huntin'

Alright. Thanks for the information guys. It sucks I have to play through half the game all over again but I guess I'll manage... I think it must be something with the games data because when I had started I back up it was giving me the setup options as if I had never played, you know brightness and screen size. My save file was still functioning. Regardless, it could've been worse.

edit: apparently my last ps+ save was from the beginning of the game... Ugh fuck me