Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fallout 3 Or Fallout New VEGAS PS3

This is a discussion on Fallout 3 Or Fallout New VEGAS PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by sizon199 Both settings are really interesteing imo. Post apocaliptic wasteland is not a common setting and its ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sizon199 View Post
    Both settings are really interesteing imo. Post apocaliptic wasteland is not a common setting and its unique.
    The fantasy setting is far more common,but for me it never gets boring .

You got plat on FO3 ? You could sell it,since the goty version is very hard to come by you could get at least 20$ ,since its such an old game.
    Ya I got the plat a few years ago. Bought the game at Walmart for 20 bucks usually I keep all my games so I still have it.

I never really cared for Bethesda games anyways that's why I don't like Skyrim. Fantasy settings are never boring, I just prefer JRPGs over RPGs.

Bringing the PAIN

Having both plats, FO3 is easier to plat and quicker. FO:NV is only rough since you gotta get all the damage and healing trophies and some took me thru even a lot of the DLC to do. make sure if in FO3 you get the bobbleheads done in time. If you miss some you'd have to start all over.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    definitely, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

amazing game, and the crashing only really happens once you pass the original level 20 cap, the DLC quests on the other hand do crash a fair bit, with Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout being the worst for it. just be sure and manually save frequently.

easy plat and 100%

New Vegas is technically the better game but it just doesn't appeal to me as much, especially with its blue skies, Fallout 3 set the tone more and had that better "end of the world" feel to it
    I ordered fallout 3 (standard edition) used for 15$ .There isnt any new copy or goty available here :'( .
    Should have just gotten NV for 10$ new .Since fo3 has techinal issues,any scratch on the disc <used copy> will only make it worse.But i didnt want to ignore fo3,since all people agree that its much better

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Ya I got the plat a few years ago. Bought the game at Walmart for 20 bucks usually I keep all my games so I still have it.

I never really cared for Bethesda games anyways that's why I don't like Skyrim. Fantasy settings are never boring, I just prefer JRPGs over RPGs.
    Interesteing.. So i suppose you watch animes too xD . I ve finished ni no kuni (was medicore game for me.Too much cuteness,but a great open world missing from the most games theese days), tales of graces f (it was good,not great), ff 13(great soundtrack and combat! lame linearity) ff 13-2(meh time travel) .Maybe i ve missed something. So are there any other jrpgs on ps3? I prefer them too over Wrpgs . Ah also i bought tales of xillia,and to me it feels beyond terrible.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Having both plats, FO3 is easier to plat and quicker. FO:NV is only rough since you gotta get all the damage and healing trophies and some took me thru even a lot of the DLC to do. make sure if in FO3 you get the bobbleheads done in time. If you miss some you'd have to start all over.
    Ya i ve checked a guide and i noticed theese bobbleheads. Thank you , YAHIKO

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow.. I just checked the whole guide and it seems impossible to plat.Not by difficulty standards,or by time . It requires strict choises in order to do much of the trophies.Also since the side quests arent displayed on the map,how the hell i m i supposed to know their exact place? I will have to check guides 24/7 .. No thanks :3

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    The GOTY edition is the only one with trophies, if I remember right.
    You remember wrong.

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim all have trophies.

Fallout 3 is better than Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim is also brilliant and well worth the purchase, but if you're having doubts try to play it at a friend's house first to get a feel for it.

They all have issues with bugs the further you progress through the game as your save file increases in size.

You should be able to get platinums in Fallout 3 and Skyrim before the bugs start getting to you. When (if) you start doing the DLC is when you'll begin to notice lagging in the frame-rate and occasional freezing. This will most likely happen around the start of your second DLC package assuming you spent maybe 60-70 hours in the main game.

When playing Fallout 3, assuming you're hoping to get platinum eventually, keep a guide next to you for missable bobbleheads. There are a few that cannot be obtained after a certain point which will force you to replay the game again to get them. Also make a new save file when you reach roughly half way through level 7, 13, and 19. This will enable you to reload that save file and increase / decrease your karma so that you can achieve the trophies for good, neutral, and bad karma on each level. Some people will consider this cheating but it's just being efficient. You'll definitely play the game again in the future, might as well get as many trophies as possible on your first run through.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Lvl 6 - Silver

Interesteing.. So i suppose you watch animes too xD . I ve finished ni no kuni (was medicore game for me.Too much cuteness,but a great open world missing from the most games theese days), tales of graces f (it was good,not great), ff 13(great soundtrack and combat! lame linearity) ff 13-2(meh time travel) .Maybe i ve missed something. So are there any other jrpgs on ps3? I prefer them too over Wrpgs . Ah also i bought tales of xillia,and to me it feels beyond terrible.
    I used to watch a lot of anime not so much anymore. Having kids and a wife I cant afford both games and anime.

Resonance of Fate, Demon Souls, and Dark Souls and great JRPs. RoF can be an extreme grind fest at some point though. Both Soul game offer a great challenge. I don't really care to much for the anime style JRPGs unless the have a dark setting to them. Unfortunately the PS3 doesn't offer many I want t play.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easily Fallout 3.

B**TCH I EAT PEOPLE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used to watch a lot of anime not so much anymore. Having kids and a wife I cant afford both games and anime.

Resonance of Fate, Demon Souls, and Dark Souls and great JRPs. RoF can be an extreme grind fest at some point though. Both Soul game offer a great challenge. I don't really care to much for the anime style JRPGs unless the have a dark setting to them. Unfortunately the PS3 doesn't offer many I want t play.
    Well , ive tried ROF and i didnt like it at all. The soul series isnt a jrpg,its more like an oldschool wrpg. I really like them,but i m not patient at all.I cant just keep trying until i make progress. Yeah , the ps3 has absolutely no jrpgs.. The most jrpgs are being released either on psp/vita or on 3ds/ds .. I own a 3ds,but i never play since i dont feel comfortable at all playing at that small screen.. I would like to get a ps vita TV, just to play persona 4 golden on the big screen

Anyways, i got fallout 3 and all i can say is....AWSOME . I ve played 6 hours today already >.< . Feels like a survival game tbh,like you need to scavange things in order to survive . Although i normaly hate survival games, i dunno i love this one.The exploration is also sick! Well so far the charachters are just ok,noone stands out .The story is ok too.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmon133 View Post
    You remember wrong.

Fallout 3 is better than Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim is also brilliant and well worth the purchase, but if you're having doubts try to play it at a friend's house first to get a feel for it.

They all have issues with bugs the further you progress through the game as your save file increases in size.

You should be able to get platinums in Fallout 3 and Skyrim before the bugs start getting to you. When (if) you start doing the DLC is when you'll begin to notice lagging in the frame-rate and occasional freezing. This will most likely happen around the start of your second DLC package assuming you spent maybe 60-70 hours in the main game.

When playing Fallout 3, assuming you're hoping to get platinum eventually, keep a guide next to you for missable bobbleheads. There are a few that cannot be obtained after a certain point which will force you to replay the game again to get them. Also make a new save file when you reach roughly half way through level 7, 13, and 19. This will enable you to reload that save file and increase / decrease your karma so that you can achieve the trophies for good, neutral, and bad karma on each level. Some people will consider this cheating but it's just being efficient. You'll definitely play the game again in the future, might as well get as many trophies as possible on your first run through.
    Well,the missable bobleheads and the karma load method is not a big deal. I mostly concerned about the side quests.How the hell am i going to find all of them?And i must not screw up in any of the side missions/story missions ,cause it can make me loose a trophy . Also... there may be glitched mutants as the guide states.. Overall seems like a really stressful platinum trophy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well , ive tried ROF and i didnt like it at all. The soul series isnt a jrpg,its more like an oldschool wrpg. I really like them,but i m not patient at all.I cant just keep trying until i make progress. Yeah , the ps3 has absolutely no jrpgs.. The most jrpgs are being released either on psp/vita or on 3ds/ds .. I own a 3ds,but i never play since i dont feel comfortable at all playing at that small screen.. I would like to get a ps vita TV, just to play persona 4 golden on the big screen

Anyways, i got fallout 3 and all i can say is....AWSOME . I ve played 6 hours today already >.< . Feels like a survival game tbh,like you need to scavange things in order to survive . Although i normaly hate survival games, i dunno i love this one.The exploration is also sick! Well so far the charachters are just ok,noone stands out .The story is ok too.
    The Soul series is a JRPG. Reminds me of Kings Field for the PSX, although it is a FPS style RPG. They are also developed by the same developer making it a JRPG.

Lvl 8 - Gold

You remember wrong.

I just remember when I first started playing FO3 on PS3, there weren't trophies, it may have came with a patch later on, but I didn't have a high speed internet connection until the GOTY edition came out, which did have trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    I just remember when I first started playing FO3 on PS3, there weren't trophies, it may have came with a patch later on, but I didn't have a high speed internet connection until the GOTY edition came out, which did have trophies.
    Yes they patched the game later on. I'm on my second PSN profile on my first one I only had the standard edition. The DLC took a long time to be released.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yes they patched the game later on. I'm on my second PSN profile on my first one I only had the standard edition. The DLC took a long time to be released.
    Okay, I never got any of the trophies before I got the GOTY edition, and I never was able to download the patch to get any of the trophies. I remember when I got the GOTY edition, I was better than half-way through the game and none of the trophies popped and I had to restart the game and I was pissed.

Rise Above

fall out 3 due to the fact that fallout new vegas was glitched to hell

#cutformesa

Well,the missable bobleheads and the karma load method is not a big deal. I mostly concerned about the side quests.How the hell am i going to find all of them?And i must not screw up in any of the side missions/story missions ,cause it can make me loose a trophy . Also... there may be glitched mutants as the guide states.. Overall seems like a really stressful platinum trophy.
    Finding the side quests is not an issue at all. If you do get stuck trying to find one, just google "[mission name] location" and you'll find a map with the exact location of where to start it so you just head there. You'll find most if not all of them yourself just by exploring the world which you will definitely spend a lot of time doing because it's amazing.

There's only one side quest where you might screw it up and that's the Nuka Cola Challenge. All you have to do is not drink/sell any fancy bottles of Nuka Cola you find and you'll get through it no problem.

Ignore the guide for now. Just play the game. Enjoy it. Stop focusing so much on trophies and they'll come to you with little effort on your part. There's only a few trophies where you will need some help and that's only in finding the location of some things - nothing more. It's an easy platinum that you get by simply playing the game.

Also, clicking on the button to the right of "reply with quote" will let you reply to multiple people at once in a single post instead of across several posts.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Finding the side quests is not an issue at all. If you do get stuck trying to find one, just google "[mission name] location" and you'll find a map with the exact location of where to start it so you just head there. You'll find most if not all of them yourself just by exploring the world which you will definitely spend a lot of time doing because it's amazing.

There's only one side quest where you might screw it up and that's the Nuka Cola Challenge. All you have to do is not drink/sell any fancy bottles of Nuka Cola you find and you'll get through it no problem.

Ignore the guide for now. Just play the game. Enjoy it. Stop focusing so much on trophies and they'll come to you with little effort on your part. There's only a few trophies where you will need some help and that's only in finding the location of some things - nothing more. It's an easy platinum that you get by simply playing the game.

Also, clicking on the button to the right of "reply with quote" will let you reply to multiple people at once in a single post instead of across several posts.
    Thats what i have been doing.I only searched for the missable bobbleheads and learned about the karma saves .I m playing without guides expect from thoose 2 things. I can say the game is amazing.I have been missing so much.One negative thing is that the atmosphere is so good,that makes you invest tons of hours in the game .I m already 9 hours in and i got the game yesterday.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

GG bethesda. I fell into a place in the museum metro that u cant get off.. Hopefully i had a save file,just before i started the metro. Lost 1 hour + of work...I m so annoyed right now. If i didnt have that extra save i would have to start from the start..

PRO Member

FO3 is by far the batter game. I need to play it one more time to get the last of the trophies and get the plat, but it holds me much better than New Vegas does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast