Recommendations

This is a discussion on Recommendations within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi, I could really use some help from gamers infinitely better than me! Maybe some of you will sneer when ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Recommendations

Hi,
    I could really use some help from gamers infinitely better than me!
    Maybe some of you will sneer when I say this but I'm absolutely rubbish at games that require you to play on hard or hard++++ to platinum.
    I really love games like Bioshock series, the Mass Effect Series, the Fallout series, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, resident Evil, Dishonoured & Alice the Madness Returns for example, but with the exception of Skyrim & the Fallouts I haven't got a platinum in ANY of them and it upsets me cause they are my fave games. I've read the trophy guides that give tips but it stresses me out to a level where I want to smash everything I see and I'm getting thoroughly depressed with my trophy list which is so incomplete.

Can anyone recommend any similar games where Difficulty Doesn't Affect Trophies? I wouldn't say I'm a lazy gamer that wants a quick fix I don't mind the tedium of hunting for hours for collectibles like the feathers in Assassins Creed, I actually enjoy things like that but I'm just tired of not being able to remember when I last platinumed anything
    Please Help!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You should not force yourself playing games that drive you nuts. Stress ruins you in all the ways. If you into trophies try doing research before buying and don't buy games that has trophys that require you to win the game on the hardest level of difficulty. Latest easy one I can say for you is 'The Wolf Among Us" game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Assassin's Creed series (namely 2, 3, and 4), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Dante's Inferno, all these have rather easy platinums.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Can't go wrong with Borderlands. While it doesn't have any trophies that require you to play the game on a certain difficulty, you do have to level up, which can get a little bit frustrating. Still, it's worth a play.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

If playing games on higher difficulties isn't for you, then keep going with the Assassin's Creed series, as there's only one preset difficulty level in those games. The Saboteur is a great sandbox game with no difficulty-related trophies attached. Tomb Raider or LA Noire are also worth a look.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Assassin's Creed series (namely 2, 3, and 4), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Dante's Inferno, all these have rather easy platinums.
    I agree on the AC, but I recommend on avoiding Brotherhood unless you can find a good boosting group otherwise you'll pull your hairs out trying to get AETOM.

But anyways, I suggest trying the collection sets (ie Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, God of War, etc) since a majority of those dont require difficulty trophies, but they do have one or two trophies that are tedious or a grind to get. Ratchet and Clank: FFA is easy along with with the free Ratchet Deadlocked if you get a new copy of R&C:FFA. Ratchet and Clank All 4 One can be really easy, or difficult depending on who's your coop partner (btw, you'll need a second controller to plat for one offline coop trophy). Sleeping Dogs can be easy if you take the time to do the sidequests and collections for maximum perks/health, but it'll take a bit time to do so. Last Rebellion is a ridiculously easy plat, it can be done in less than a day if you got the enemy weak points memorized. Back to the Future the Game is also an easy plat, but it can be confusing at times due to having to figure out puzzles with vague details. Jurassic the Hunter is one game that is really easy, even on Hard Mode, with only one part that was difficult. Honestly there are too many for me to name right now.

Toggle Spoiler

Will you play for the love of the game or die as a coward?
    Will Not Accept Blank Friend Requests

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkben View Post
    I agree on the AC, but I recommend on avoiding Brotherhood unless you can find a good boosting group otherwise you'll pull your hairs out trying to get AETOM.
    Yeah, I'm going through that now.

illegal in 9 countries

The Ratchet & Clank series. Only a couple of them have difficulty settings and even though almost all have a Challenge mode, they're a joke by the time you've got the Ryno at the end of the first playthrough.

Beer me woman

FarCry 3 is pretty easy to plat ;-)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Try Vanquish. Just a couple easy challenges at the end and you'll have a shiny new plat

Lvl 6 - Silver

sly cooper games

Lvl 6 - Silver

Man, don't worry about plats too much, i've got the same problem as you have, i have got 200+ games, but only a few plats.
    I like, no, i love plats, but a lot are not ment to be for me.

example: X-men : Destiny is a very cool game and i've played through the game twice, but playing on "X-treme" gets me frustrated.
    I rather have no plat, then alot of stress, even though i am so close.

The same thing goes for Lord of the Rings: War in the North, i also got that game finished like 93% or so, but the hard mode gives me too much stress.

I've platted Diablo 3, since you have the skyrim-plat you could surely get that one.
    Or try an easy game like mini ninjas, which is REALLY fun to plat!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thank you so much for all your replies! I really appreciate it! Have just finished episode 1 of walking dead. Didn't even know it was out for ps3 bit of a bugger as I've already completed it on my ipad but hey, it's nice to get the regular 'ding' of a trophy
    Glad I'm not the only one who gets stressed out over plats I guess they're not all meant for me either but it's a bit depressing when my boyfriend borrows bioshock (for example) and platinums it in two days boo
    anyhoo, thanks again, I have plenty to check out now