Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fallout 3 Or Fallout New VEGAS PS3

This is a discussion on Fallout 3 Or Fallout New VEGAS PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello guys .. Anyone played the fallout series can help me with this ? Basicly, i want one of thoose ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fallout 3 Or Fallout New VEGAS PS3

Hello guys .. Anyone played the fallout series can help me with this ?
    Basicly, i want one of thoose two to spent some time with it and eventually get the platinum trophy.
    The standard edition of fallout 3(non goty) includes trophies,doesnt it?
    So i know theese games on PS3 are very buggy,so i m looking for the least buggy title.
    Also which one has the easiest platinum trophy? Better story ? and so on..

The dlc are bugged for both games,right ?
    Any tips for the game(for example dont use laser guns or the game crashes) are appriciated.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The GOTY edition is the only one with trophies, if I remember right. I don't have the plat for either, but I've talked to people that do and they really had to push themselves to get the plat for New Vegas, whereas Fallout 3 was a much more fun game and easy to plat in that regard. They're both equally buggy, as well. I haven't really played much of the DLC for New Vegas, but when I went through Fallout 3 on 360, I didn't have that many bugs in the DLC there. As far as better story, gameplay, etc., I and the majority of people that I know say Fallout 3 is the way to go, and those that have gotten the plats for both say Fallout 3 is a much more enjoyable experience. One tip I can give you though, keep multiple save files.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yes, the standard edition of Fallout 3 has trophies. I have it and I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever.

I haven't played New Vegas but I've been following the game's release and I heard it has a lot of issues and players having to jump through hoops to actually be able to play the game. I'm sure there are people here who played it so they might give you better advice on NV, but I had no issues with the standard edition of Fallout 3.

Platmate Editor in Chief

Both of the games are going to have the same issues the larger your save file gets, just like SkyRim, its just something Bethesda couldnt fix. I recommend playing FO3 first, then moving on to FNV. Both are fantastic, BUT IMO FO3 is the better game.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Both of the games are going to have the same issues the larger your save file gets, just like SkyRim, its just something Bethesda couldnt fix. I recommend playing FO3 first, then moving on to FNV. Both are fantastic, BUT IMO FO3 is the better game.
    Pretty much, this. FO3 is better in my opinion as well. I, myself, didn't experience many freezing issues. It's different for everyone.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Yes, the standard edition of Fallout 3 has trophies. I have it and I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever.

I haven't played New Vegas but I've been following the game's release and I heard it has a lot of issues and players having to jump through hoops to actually be able to play the game. I'm sure there are people here who played it so they might give you better advice on NV, but I had no issues with the standard edition of Fallout 3.
    sweet! I though only the goty edition had trophies.. And i cant find any goty editions available

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seems like fallout 3 is the way to go ,at first . Since i cant find the goty edition,do you guys reccomend any good essential piece of DLC ? I see some gold+silver trophies in there

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Also guys,do you reccomend me to buy skyrim legendary edition after fallout?I havent bought it so far,cause i dont like the combat at all(has no weight imo,and the trophies are much more time consuming ,so i m saving it for the summer holidays :3 )

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by sizon199 View Post
    Seems like fallout 3 is the way to go ,at first . Since i cant find the goty edition,do you guys reccomend any good essential piece of DLC ? I see some gold+silver trophies in there
    Point Lookout is by FAR the best of the FO3 DLCs

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Point Lookout is by FAR the best of the FO3 DLCs
    Indeed! It looks really interesting. Kind of Horror style.

Platmate Editor in Chief

Indeed! It looks really interesting. Kind of Horror style.
    It also has its own smaller open world map with new locations

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have platted Fo3, N and Skyrim and I think it would be your best case scenario to play and enjoy all 3 in order. Fo3 has the best story of the 3 IMO but it's a little buggier than the other 2. NV is a sweet game in its own right but it is a little cooler after you have done Fo3. Skyrim is just epic but very buggy if the save file gets to a certain point but all 3 are worth the time and effort if you ask me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It also has its own smaller open world map with new locations
    Sweet , thank you very much ! As i said above ^ do you reccomend me to buy skyrim legendary edition after fallout?I havent bought it so far,cause i dont like the combat at all(has no weight imo,and the trophies are much more time consuming ,so i m saving it for the summer holidays :3 )

Platmate Editor in Chief

Sweet , thank you very much ! As i said above ^ do you reccomend me to buy skyrim legendary edition after fallout?I havent bought it so far,cause i dont like the combat at all(has no weight imo,and the trophies are much more time consuming ,so i m saving it for the summer holidays :3 )
    If you like FO, you will like SkyRim, its basically the same combat, just with swords and bows instead of guns. Its a fantastic game but does have the same type of issues so I def recommend giving it a play, and its an easy plat

Lvl 6 - Silver

If you like FO, you will like SkyRim, its basically the same combat, just with swords and bows instead of guns. Its a fantastic game but does have the same type of issues so I def recommend giving it a play, and its an easy plat

I don't like Skyrim but I like FO. The setting of FO I really enjoyed not so much with Skyrim.

I would be happy to give my copy GOTY for FO3 away, have no plans to play it again.

Sig by JakeSS14

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    I don't like Skyrim but I like FO. The setting of FO I really enjoyed not so much with Skyrim.

I would be happy to give my copy GOTY for FO3 away, have no plans to play it again.
    Both settings are really interesteing imo. Post apocaliptic wasteland is not a common setting and its unique.
    The fantasy setting is far more common,but for me it never gets boring .

You got plat on FO3 ? You could sell it,since the goty version is very hard to come by you could get at least 20$ ,since its such an old game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have the plat for Skyrim and Fallout 3. Both were fun and niether gave me too many issues. Both take a substantial amount of time but I never really got bored grinding the trophies. They stayed enjoyable.

New Vegas on the other hand....I hated. The story and mechanics were fine for the most part, but I had so many issues with bugs. It constantly froze and glitched. One day it froze 4 times in a 3 hour period. I got so frustrated I quit after I finished one ending. Also, this one seems to take a longer to platinum (I dont have it but I am assuming) as you have to make certain choices somewhat early in the game that effect the endings and stories later in the game.

Mini Ninja

I have Fallout NV, but I never got to the end. I remember recruiting two certain characters and the game got really buggy after that. It froze often. I spent over two hours trying to finish a simple "follow me" mission that a character gave me because the game crashed every time I tried to leave town with her. That happened about 3 or 4 times before I finally escaped. I became so frustrated that I moved on to something else. Haven't played NV since, but I'd like to eventually go back. It's an incredibly fun game if you have a lot of patience to deal with the bugs and crashes.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wick3d_turtle View Post
    I have Fallout NV, but I never got to the end. I remember recruiting two certain characters and the game got really buggy after that. It froze often. I spent over two hours trying to finish a simple "follow me" mission that a character gave me because the game crashed every time I tried to leave town with her. That happened about 3 or 4 times before I finally escaped. I became so frustrated that I moved on to something else. Haven't played NV since, but I'd like to eventually go back. It's an incredibly fun game if you have a lot of patience to deal with the bugs and crashes.
    Well certenaly i dont have patience..But it costs like 5 -10 euro ,so its not a big deal .I will try to plat it though ,if i really like it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

definitely, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

amazing game, and the crashing only really happens once you pass the original level 20 cap, the DLC quests on the other hand do crash a fair bit, with Operation Anchorage and Point Lookout being the worst for it. just be sure and manually save frequently.

easy plat and 100%

New Vegas is technically the better game but it just doesn't appeal to me as much, especially with its blue skies, Fallout 3 set the tone more and had that better "end of the world" feel to it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast