Trophy Unlocking...

This is a discussion on Trophy Unlocking... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, on another site i was on, members were passing around this link to this other site that shows you ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Trophy Unlocking...

So, on another site i was on, members were passing around this link to this other site that shows you how to automatically unlock all trophies in a game. i reallly dont understand the point of this, why cheat? collecting the trophies is the fun and challenging part, then the pride you get with knowing and being able to say i earned all these trophies. People put hundreds of hours into earning their plats, and then some ass just goes and gets them all in under ten minutes just by clicking a few buttons with his mouse?
    I have to admit, im kinda disgusted with this, and i feel bad for the people that have to do this just to try feel good about them selves. and for what? so they can boast to their friends? to people theyve never met over the internet? to have their name on a leaderboard?
    ......opinions?

A plat a month!

I agree, why cheat? You are only proving that you know how to exploit a system, not prove your ability at gaming.

However, I do think that there are a few grey areas that can be taken advantage of.
    1. Boosting - nothing wrong in my opinion in getting some friends to work together to unlock a hard to earn trophy.
    2. Known in game exploits - more of a grey area for me, but if the devs either know about a problem and do not take action to fix it, or are not aware of a problem, its OK to take advantage. I've only done this once, in Wolfenstein, to get to level 50 in MP (where the problem was known, it had a very small online community, and the exploit was known by the dev)

Lvl 7 - Gold

this has been posted a lot of times. but I agree with you, I try to get as much platinums as possible but if I don't manage it doesn't matter as long as I enjoyed the game