Playstation Now (leaked) $50 cost plus leaked launching lineup

This is a discussion on Playstation Now (leaked) $50 cost plus leaked launching lineup within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Playstation Now Supposedly $49.99, Launch Titles Leaked | GaminRealm.comGaminRealm.com Thoughts? Would you pay a extra $50 for this?...

Plats-O'-War!!

Playstation Now (leaked) $50 cost plus leaked launching lineup

illegal in 9 countries

$50 a year...that's chump change and a no-brainer to get me to subscribe.

Negator

$50 is too much to spend if I can't control the content.

IGC's random games are one thing, but an additional $50 just wont fly with me.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Fight the Future

With a larger selection of games (with PS2 and PS games) I'd absolutely have no problem paying $50 a year for the service, but that launch lineup isn't convincing me to take the plunge just yet.

Lvl 9 - Gold

not really ps plus is enough 4 me atm

Local Drunk

Bit pricey when you're paying for this and Plus but would be good for the games that are still $88 to $109 here. So it has promise.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Going against what you'd pay for say, Netflix, in a year, it's pretty reasonable, it'll become even greater in value as time goes on too. Certainly worth trying for a year ( though i'd imagine there will be smaller chunks of time you can pay for too ).

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm curious if this will be more like a Netflix type deal, where instead of content being cycled in and out, the service is just continually added to. Sure, some stuff may drop off when licenses expire and Sony chooses not to renew content to be on the service (if it's not getting played that much), so sure, it's a fairly good deal for people who missed all these huge games, like gamers who came from the 360. Honestly, that line of thinking makes sense to me.
    As a Playstation gamer, the concept of Now doesn't appeal to me, nor does it make sense to me, cause I still have all the old games I'd want to play, and the means to do so. And I highly doubt we're going to see new releases come to this service anywhere near launch, so for new games that I want to play, I'll still be buying them. This just seems more like a way for people who missed these games to be able to play them on the newest PS consoles that they probably just bought, the Vita and PS4, as well as new Bravias and supposedly more devices later on. It's not meant to be an economic way for those of us who already own these games to be able to play them on PS4. If we already own them, we probably own(ed) a PS3. Getting rid of a console while it's still viable and you're enjoying it is just stupid.
    If they continue to add to the game selection without dropping titles, I could see it eventually being a good deal for someone who really just doesn't want to have more than one PS console hooked up to their TV at a time. But that isn't a problem for me, so while the $50 price tag seems very reasonable to me, it's just not something I'm interested in paying for. In fact, I still own every one of those games I have any interest in.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can see myself being foolish enough to do this.

PRO Member

I'm keeping my PS3 after I have my PS4 so I wouldn't, I don't think it's necessary and also it doesn't have the advantages of PS+.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well at the moment, no. I still have my PS3 so I don't see the value in it whatsoever. Personally I don't really see why anyone who still has a PS3 would want to pay for this, that just seems silly to me. It does seem like a great thing to take advantage of if you only have a PS4 though.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Bringing the PAIN

Well with that lineup... There isn't a single game listed that I don't already have and have finished, that I would wanna play if you gave it to me free... So no subscription here thanks.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Not really for me. I own the consoles, and prefer to use them (as opposed to a third part device + controller). The games I want to play, I own, and the games I don't want to play, I ignore. I feel like this would be 95% titles I'd ignore and 5% I already own once it gets a larger selection (50+). yet for now, it'll just be their main titles.

For people that rent games, this will be an awesome replacement if they have a decent connection/bandwidth allowance.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Trophy Huntin'

Wait a second, you have to have plus in order to subscribe?
    I don't see much use for it. I prefer to have my games on disc anyway.
    Not to mention my connection is garbage

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2